Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #91
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
"Worship the company! Love the company! All our competitors are evil! No other good exists but us! You have no life outside the company! You have no existence outside the company! You are useless without us!"

No thanks.
You may want to say that to Pentax employees fired due to poor sales. I am sure they could appreciate your wisdom at full value!

Radu

01-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
More like Sake in that context!
Actually whiskey is plenty popular there. Not sure about vicodin, but it couldn't hurt.

So to speak...
01-25-2009, 01:17 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Well, thats a New Spin on Samsung buying Pentax

This should be good for hundreds of posts in dozens of threads!

Panasonic is Buyiing Out Pentax camera division from Hoya.

QuoteOriginally posted by Adnan EROL Quote
do you mean:

LEICA is buying Pentax...
01-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
"Worship the company! Love the company! All our competitors are evil! No other good exists but us! You have no life outside the company! You have no existence outside the company! You are useless without us!"

No thanks.
Robin, Sit back and think about what you just wrote.

01-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Hi guys. We all have our own opinions and that is perfectly fine to express here.

Two members have been quite concerned about some inflammatory remarks in this long thread.

Let's take some anti-inflammatory to dampen down the inflammatory tone towards various forum members in the thread please.
01-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
You may want to say that to Pentax employees fired due to poor sales. I am sure they could appreciate your wisdom at full value!
Send it on to them if you like. Or come up with another totally irrelevant comment.

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Robin, Sit back and think about what you just wrote.
I think about everything I write. In this case I used hyperbole.

You used a masked insult. Perhaps it is you who should reconsider?
01-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #97
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Hi guys. We all have our own opinions and that is perfectly fine to express here.

Two members have been quite concerned about some inflammatory remarks in this long thread.

Let's take some anti-inflammatory to dampen down the inflammatory tone towards various forum members in the thread please.
What inflammatory remarks? Did Ned report us?

01-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #98
Veteran Member

What inflammatory remarks?
I mentioned whiskey. That is flammable.
01-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #99
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You used a masked insult. reconsider?
Please show me where I did this?
01-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #100
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
I mentioned whiskey. That is flammable.
You did not catch it on fire did you?
01-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #101
Veteran Member

You did not catch it on fire did you?
No, but I was wearing my asbestos jammies. I'm working on my Molotov badge for Vulture Scouts...and it's hot!
01-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #102
RaduA

No thanks.
"Worship your ideas! Love your ideas! Any other ideas are evil! No other wisdom exists but yours! You find no truth outside what you thought yourself! You are useless to us!"

No thanks!

Send it on to them if you like. Or come up with another totally irrelevant comment.
You, mighty "theorist" probably need to come up with another totally disparaging comment about some folks that work hard for a living making the nice Pentax stuff some of us buy. Your superiority complex about people you don't know speaks volumes about yourself.

Keep "theorizing"!

Radu
01-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Worship your ideas! Love your ideas! Any other ideas are evil! No other wisdom exists but yours! You find no truth outside what you thought yourself! You are useless to us!"
Of course I said none of this. I am the one defending the rights of someone to write what they want on their own personal blog. But the fact you twist this inside out and pose such an obvious straw man position speaks volumes about your insecurities.

You, mighty "theorist" probably need to come up with another totally disparaging comment about some folks that work hard for a living making the nice Pentax stuff some of us buy. Your superiority complex about people you don't know speaks volumes about yourself.
I have said nothing about anyone who makes Pentax gear. In fact I am defending a Pentax employee, Bunnell, against the attacks of people like yourself.

(Though I might indeed have a superiority complex developing regarding you. It might be best to stop feeding it.)

Is it really so annoying that someone might like to use a non-Pentax camera? Anyone would think you were upset about something serious.
01-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Some of you guys are very bad at reading between the lines...

And as said above, this type of thing just endears me more to the company. Pentax is "different." I would expect an equivalent exec for Canikon to mindlessly shill his/her own products. The fact that Mr. Bunnell has enough character and is secure enough in his feeling about Pentax products that he can admire other brands is highly admirable to me. Obviously he does not have a persecution complex about Pentax, and does not feel threatened by other good products. But rather he can appreciate them, learn from them, and perhaps use them as leverage (reading between the lines).

I'd rather have a human with a brain and an aesthetic and an opinion as head of Pentax USA rather than some "yes man" marketing bot. But as always, ymmv.
Very well said!
01-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #105
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
look... I had some $$$ to spend... and I spend them on Panasonic LX3 instead of Km... high-end P&S are threat to low-end dSLR... now w/ m4/3 in play they are even more...

look here Top digital cameras of the last five days: Digital Photography Review

1.Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 10.7%126,884

2.Nikon D90 10.6%126,010 3
3.Canon EOS 50D 2.8%32,781

4.Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 2.7%31,983

5.Canon PowerShot G10 2.7%31,972
6.Canon EOS 5D Mark II 2.5%29,746
7.Nikon D700 2.0%24,053
8.Canon EOS 450D / Digital Rebel XSi 2.0%23,647
9.Canon EOS 1000D / Digital Rebel XS 1.7%20,087
10.Canon Powershot SX10 IS 1.7%19,728
11.Nikon D60 1.5%17,766
12.Canon EOS 40D 1.4%16,566
13.Nikon D300 1.3%15,099
14.Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 1.2%14,099
15.Nikon D80 1.2%13,784
16.Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 1.0%11,840
17.Leica M8 0.9%11,181
18.Nikon D40 0.9%10,855
19.Canon EOS 5D 0.8%10,058
20.Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 0.8%9,742

He can use whatever he wants, but being in such position he is not supposed to put this in his public blog no matter how many people read it.
your numbers proved absolutely nothing about Leica being a threat to Pentax. they never have, they likely never will. you are talking one specific camera, a rebranded Panasonic. is Panasonic a threat to Pentax? Panasonic is a threat to everyone in the world of P&S cameras and low end DSLR's. but Leica as a brand has never been a threat to Pentax since the companies first camera in 1952. you either 1: missunderstood my question or 2: ignored what I was really asking to throw numbers in my face like you have before.
Closed Thread