Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AKiss20 Quote
Also, if they were discontinuing the K20D, wouldn't that imply that the new camera is of the same product line, thus not the large step up many have been waiting for? .......
Of course. They have NO step-up line to discontinue yet. So...

02-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by IsaacEastgate Quote
Interesting, but why would we here this rumour from israel before anyone else in the world?
From what I've read, it's not a rumor but rather a statement.
02-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Strange, i was thinking that K200D was so close to K-m that K300D shall come first. But i have been wrong before. But it use to come a pressrelese first then a month later cameras in store.
02-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I see
well I got mine from B&H yesterday and they did not have the body alone in stock also I could only order it and get it by mail.
I decided to get the kit instead and add the $60.

I am not an expert but last year I got my Nintendo Wii... well good luck finding one in stock in the US.

makes me think that this is how some Japanese companies sell out side of japan to avoid over stocking and/or losses

I am not sure thou but for some reason BC of my Nintendo experience that did not seem weird to me.

02-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #20
Veteran Member

wasn't there a pentax announcement 2 or 3 months ago that they were coming up with three new cameras? if that's true then it's got to be K300D, K30D, K3D...

regardless, they can't hold back due to recession. really. the recession will pass and when things get back on track and people go on a buying frenzy again they must have the cameras people want... if they wait for the recession to be over they'll get stepped over... that's true for ANY business... samsung and hoya together have a lot of oomph.
02-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
hey (hoya) dropped the 645d...(60MP and matching clarity and tone when digital can almost match)....so what is left....it was going so well for Pentax.....I hope the sun isn't setting.
Technicaly untrue. Hoya officialy frozed the project (which doesn't even mean they frozed development totally) because of higher priorities.
It doesn't mean 645D is dead nor does it mean that it is alive.
02-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AKiss20 Quote
Also, if they were discontinuing the K20D, wouldn't that imply that the new camera is of the same product line, thus not the large step up many have been waiting for? If this is actually the case, I would think that it would be more of a K10D to K20D step rather than a K20D-K3D (high end camera) step.
Pentax/Hoya has said three cameras this year, and one of them being a mild update to an existing model.

So, this means - K200D replacement, K20D Super and KxD model.

02-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #23
Forum Member

I'm still hoping for a K30, held out past the end of the 'cashback' for this, hope I'm not too disappointed!
02-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #24
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
Pentax/Hoya has said three cameras this year, and one of them being a mild update to an existing model.

So, this means - K200D replacement, K20D Super and KxD model.
My guess is:
- K200D super (named K300D) : 14.6 MP, new AF, 3.5 fps
- K30D: 1,3 crop sensor, new AF, 5 fps, 1080p video, HDMI
- 645D
/Mats
02-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mats Quote
My guess is:
- K200D super (named K300D) : 14.6 MP, new AF, 3.5 fps
- K30D: 1,3 crop sensor, new AF, 5 fps, 1080p video, HDMI
- 645D
/Mats
I like your guess, and a K30D like that would get my money.

But, I just don't see Pentax doing anything like that in the near term.

Here is my guess for PMA:

Pentax Bridge camera. full weather sealed, aps-c sensor
K200D super - updated autofocus
K20D super - updated autofocus. maybe 1080p video

I think the 645D will be missing from the shows for a while.
02-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #26
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I like your guess, and a K30D like that would get my money.

But, I just don't see Pentax doing anything like that in the near term.

Here is my guess for PMA:

Pentax Bridge camera. full weather sealed, aps-c sensor
K200D super - updated autofocus
K20D super - updated autofocus. maybe 1080p video

I think the 645D will be missing from the shows for a while.
Well, my guess is that if Pentax updates the AF system (and they will most likely) then they will put it on all 3 cameras (maybe with some variations such as 5 point in K-m Super, 9-11 points in K300D and more than 11 on K30D.
The bridge camera will be for sure with a smaller sensor (compact camera like one) sized. A K200D Super with ONLY another AF doesn't make any sense in 2009 and will be both very poorly placed in the Pentax range (too close to K-m) and lacking lots of features cameras in 2009 will have (movie mode, LV, larger buffer, so on). I also hope for two kit lenses with SDM and weather seals and a DA18-200 with SDM and weather seals available at launch (maybe Q2?).
For K30D I hope for 1080p video it will be a welcomed bonus in a camera that will cost a hand and a leg anyway and from what I know it will come very late Q2 (June).
The camera with "minor" updates I think will be K-m (Super) with another AF module and selectable points, larger buffer, orientation sensor and hopefully LiIon battery (same as in K20D). I would say Q4 as an ETA.

Radu
02-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
The camera with "minor" updates I think will be K-m (Super) with another AF module and selectable points, larger buffer, orientation sensor and hopefully LiIon battery (same as in K20D). I would say Q4 as an ETA.
Why would they announce that so early?
The K-m was just released, so that would hold off sales of the current K-m which they can't afford to do now...
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #28
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Why would they announce that so early?
The K-m was just released, so that would hold off sales of the current K-m which they can't afford to do now...
I said Q4, Ken, that means about one year after the K-m was introduced. And it's entirely my guess anyway ...

Radu
02-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
I said Q4, Ken, that means about one year after the K-m was introduced. And it's entirely my guess anyway
I know...but the guess makes no sense. If they announced the K-m super in Sept at the next show, that would make sense...
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #30
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
I know...but the guess makes no sense. If they announced the K-m super in Sept at the next show, that would make sense...
I don't get it but it may be the late hour and my tirredness at play. I don't see K-m as a flawed product in fact it is (IMO) a very nice little camera. But a variant with those few updates I suggested may appeal to other target audience (more advanced users). I see the outmost urgency for Pentax to be a very good update for the K200D, second priority will be IMO the "flagship camera" and a distant third a "K-m Super".

Radu