Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 03:45 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
And Ben is famous for RUMORS...

Steve
I thought he was famous for something else. If I only could recall what.

01-25-2009, 04:05 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
I thought he was famous for something else. If I only could recall what.
Yes I am... "Famous for being Well Known..."

Last edited by benjikan; 01-25-2009 at 02:18 PM.
01-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Unless it's leaked, we won't know till they tell us.

It could be that Pentax accidentally divided by zero and/or determined how to contain nuclear fusion on a sustainable level...

....or it could just be a release date for the 60-250.
I wouldn't expect too many leaks, Pentax has a good record of making anything important pretty well-sealed against moisture.
01-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Yes I am "Famous for being Well Known..."
that's funny, as I'm obscure for being unknown...

01-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Yes I am "Famous for being Well Known..."
Ha Ha, or throwing in the proverbial hand grenade and sitting back :-)
01-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #21

I just wish some kind of announcement would be made officially either way, so I can quit waffling on buying used or saving for latest and greatest!
01-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #22
Veteran Member

You are all wrong. Pentax is releasing a new Flagship camera with a BTFF sensor. (Bigger Than Full Frame).

01-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
You are all wrong. Pentax is releasing a new Flagship camera with a BTFF sensor. (Bigger Than Full Frame).
Actually they're going to use a BBW sensor. But you'll have to commit to a LTR and be DDF.
01-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #24
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NewRsoul Quote
Ha Ha, or throwing in the proverbial hand grenade and sitting back :-)
And occasionally someone pulls the pin and throws it back.
01-27-2009, 11:44 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I remember last years rumor "The Bombshell to rock the digital SLR world", while more of a firecracker the K20D is still a fine piece of equipment which may be my next purchase. I'd just like to see a big stack of chips thrown on the table to show 'We're ready for the big league - attention over here'. I didn't say I could afford to play, I'd just like to see the home team gain a bigger slice of the pie... Mmmm Pie **tosses confetti** I hate being asked 'What SLR should I buy?' and not being able to say wholeheartedly join camp red knowing full well certain limitations.
01-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Actually they're going to use a BBW sensor. But you'll have to commit to a LTR and be DDF.
The BBW sensor camera is awesome and really does the trick, until your friends see you with it. Good for panorama shots though...

Jason
01-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
The BBW sensor camera is awesome and really does the trick, until your friends see you with it. Good for panorama shots though...

Jason
Kinda goes hand-in-hand with riding a scooter, right?

Oh snap...Pentax will be making scooters...now it all makes sense
01-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #28
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by F-Stop Quote
... I hate being asked 'What SLR should I buy?' and not being able to say wholeheartedly join camp red knowing full well certain limitations.
That's an interesting point. It depends who I'm talking too, but it does come into play. My sister, fiance and good friend all took my advice and bought Pentax because of the bang for buck (kudos to Pentax) but mostly because I was using it. Now I'm on the fence because I'm considering how long I want to wait for FF. As I consider an upgrade, I have to look outside the brand. I'd still recommend Pentax, but I know for a fact if I go elsewhere it would obviously impact those that look to me for my opinion.

Its a trickle down theory. If there is a brain drain at the high end, it will affect the bottom line of progressively lower models.

My hope is that Pentax is trying to build a roots up revival with the Km and not simply pigeon hole themselves as an entry level brand. I don't really want to wait for 2-3-4 years to find out as I shoot almost every day though. I guess Memphis came before the Pyramids. Are we in Memphis yet?
01-28-2009, 04:58 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Go easy on Ben :)

I have been privileged with inside information for quite some time now (no not Pentax). And being an active forum participant (to say the least) as well as a writer, I can tell you that it is often maddening to have inside information while not being able to share it with those you make commune with.

I feel for Ben and others who have information they cannot share. I also can appreciate a hint, whether or not that hint is a light or heavy one. It is good to know that Pentax is working in the right direction is what I get from all of this, we should never assume a camera company will go on forever. So the hints let us know, hey, they are still at it and expect something soon. That is reassuring enough for me.

Besides I like to wait, reminds me of being a kid waiting for Christmas day to arrive.

Cheers Ben, and hang in there.

Carl
01-28-2009, 06:03 AM   #30
Forum Member

I suppose that's what I was thinking about, someone must know by now? If the K30 or K300 or god forbid a k3 is to arrive soon (within the next 3 months) then it must be out there being beta tested. When the K20/200 came to light last year they had passed through lots of hands, including Ben's (before the divorce :-)! We got lots of 'hints', this year it's virtually nothing, so I surmise that nothing is coming for maybe 6 months?