Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Phillbaum,

Back to your OP, this is an interesting Blog that puts things in to perspective. I have drawn several similar conclusions myself.

PENTAX DSLRs: The brick and mortar Camera Stores are out, the On-line Stores are in.
Blue,
I've thought about the same possible Pentax strategy and even expressed it once on "the other Pentax forum". In my own situation, I got a chance to try the K100 in a Ritz/Kits chain store after reading about Pentax on line. I was impressed by the handling and viewfinder on the K100 that i left the store and bought the K10D online, sight unseen.

Its all academic to me, i enjoy the Pentax equipment and lenses that are available to the degree that any change would be a step back for me. But one of my points was the observation that there are a lot of people out there that are shifting to DSLRs for the first time and Pentax would do well to build the best little small DSLR they can - which they already seem to know.

As for the topic hijacking, no big deal to me, I didn't expect this subject to have a long life and its amusing to see the thread still bobbing along.

Phil