Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
At least, responding gently should be an option, no ?
are we in kindergarden? be nice, play nice, nap time, happy happy hold hands lets all play and dance?

taking a quick glance at the numerous "whats your age" poll threads, its clear that the majority of the people on this forum are 30 +

THIRTY PLUS

there is a certain expectation when it comes to social interaction, and some people just baffle me, like they crawled from under a rock and see everything for the first time.

02-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I was not directing my comment to anyone btw.

Again, I agree Gooshin but lately I feel a lot of anger and acting as if finding a culprit for some kind of frustration.
02-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I was not directing my comment to anyone btw.

Again, I agree Gooshin but lately I feel a lot of anger and acting as if finding a culprit for some kind of frustration.

yeah i got some personal things going on, maybe its spilling out a bit too much. i apologize to all.
02-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am trying to figure out what all this fuss is about. Compared to many other forums, photography ones included, this place is downright placid. In other forums I frequent, anyone who does not search first before posting what they think is news will get yelled at and told to HTFU!

Here we are discussing a few inconsequential remarks that are not 100% friendly and in the rumors forum, no less. If we were talking about some of the other sections I could see the point of trying to sanitize every post and keeping them about as controversial as tapioca pudding. Let's not scare off newbies here to learn and ask questions. But if they want to jump into the fire, shouldn't we expect that on occasion they will get burned.

But if we must be nice, just forget everything I just said.

02-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #20
MSM
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
I've seen quite a few hostile messages in response to rumor threads started by relatively new posters. I know we've got a history here of some craziness surrounding rumor-mongers, but new Pentaxians coming here don't know about all of that should be treated with friendliness and with respect. The tagline up there on the logo says "Friendly Pentax Discussion Community". Let's keep it that way.
Well put Matt. I too have noticed the hostile messages. I still haven't figured out what posters mean when they call out others as 'Trolls.' I occasionally visit my alma mater's sport's forum. There are always others trying to start a riot. Usually, it starts with a new user posing as a fan only to start disparaging remarks against teams, coaches, etc. Ex. "I am a life long fan and new to this forum. The team is not like the old days watching with my dad. In fact, the team really sucks and I doubt we will ever be good...." Very easy to see where the thread is going to head.

But, here at a Pentax forum, what constitutes a Troll. A Canon user with too much time. S/he finds their way here and signs up to 'cause problems'?? I just don't see it. I've seen threads started in the rumors section which essentially just that -rumors- only to be called a troll. I guess I have not been here long enough to have built up enough angst.

I do agree with what was said that if you are new here try to preface your comments. (I have been here since 12/07 and I still feel new so I limit my new threads and have no rumors to start.)

Let's keep the community 'Friendly'