Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2009, 01:39 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I love Ned. My respect for Pentax as a company has gone through the roof after this whole so called scandal. More companies need to be run by people that are actual humans.

(Cool transparent camera, too)

02-03-2009, 03:20 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
I love Ned. My respect for Pentax as a company has gone through the roof after this whole so called scandal. More companies need to be run by people that are actual humans.
Totally agree.
02-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What a cruel joke for the President of Pentax USA to photograph a Pentax product (albeit a demo of a discontinued model) and posting it up on his blog using... a Leica D-Lux 4??? Yet another example of poor judgement and simply bad taste. At least strip off the EXIF. Ned B apologists can say defend his actions ad nauseum but in my book this is totally wrong...
02-03-2009, 06:18 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Panasonic Red Dot does take quality product shots

How do you all access the EXIF info from Ned's Leica images?

QuoteOriginally posted by WheresWaldo Quote
This time it's a really cool looking Pentax PZ-1. One of the transparent body cameras used by marketing.

NED BUNNELL: "See-thru" Pentax PZ-1

BTW his Leica D-LUX 4 takes some pretty sharp close-ups

02-03-2009, 06:32 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
How do you all access the EXIF info from Ned's Leica images?
Save one of his pictures to your hard drive and check the EXIF data with a program designed to read it. I used Irfanview.
02-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
When I bought a Pentax ME a while back I took a low-res, for the web snapshot of it with my Olympus p&s that happened to be in the same room rather than going upstairs to get my K200D.

THE HORROR!!!
02-03-2009, 07:57 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grainbelt Quote
When I bought a Pentax ME a while back I took a low-res, for the web snapshot of it with my Olympus p&s that happened to be in the same room rather than going upstairs to get my K200D.

THE HORROR!!!
Welllll..... mail room personnel can do that, not a PRESIDENT........ sorry just the way it is perceived by some.......
Bottom line pres's, vp's CEO's, sales reps shouldn't advertise other brands in large public announcements. What they do in their own home, on their own time, in private who cares. Maybe we shouldn't care what they BROADcast, but we do...
Yep Pentax is different all right, different enough that their cr@p just isn't good enough for some or at the least, too much of a hassle to use.... Why would I spend $1000 on a camera (DSLR) that i'm going to start using less and less...when I got this cute pockety thing.
He's just digging a deeper hole....
Maybe Pres's don't get paid enough to walk up those stairs and use a "good" camera.

.......Don't forget to vote.....
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/48797-time-new-president.html

Last edited by jeffkrol; 02-03-2009 at 08:16 AM.
02-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grainbelt Quote

THE HORROR!!!
LOL...

I think it was a bit of a silly thing to have done given the circumstances, but really we all know he's using his Leica, and good luck to him.

I don't think we want to put him in a Pentax box completely do we? maybe some do.

Given the bashing the K-m got on dpreview, perhaps it would be a good time to start shooting with this camera, and some pancake limiteds, to show how portable and flexible this setup is as well.
02-03-2009, 08:18 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbam Quote
LOL...

I think it was a bit of a silly thing to have done given the circumstances, but really we all know he's using his Leica, and good luck to him.

I don't think we want to put him in a Pentax box completely do we? maybe some do.

Given the bashing the K-m got on dpreview, perhaps it would be a good time to start shooting with this camera, and some pancake limiteds, to show how portable and flexible this setup is as well.
Too freaking logical if you ask me... he's an artist........
02-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I'm just baffled by the considerable time and effort some of you are putting into tracking Ned, downloading his images and extracting the exif data for the sole purpose of feeding your righteous indignation and trying to ignite it in others.

Please ask yourself honestly, if you are so genuinely up in arms about the damage Ned is supposedly doing to the Pentax brand why are you so hell bent invested in making it so? If the brand is in fact being hurt, your evangelistic indignation is most certainly an integral part of it.

Ned is the face of Pentax USA. You are publicly beating on that face because you don't like the way it looks. Hello...
02-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #26
Veteran Member

we just want a Pentax version of this type of camera and ned is the type of person who can make it happen
02-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I'm ok with him using another brand after giving this "controversial" subject some thought...
And yes, I'm sure he is an artist :-)
I'm merely thinking no more Leica shot's on the Pentax website/blog would probably be a good move...
02-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
we just want a Pentax version of this type of camera and ned is the type of person who can make it happen
I'm with you there. That's why I politely told him as much on his blog. Read the posts in this thread and try to imagine each one had been written by the CEO of a company you were invested in. How would each post make you feel about that company? All I'm saying is that we each need to act like the CEO we expect Ned to be, because we are in fact the CEO of the most important company in our individual worlds and as such we have to be responsible with our thoughts and words.

In reality we are all a part of the Pentax face, the Pentax Forum face, photographers in general face, etc. ... but most importantly, we are the face of our own business, even if we don't realize we own one. If we work for someone else they are our best customer but we are all self employed.

We build the brand of ourselves to the world and we have to live within the walls of perception we create with every word, thought and deed. Even if no one else knows who we are, we know who we are and we build that brand in our own mind every time we blink.

So, we have to think about what we think about. I want to see Pentax progress as much as anyone but I try not to obsess about the Pentax limitations because if Pentax sucks in my mind, then so do I, because that's all I've got to shoot with. Right now my K10D is one of my best friends, and by extension so is Ned.

So when I give them space in my mind I think it's wise to consider them both as fondly as possible because the more I like the gear I use, the more I tend to like the pictures I take and the better they tend to turn out. It's also important to me that the Pentax strap around my shoulder says something good about me so I understand the passion we all feel when the brand dissapoints.

I'm just saying, we are all CEOs. People are watching. Let's think about the way we try to change things.
02-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #29
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lbam Quote
LOL...

. . .

Ditto! He should also quit putting all of his eggs in the dpreview basket as well and look at some of the dedicated Pentax sites.
02-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GoldenWreckedAngle Quote
I'm just baffled by the considerable time and effort some of you are putting into tracking Ned, downloading his images and extracting the exif data for the sole purpose of feeding your righteous indignation and trying to ignite it in others.
1 second to click on a supplied link, another second to download a picture to my desktop while i was reading his blog, and a total of perhaps another 5 seconds to open the file and check the EXIF.
Considerable time and effort?

NOT.

QuoteQuote:

Please ask yourself honestly, if you are so genuinely up in arms about the damage Ned is supposedly doing to the Pentax brand why are you so hell bent invested in making it so? If the brand is in fact being hurt, your evangelistic indignation is most certainly an integral part of it.

Ned is the face of Pentax USA. You are publicly beating on that face because you don't like the way it looks. Hello...
No, I'm publicly spitting in his face because he is showing a remarkable lack of integrity.

QuoteQuote:
In reality we are all a part of the Pentax face, the Pentax Forum face, photographers in general face, etc. ... but most importantly, we are the face of our own business, even if we don't realize we own one. If we work for someone else they are our best customer but we are all self employed.

We build the brand of ourselves to the world and we have to live within the walls of perception we create with every word, thought and deed. Even if no one else knows who we are, we know who we are and we build that brand in our own mind every time we blink.

So, we have to think about what we think about. I want to see Pentax progress as much as anyone but I try not to obsess about the Pentax limitations because if Pentax sucks in my mind, then so do I, because that's all I've got to shoot with. Right now my K10D is one of my best friends, and by extension so is Ned.
Do you let all your friends slap you in the face?