Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 05:05 AM   #106
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Of course I said none of this. I am the one defending the rights of someone to write what they want on their own personal blog. But the fact you twist this inside out and pose such an obvious straw man position speaks volumes about your insecurities.
Me, insecure? Why would I be so, just because the President of Pentax USA seems to be first an avid photographer and secondly the manager of all Pentax operations there? Naah, piece of cake like you said let the man advertise how good of a camera LX3 is and if some hundred people worldwide will buy that instead of Pentax who cares if some poor souls lose their jobs? Those individuals don't have blogs were you can suck up on them rubbing shoulders with RH because as we know great minds think alike. In a time when Pentax rises big time prices all over Europe and soon North America is way cool for the top management to buy other companies products because as we know Pentax is thriving and Mr. Bunnell simply couldn't make do with that poor P70. I wonder why would I?

QuoteQuote:
I have said nothing about anyone who makes Pentax gear. In fact I am defending a Pentax employee, Bunnell, against the attacks of people like yourself.
You're either amnesic or a bit ashamed and in denial. "Send it on to them if you like. Or come up with another totally irrelevant comment." rings any bell?

QuoteQuote:
(Though I might indeed have a superiority complex developing regarding you. It might be best to stop feeding it.)
Well, whether I feed it or not I think it doesn't matter more than 1 percent. The rest is abundantly the result of your vanity, the inability to consider opinions you may not like and your status as self proclaimed "theorist" . I feel very happy about what you wrote it showed me that I wasn't wrong about you one bit!

QuoteQuote:
Is it really so annoying that someone might like to use a non-Pentax camera? Anyone would think you were upset about something serious.
If you'll find one line written by me in some 6xx messages here were I wrote is wrong for SOMEONE (unrelated to Pentax and hence payed indirectly by me too whenever I buy something with Pentax logo on it) to own/use other brands gear I will admit you're right. But, unfortunately you won't find it. And there is a minor problem where the line is drawn regarding that "someone". Why Mr. Bunnell should stop at this camera when there are lots of other cameras without an obvious Pentax counterpart?
The problem is that YOU attacked me and others based on the sole fact that we expressed concern about what we see like a poor move from Mr. Bunnell in this times of economical recession. I don't expect from you to reconsider, people like you are so "free minded" that they cannot escape their pathetic agenda.
In case you didn't noticed this forum isn't about human rights but about Pentax!
I feel like I wasted too much time on you already because, unfortunately, I can't see you as a worthy dialog partner.

Keep "theorizing"!
Radu

01-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #107
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Wow, I just had the misfortune of stumbling into this thread. From the title to the end 8 pages later, its a few minutes of my life I'll never have back.
01-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #108
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thePiRaTE!! Quote
Wow, I just had the misfortune of stumbling into this thread. From the title to the end 8 pages later, its a few minutes of my life I'll never have back.
And you wasted a few more posting and subscribing to it.
01-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #109
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
. . .

Hell guys, I might consider purchasing the Canon 5D Mkll, Is that Heresy?
Its your money. Knock yourself out.

01-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #110
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I suggest people go back to Neds Blog and read his justification (if you can call something that isn't needed justification).
Gary, everyone has done that and no said he needed a justification because he doesn't. Many of us are aware that he has a broad vintage camera collection. Its just that we don't see the President of Leica reviewing the P70 or A40 or making things available in areas of the U.S. that are void of Pentax gear.
01-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #111
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Its just that we don't see the President of Leica reviewing the P70 or A40 or making things available in areas of the U.S. that are void of Pentax gear.
If that is a review in your eyes, well... good for you.
01-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
like you said let the man advertise how good of a camera LX3 is and if some hundred people worldwide will buy that instead of Pentax who cares if some poor souls lose their jobs?
Me, I don't even buy into your strange world in which a blog post changes global economies. But even if it did, it's obvious you think the "poor souls" at Pentax are worth more than the similar workers at Panasonic or Leica. I don't think either group elected you to be their union boss. If they did, they must be reconsidering.

You're either amnesic or a bit ashamed and in denial. "Send it on to them if you like. Or come up with another totally irrelevant comment."
You made the radical assumption about Pentax workers reading my opinion (like they would even care). This was your fantasy, not mine.

The rest is abundantly the result of your vanity... your status as self proclaimed "theorist"... Keep "theorizing"!
Now it is clear where you are coming from; the chip on your shoulder is writ large. You attack me and my career, along with those who have published me, invited me to conferences etc. all because you are insecure about the word "theory".

Can you not see that this personal attack has absolutely nothing to do with this thread? Thankfully this forum has a feature that means I need never read your bitter and spiteful comments ever again. You can go on living in the blissful ignorance that makes you such a judge of what's best for Pentax, what's best for Bunnell and what's best for me.

01-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #113
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
If that is a review in your eyes, well... good for you.
As compared to this one (or the one at DP), Ned's is better. Leica D-Lux 4 Digital Camera

Ned's would come closer to convincing me to buy one.

Wet+Brass+Pipe.jpg (image)

Wet+Brass+Pipe.jpg (image)
01-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #114
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is close to being closed. Personal attacks are not something we want on these forums. Lively debate is fine and enjoyed by everyone. Lets keep it that way so the conversation can continue.
01-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
This thread is close to being closed. Personal attacks are not something we want on these forums. Lively debate is fine and enjoyed by everyone. Lets keep it that way so the conversation can continue.
If I call you a poopy-head, is that a personal attack? Or more an attack on your hygiene?

I'm just trying to establish some parameters
01-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #116
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I think you can understand my point. We would rather leave threads alone as much as possible. Again lively debates are fine and fun for everyone. Taking shots at someone turns a thread away from the topic at hand and causes issues between members.
01-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #117
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
... Bla, bla, bla ...
I am glad that you felt the urge to hit and run one last time (at least I hope it was the last time). Anyway my time spent on you is done. You're most welcomed to add me to your ignore list but I will continue to enjoy your pompous platitudes simply because unlike you I don't refute the slight possibility that in the future I may learn something from you (whatever slim the chances). You obviously know all you need to know. One last advice: do something about that word "insecure" you use it way too many times for a really "secure" guy!

Radu

@ Peter: sorry for the turn this thread got but that fellow I was exchanging some messages with is extremely open to any ideas as long as these are his.
01-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #118
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Gary, everyone has done that and no said he needed a justification because he doesn't. Many of us are aware that he has a broad vintage camera collection. Its just that we don't see the President of Leica reviewing the P70 or A40 or making things available in areas of the U.S. that are void of Pentax gear.
I agree with you on the poor availability in a lot of areas. Why not start an online petition about that issue, I'll post to it. You'll probably get a lot of other people as well.When you've got enough numbers, we can email it to Ned.

As far as reviewing the P70 or A40 or any other Pentax product, he's head of Pentax marketing here, who in their right mind would use or believe a review from the actual manufacturer of a product when making a buying decision?
Closed Thread