Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
Well that's not too good. Newbs love DPR, and Recommended (with reservations) is pretty much as low as they go (why they just don't give letter grades I don't know). I'm having flashbacks to the K10D when all other review sites loved it, but the one that really counts couldn't get past the JPEG issue.
You don't know why they don't use letter grades? I made a post in dpreview saying that the site use a "recommanded (w/ reservation)" to "highly recommanded" 3 step grading system, and my post was promptly deleted.

That's how much of a suck up dpreview is. They can't say anything bad toward the major manufacturers if you put a gun on their heads.

01-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The K2000 with the 18-55 and 50-200 is the "Special of the Day" today on QVC for $699 + S/H $12.95, for 6 payments of $110 (I think). My son called me about it and said he thought he and the DIL would probably get one. They are more P&S than anything, but wanted to give it a try. Couldn't talk him into the K20D (so I could use it -- I have the K100D), but he knew that would be way above their head.
02-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Mine will be here next week so I'll give my own review. I couldn't care less about the AF issue as I only shoot center point AF. The orientation will be a minor annoyance but not a deal breaker imho. I spent many years with digicams that didn't rotate images.

I'm most interested in the handling and the iq. I'm hoping that the K2000 body with 43ltd will be a near-perfect street camera. We'll see...
Looking forward to your thoughts on it.
A fun signature photo you have, and always a good laugh reading your posts, and your well thought out evaluations.
This place keeps turning out to be the preferred place to be. Often too much junk at DPr.

For the first year, I shot JPEG with my K10; didn't really think much of a problem with it; got some keepers that I like anyway.

QuoteOriginally posted by Art Vandelay II Quote
I prefer both Trusted Reviews and dcresource.com now. I especially like the way dcresource.com does their ISO tests. Much more useful than cropping in on a little blue face and gray patch like DPR does.
Thanks, will give those two places a look

Last edited by Jonson PL; 02-01-2009 at 11:15 PM.