Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
How would FF improve your photography, what will FF give you that your current sensor doesn't?
Take a look here and stay back!

01-26-2009, 07:25 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by huqedato Quote
Take a look here and stay back!
Apart from the apparent lack of noise, I think the results presented there are soft... I'd even say the tested camera has a FF issue!
01-26-2009, 07:38 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Apart from the apparent lack of noise, I think the results presented there are soft... I'd even say the tested camera has a FF issue!
You're really pathetic! LooooL!
01-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #19
RaduA

Instead of insulting others maybe you just need to switch to whatever do you think it's best for you (if you can afford it of course). BTW, I take that you never saw a MF picture have you? An image from 2002 technology (with a mere 16Mp) and in a compressed jpeg will tell you what I am talking about: http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/0209/kodak645h/7C8B0398.jpg
You may say it's not fair to compare cameras so differently priced and I'll say that for the price you'd pay for a new 5D M2 (in Europe were you and I live) and that zoom I guess I could buy a K20D and a lot of good glass and in the end do a lot more in some applications, a little less in others and mostly the same in all the rest.

LOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
Radu

01-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adnan EROL Quote
Now, after years, I can understand why almost everybody (and almost all of my friends) buy either canikon!
Because they are gadget freaks rather than photographers?

Because they are swayed by marketing and interwebs reviews?

Because they care more about what others think about their gear than shooting photos?

Because they just really *need* FF to make photos for a Flickr stream and to print 4x6"?

Because they like to talk about their "awesome" D3x on the interwebs when in reality they have a D40?

Because they get much better focus chart shots?

Because they were dropped on their head one too many times as a kid?

Because they were drunk when they went to the camera store?

Because their parents bought them their camera?

Because everyone knows that you can't make art with PentaxOlyPanaLeica?
01-26-2009, 09:15 AM   #21
Veteran Member

What do you think is good and/or impressive about those photos? Especially the outdoor higher iso ones?
01-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
well...at least techies like Pentax :-)
AnandTech

01-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Please don't make fun out of me... I actually viewed those photos and opened the two flash shots (X-mas family and boy) and immediately noticed the focusing errors. I expect a lot from fullframe cameras but at least that they are as sharp as my K20D and K10D. And those photos really aren't... Sorry, I expected a lot more, the results are bad (bad lens?) But credit should be given where credit is due and I liked the apparent lack of noise.

FYI: I *am* thinking about buying a 5D (first version) for my M42 primes because I have the strong belief I should use FF lenses on a FF body. Otherwise there's no point in using wide-angle lenses and the bokeh on FF is a lot different.

Last edited by Asahiflex; 01-26-2009 at 10:59 AM.
01-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #24

Well, I posted my story a while back on DPReview,

I read everything there is about the FF cameras. Even subscribed to a few pay-to-read sites. I had 3 choices A900, 5Dii, D700, and I had the money. Then, I sold almost all my Pentax gear (only a few lenses were left, and only 43 was worth keeping).

Then after comparing prices, lens line up, and many, many other factors; I decided to get the Canon. I pre-ordered it.

While waiting for it's arrival (2 months) I read more, and more about the FF Canons... and their awesome possibilities

Then I looked at my own photos, what I shoot mostly, and the Pentax lens line up... (I shoot almost always in good light)

The Canon arrived!

I passed on it, and gave my position to the next guy in line (there were over 200 in the waiting list locally, I was #3 on the list)

Bought a K20D, and stock up on lenses again

I've shot many, many times with 5D's and D3's ... the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I now have the following lens (almost all bought back within one month)
- FA 20-35/4
- FA 43/1.9
- DA 70/2.4
- A* 200/4 macro
- F* 300/4.5
(planning to get the 50/1.2, 1.4XL)
Bodies: K20D, LX film, DS InfraRed

All the above lenses are as good as ANYTHING Canon and Nikon have. And Image Quality will match if not surpass theirs in good light.

Believe me, and I've done extensive research on this; The Image quality out of K20D plus FA31, FA43, A*200/4, F*or FA*300/4.5, DA14,... can be in almost 90% of the time better than the D700/5D images. And the higher rez cams (5Dii, A900, DX3) are having major issues with average lenses, and if you want to get similarly good images out of them (compared to K20) you will have to spend 10's of thousands $ in lenses.

My whole kit; K20D plus lenses is about the same cost of the 5Dii with ONE kit lens !!!

However, that's just one guy's story

p.s.
I would keep a Pentax body forever, just to be able to use the A*200 macro
01-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Fooool.

The pictures were all pretty soft. However I am not that impressed by the 5D and thats having looked at some very good samples posted elsewhere. The A900 does a better job IMO, probably because the new Zeiss zoom is pretty darn good.

The 50D has the same noise, same body (almost) and the only difference is one paper size in print and about $1500. Plus with the 50D you can get the 17-50 F2.8 EF-S lens which is better than any of their FF zoom lenses.

But I have a K20D which is sharper, if noisier at high ISO, has in-body SR, proper weather sealing and costs even less. It can also use LTD lenses.

Cooool.
01-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
What about Fuji, Oly, Pana and Leica then ?

Oly, Pana and Leica are 4/3. Furthermore Leica doesn't need FF because they soon will have this ---->> LINK
Rumors also says that Fuji is working on a FF SuperCCD sensor dSLR based on a Nikon D700 body.
Oly and Pana have taken totally different way developing the Micro 4/3 system and are not interested in a FF dSLR.
So Pentax is the real last one company not having FF.
I think that maybe in 2 or 3 more years and Pentax will unfortunatelly vanish from market
Hard times are comming and Pentax have NOTHING to attract the attention of new customers. Handul of loyal and faithfull Die Hard Pentaxians and one white body is just not enough to keep the company alive.
01-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ickx Quote
I think that maybe in 2 or 3 more years and Pentax will unfortunatelly vanish from market
Hard times are comming and Pentax have NOTHING to attract the attention of new customers. Handul of loyal and faithfull Die Hard Pentaxians and one white body is just not enough to keep the company alive.
Then why hang out here with a bunch of losers?

But thanks for your opinion. Your knowledge of the market and Pentax products (do you own any?), as evidenced by your previous posts here (oh, wait...), clearly indicates that you have your finger on the pulse of things and understand that no current Pentax products are compelling...
01-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Then why hang out here with a bunch of losers?
I love primes
01-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I love primes
ok, you are forgiven
01-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Oly, Pana and Leica are 4/3. Furthermore Leica doesn't need FF because they soon will have this ---->> LINK
And Pentax is stuck to APS-C; what is the difference?
Leica does not have FF, neither, do they have better? Well let's in 2 years time if there are still around with new sensor format.