Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
This all rubbish... what age are you all? Looks like you're more like 15 years all, really.
Quite sad IMO.
Perhaps, but yet here you are baiting it on as well.

01-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #77
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
This all rubbish... what age are you all? Looks like you're more like 15 years all, really.
Quite sad IMO.
Thibs, we're on the same page regarding many Pentax related stuff. Let's agree to disagree on this matter as I STILL think that Mr. Bunnell must be President of Pentax USA first and foremost and an avid photographer secondly. Like some pointed out before me since Pentax has no FF or digital MF cameras as we speak following the same logic he could buy and advertise some other gear as well? I think not! If many of us can spend our hard earned money buying Pentax gear especially in this economic times I hope Pentax bosses could do the same instead of buying Panasonic things. Because even though Pentax has not a LX3 equivalent now they are competing in other market segments.
I think I said what I meant to say and I hope we don't escalate this any further.

Radu

P.S. Damn, I wish I was that smart when I was 15 y.o.
01-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Thibs, we're on the same page regarding many Pentax related stuff. Let's agree to disagree on this matter [...]
Sure, we will
01-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AlbertSiegel Quote
You are all reading too much into this. Have you considered that it's just a nice camera and he bought it for no reason other than that? Must he only use Pentax everything just because of who he is?
I agree. I think this is just Ned writing an open blog and being natural. Its neat that Ned acts like a real person instead of like one of these modern politicians who just parrots everything that is PC.

In a way, i'm glad he's looking at a Leica. Perhaps that will give him some ideas along with the Pentax design staff on ways to improve Pentax compacts.

It is a bit odd but I'm glad that Ned can speak so openly. I know we should give him some slack.

Phil

01-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
In a way, i'm glad he's looking at a Leica.
sure, it could be worse... C | N !!!
01-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #81
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
I STILL think that Mr. Bunnell must be President of Pentax USA first and foremost and an avid photographer secondly.
Fully agreed this is what I was trying to say, it's like the Ford CEO buying a Mercades because Ford don't make a bigger car than the Mondeo in the UK and then doing an interview on how much better it is than his companies products! It may be in a separate Market slot, but it's still the same industry.

Peter
01-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some of you guys are very bad at reading between the lines...

And as said above, this type of thing just endears me more to the company. Pentax is "different." I would expect an equivalent exec for Canikon to mindlessly shill his/her own products. The fact that Mr. Bunnell has enough character and is secure enough in his feeling about Pentax products that he can admire other brands is highly admirable to me. Obviously he does not have a persecution complex about Pentax, and does not feel threatened by other good products. But rather he can appreciate them, learn from them, and perhaps use them as leverage (reading between the lines).

I'd rather have a human with a brain and an aesthetic and an opinion as head of Pentax USA rather than some "yes man" marketing bot. But as always, ymmv.
01-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #83
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
I'd rather have a human with a brain and an aesthetic and an opinion as head of Pentax USA rather than some "yes man" marketing bot. But as always, ymmv.
Yes, I'd like to see some Marketing full stop! This is the most I've seem from Pentax in a while and it's net even for thier product. How many people start threads on here saying 'I can't find Pentax near me' or 'Wow I've just found a dealer here', Jees.

01-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #84
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder what the President of Minolta was using just before closing the plant. And yes, the plant did close before Sony bought it and reopened it.
01-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #85
Veteran Member

Marketing meeting in the morning

Meeting memo

As usual this is a closed door session. Remember to bring the competitive product that was assigned to you. Be ruthless in your evaluation. Pay particular attention as to how the product is better than our offering.

These meetings are designed to educate us on what is available and selling so the truth is paramount. Just a reminder that if any of the information discussed in the meeting finds it's way into the public domain, the responsible person will be fired.

The CEO
01-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I wonder what the President of Minolta was using just before closing the plant. And yes, the plant did close before Sony bought it and reopened it.
Vicodin? Or perhaps Johnny Walker Black Label.
01-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #87
Site Supporter

Vicodin? Or perhaps Johnny Walker Black Label.
More like Sake in that context!
01-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
If one of my employees used a competitor product, especially in this economy, I would get rif of him on the spot.
"Worship the company! Love the company! All our competitors are evil! No other good exists but us! You have no life outside the company! You have no existence outside the company! You are useless without us!"

No thanks.
01-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #89

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
do you mean:

LEICA is buying Pentax...
01-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #90
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
"Worship the company! Love the company! All our competitors are evil! No other good exists but us! You have no life outside the company! You have no existence outside the company! You are useless without us!"

No thanks.

Bunnell is not on the Leica/Panasonic payroll.
Closed Thread