Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Wasn't dpreview a place to talk about stuff related to photography?

'least that's what I heard.
a member posted a photo he processed to be sent out as a christmass card to his clients with a big merry christmass sign and what not.

being a torontonian, i commented and suggested to the fella that it is good business practice (from a canadian/toronto perspective) that he should write "happy holidays" instead, to be neutral.

well.. that didnt work too well.

02-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
a member posted a photo he processed to be sent out as a christmass card to his clients with a big merry christmass sign and what not.

being a torontonian, i commented and suggested to the fella that it is good business practice (from a canadian/toronto perspective) that he should write "happy holidays" instead, to be neutral.

lol! Peanuts. If that had been the line in the sand over here, you'de have been gone a week after you joined. DPRs loss I guess. Keep bringing us this 'film' news from your inside sources
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Not all Texians are troglodytes: The Church of the SubGenius originated in Dallas.
02-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I personally think that treating the name given to Dec 25th so ridiculously tenderly is stupid, and that its quite stupid that everyone complains about Christmas, and no one about Halloween (also christian name) or Wednesday (named for the english god Woden), and also that if you're offended so easily, your probably a bit too uptight, and could also probably easily get a job on the human rights tribunal, which I also find quite stupid (not the idea, but the implementation). But I wouldn't have banned you for having stupid opinions :P (well, stupid in my opinion anyhow, which is probably stupid to you )

02-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I can see why your views are considered too radical for those forums
02-04-2009, 12:35 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Well, personnaly, I totally agree with you although I may not have dared to write it down publicaly. I'm not surprised it didn't work too well

That being said, being banned for that is stupid and typicaly Dpr. A notice asking you not to discuss that matter would have fit and would have been balanced IMO.

Stupid Dpr
02-04-2009, 08:01 AM   #22
Veteran Member

well, guys, keep in mind, how i say the things i have on my mind
02-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #23
Pentaxian

no, no digital, digital is going out

they came out with this awesome thing called film

you cant see what you're shooting, until you go through a rather tedious developing process

ohh and

get this, you have to do in the dark!

brilliant!

i hear the resolution is going to be amazing, like, over 50 MP!!
You mean I don't have to use a pencil and paper to draw my subjects????

Brilliant!