Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #16
Veteran Member
creampuff's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,955
Since the images were processed in CS3 and downsampled, one won't really know what adjustments were made. It is easy enough to correct lens distortion or punch up colour and contrast and sharpening. Best to test the image quality with a retail copy in person when it is on sale.

02-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #17
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,166
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Do you think Ned had a custom mount to put it on his Leica?
No, but he used his Leica to take pics of his "new" transparent PZ1. NED BUNNELL

Ned in the middle:

02-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #18
m8o
Veteran Member
m8o's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 40-55'-44" N / 73-24'-07" W [on LI]
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,102
...geez, more f/4 lens...:ugh:
02-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,206
I'm sorry to see this thread. Just this evening at dinner, I told my wife that I couldn't think of another lens I want*. Now I may have to find a slick way to recant that statement or hope her sterling memory undergoes an uncharacteristic lapse.

Jer

*Other than an irrational, sporadic (although intense) desire for an FA 43; I already have an FA 50/1.4, FA 35/2 and DA 40.

02-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #20
Veteran Member
mattdm's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,964
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I'm sorry to see this thread. Just this evening at dinner, I told my wife that I couldn't think of another lens I want*. Now I may have to find a slick way to recant that statement or hope her sterling memory undergoes an uncharacteristic lapse.
No problem you cleverly said you couldn't think of one. I'm sure your wife knows that you are always forgetting to think of things which she knows you really ought to remember.
02-03-2009, 12:03 AM   #21
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,112
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
Blue: That's a different lens. We're talking about the 15mm ltd. here.

PS: The pics look sharp to me. I'd like to see some 100% crops at f/11 and f/16 tho.
f11 and f16 are diffraction for APS-C sensor.
it's not ZOOM.
02-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #22
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 278
QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Do you think Ned had a custom mount to put it on his Leica?
I know you were being sacarsitic, But it's taken by a k20d, and I highly doubt DA15mm is full frame.
02-03-2009, 12:30 AM   #23
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Verona, Italy
Posts: 202
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
...geez, more f/4 lens...:ugh:
That's why SR exists. Then a 15/1.4 with FF coverage would be bigger and heavier of a K20 and would cost more than a car, so it's a nice compromise here.

Then... this is raw hyperfocal unleashed

02-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #24
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Slovenia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 279
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
f11 and f16 are diffraction for APS-C sensor.
it's not ZOOM.
I take most of my landscape shots at those apertures with the K10D and the diffraction effect is not that evident. At least with the 12-24mm f/4, 35mm f/2.8 macro ltd., 100mm f/2.8 macro and 50-135mm f/2.8. I don't know how big you print your shots but mine look good at 50cm.
02-03-2009, 02:39 AM   #25
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,112
Original Poster
Strange. I don't understand.
02-03-2009, 03:19 AM   #26
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,159
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Since the images were processed in CS3 and downsampled, one won't really know what adjustments were made. It is easy enough to correct lens distortion or punch up colour and contrast and sharpening. Best to test the image quality with a retail copy in person when it is on sale.
Mmm I think Ned did't specify it this time but usually when he posts lenses samples, he clearly writes that NO adjustments have been made except Raw conversion (no contrast & co adjustments).
02-03-2009, 06:00 AM   #27
Veteran Member
creampuff's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,955
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Mmm I think Ned did't specify it this time but usually when he posts lenses samples, he clearly writes that NO adjustments have been made except Raw conversion (no contrast & co adjustments).
Don't second guess about what you think he does or doesn't do adjustment wise. CS3 is mentioned in the last para of his blog entry.
Photos shot in RAW and processed in CS3.
02-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #28
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,159
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Don't second guess about what you think he does or doesn't do adjustment wise. CS3 is mentioned in the last para of his blog entry.
Photos shot in RAW and processed in CS3.
And? Should he open those RAWs with his teeth maybe?
02-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #29
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 318
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Don't second guess about what you think he does or doesn't do adjustment wise. CS3 is mentioned in the last para of his blog entry.
Photos shot in RAW and processed in CS3.
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Mmm I think Ned did't specify it this time but usually when he posts lenses samples, he clearly writes that NO adjustments have been made except Raw conversion (no contrast & co adjustments).

Does it seriously matter? Most of those shots were typical-day-out with the family sort of shots, not pictures to measurebate/pixelpeep over.

I'm just happy it's being released and that it looks to be pretty well controlled in terms of distortion!
02-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,206
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
No problem you cleverly said you couldn't think of one. I'm sure your wife knows that you are always forgetting to think of things which she knows you really ought to remember.
That's good. Really, I think I can work with that.

Thanks,

Jer
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel DA15 goes underground.. joele Post Your Photos! 3 12-23-2009 01:16 PM
Best price for a DA15 to Australia? Spock Photographic Technique 28 10-25-2009 05:21 PM
DA15 vs SMC Pentax 15? mabelsound Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 11 04-25-2009 02:03 PM
what do you gain with the DA15 gokenin Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 04-24-2009 03:46 PM
DA15 limited rapphaelray Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 03-26-2009 09:15 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:38 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top