Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #61
Veteran Member

But if Samung/Pentax have a look at the abysmal sale performance of Sony A900; and a look at the current economic climates, plunging world wide camera sales, and possible record loss for both companies, it is just hard for me to imagine that any would give the go ahead of FF for this year or next.

02-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
But if Samung/Pentax have a look at the abysmal sale performance of Sony A900; and a look at the current economic climates, plunging world wide camera sales, and possible record loss for both companies, it is just hard for me to imagine that any would give the go ahead of FF for this year or next.
Or for that matter any other improvements that would cost a significant amount of investment. Minor improvements like a larger LCD that can be bought as an OEM item will be added but to redesign the AF system is costly and doesn't make sense in this economy.
02-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thePiRaTE!! Quote
Also, ZE are part of the manual focus line of lenses along with ZF, ZS, ZK. Canon's permission has nothing to do with their being AF or not. They differ in appearance because the Canon mount is of a different standard (53mm) to Nikon/Pentax (46mm, with 2.5mm variation in registration difference to Canon).

The only 35mm camera company to partner with Zeiss to create new (AF) lenses is Sony, and those designs are exclusive to them.

K.
zeiss got Canon permission, read it somewhere, need to find the link

edit found it
http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2008/10/camera-news.html

Last edited by k100d; 02-05-2009 at 03:02 PM.
02-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #64
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote

edit found it
The Online Photographer: Camera News
Kind of nice to hear actually, assuming its true; especially if you're a Canon user. You could update wiki.

02-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote

edit found it
The Online Photographer: Camera News
Thanks for the direct link
02-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #66

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Samsung aims for two-digit market shares in their key markets, like mobiles or photo (10%). With the declining sector of P&S, Samsung must succeed in the higher than P&S markets. In that respect, the cooperation with Pentax was nothing but a complete failure for Samsung (1% DSLR market share).

As much as I would like this cooperation to continue as is, I cannot imagine that Samsung management has any chance to do so. They would be fired.

So, what are your options (being in the Samsung board)?
  1. Buy Pentax (if they pay the right price, Hoya does sell, of course!).
  2. Use K mount but otherwise, develop and launch an independent and impressive DSLR product line up.
  3. Launch an independent DSLR product series.
  4. Buy somebody else (who?).
  5. Develop a mirror-less interchangeable lens lineup, analog to m4/3, using APS-C or even FF (I don't think joining the m4/3 camp = Panasonic is an option).
  6. Develop a high end compact series, like Panasonic LX3, maybe even including an FF option.
  7. Keep the cooperation as is and wait to be fired.
  8. Sign off right now and enjoy life. Buy a Pentax
Your decision?
And now you know future, w/o having to go to the rumors sections
5, without any doubt.

Dario
02-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Samsung aims for two-digit market shares in their key markets, like mobiles or photo (10%). With the declining sector of P&S, Samsung must succeed in the higher than P&S markets. In that respect, the cooperation with Pentax was nothing but a complete failure for Samsung (1% DSLR market share).

As much as I would like this cooperation to continue as is, I cannot imagine that Samsung management has any chance to do so. They would be fired.

So, what are your options (being in the Samsung board)?
  1. Buy Pentax (if they pay the right price, Hoya does sell, of course!).
  2. Use K mount but otherwise, develop and launch an independent and impressive DSLR product line up.
  3. Launch an independent DSLR product series.
  4. Buy somebody else (who?).
  5. Develop a mirror-less interchangeable lens lineup, analog to m4/3, using APS-C or even FF (I don't think joining the m4/3 camp = Panasonic is an option).
  6. Develop a high end compact series, like Panasonic LX3, maybe even including an FF option.
  7. Keep the cooperation as is and wait to be fired.
  8. Sign off right now and enjoy life. Buy a Pentax
Your decision?
And now you know future, w/o having to go to the rumors sections
In order of likelyhood:
5, 2, >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1
02-17-2009, 01:31 AM   #68

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
In order of likelyhood:
5, 2, >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1
Yay for option 2!!!

02-17-2009, 02:31 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
In Korean forum I see that K30D
will have 3" LCD, VF 100% х 1.00, 1080 video, CMOS sensor.
I think better LV.

I doubt 17 MP APS-C.

What about new AF system ?
I really hope there's HDMI output. Really useful for studio work.