Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #16
Pentaxian

The optical design changed (at least) once. But I doubt this is the problem, most likely the difficulty is with putting it in production (steady supply of quality parts, assembly line/manpower...)
It could also be very possible that Hoya re-evaluated the "old" roadmap, and made changes. I won't be surprised if that's why we don't hear anything about the DA 15mm Limited.
However, I'm quite sure we'll see a bunch of lenses this year, also. And few nice cameras

01-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by woodworm Quote
I'm sure I won't be the only person to have bought something else that will do the job and in this case my money went to Sigma.
For the same money as the 60-250mm is supposedly going to cost I got a Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 APO EX, a Sigma 1.4x & 2x EX TC and a Pentax F* 300mm f4.5 (all used ) on Ebay.

I just couldn't hang on any longer.
01-30-2009, 04:24 PM   #18
Veteran Member

aren't these lenses for sale on adorama? the 55 is also for sale on ebay... how can they sell and not deliver?
01-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
what I don't understand is why they bother to make a TC. They are evil...if you want longer glass buy longer glass.

There, that should settle things
any suggestions on where I can pick up a ~400mm F4? If not I guess I'll have to settle for a TC

01-30-2009, 11:20 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by woodworm Quote
I agree with that, but I would say that if they can't get it right 3 years after announcing it then it's possibly a flawed design to begin with? They will have worked on it for some time before announcing it to start with ...
Design likely isn't the issue. You make a nice design, you release it, you discover the manufacturer who promised to make the things to certain specs is screwing up an unacceptable number of copies of what your reputation is on the line for...

Hopefully you send someone to unofficially express your displeasure, but that doesn't make lenses, either. Factories, skilled employees, those don't just come out of nowhere. Making things is not actually first and foremost about what you can think of or put on a computer. In a world that forgets that, no wonder it's hard to find good help to actually make it.

Made in Japan is nice, but I don't know if anyone saw the news article last week, but Canon actually is easing up on their twelve-hour-a-day workday in hopes their employees will find time to make babies.

Not that we exactly have an optical industry of renown over here, but. umm. Wow.

Thinking I can make do a while. Like I always have.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-30-2009 at 11:31 PM.
01-31-2009, 07:54 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
For the same money as the 60-250mm is supposedly going to cost I got a Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 APO EX, a Sigma 1.4x & 2x EX TC and a Pentax F* 300mm f4.5 (all used ) on Ebay.

I just couldn't hang on any longer.
At least you're proactive about it, and you can use those stuff now. As much as I do want the 60-250 to see the light of day, if you really have need of that length now, best to buy from someone else.