Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by awo425 Quote
Yeah, man, if gay people can buy it for 3720, naturals shouldn't be paying 5790:- !!!
This is just wrong...
I hope we can be tolerable of people's sexual preferences. We are a community here and it's 2009 already.

02-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
I hope we can be tolerable of people's sexual preferences. We are a community here and it's 2009 already.
I am dumb. Can you please explain me, where did I offended anybody?
02-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #78

Perhaps it may read as a conflict, but I would have been willing to give the KM a try, if it would have been available. There was only a 200 in Chicago, no KM or 20. I also do not mind paying for the local stores to actually have the item, but not at a 33% premium. Add the Chicago sales tax onto that (10.25%) and we are talking serious money. The recession is going to play havoc with the locals who do not acknowledge there is competition. Maybe someday I'll actually see a KM and give it a whirl.
02-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I find this whole thread quite interesting as Pentax is well represented in most if not all the camera stores in Vancouver, from the local ones to the chain stores. As a matter of fact London Drugs (kinda a drug store with delusions of grandeur) now carries a large variety of Pentax lenses. I just bought the FA 50 1.4 which was hitherto unavailable in a brick and mortar stores. Prices are also competitive with online stores in most cases.

Pentax also has huge ads in local bus shelters (which seem to escape grafitti and vandalism, go figure) in our mass transit (Skytrain) and on our Ferries. No TV ads but they are strong everywhere else.

02-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #80
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
...just another reason Vancouver rules I guess. I loved my one trip there 1/2 a lifetime ago.
02-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I suppose because of the word 'naturals'.
02-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I suppose because of the word 'naturals'.
Precisely. No need to segregate from "gay people" and "naturals".

02-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote
Donīt you say guy both about a homosexual and a friend?
No Bophoto, a guy is just a guy (a male), a gay guy is a homosexual. If you were to say "she's gay", you would be saying she is a lesbian.
02-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #84
Veteran Member

And in stead of saying naturals I think us non gay folks are refered to as breeders.
02-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
No Bophoto, a guy is just a guy (a male), a gay guy is a homosexual. If you were to say "she's gay", you would be saying she is a lesbian.
Thanks, i have been confused because i believe it was the same word as i have only heard it on movies.
02-09-2009, 02:24 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by arbutusq Quote
I find this whole thread quite interesting as Pentax is well represented in most if not all the camera stores in Vancouver, from the local ones to the chain stores. As a matter of fact London Drugs (kinda a drug store with delusions of grandeur) now carries a large variety of Pentax lenses. I just bought the FA 50 1.4 which was hitherto unavailable in a brick and mortar stores. Prices are also competitive with online stores in most cases.

Pentax also has huge ads in local bus shelters (which seem to escape grafitti and vandalism, go figure) in our mass transit (Skytrain) and on our Ferries. No TV ads but they are strong everywhere else.
London Drug is awesome for a photography store. They do have quite a selection and their online shows more products but don't really sell online as you need to go to a store but they can order for you. The price for a k20d is now 899. Not bad considering it's a brick and mortar store. Need to ask if they would match Internet Prices. I got a tripod once for sale when the sales period was over and the manager's was kind enough to grant it to me for the sales price.

I also did see a Pentax ad in a bus stop near Pacific Boulevard. I thought that was weird.
02-09-2009, 02:36 AM   #87
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Assuming your Best Buy is like my Best Buy how exactly would you sell a Pentax product with none on display or available instore? Would you direct the potential pentax buyer to Best Buy website or sell them Nikon & Canon Cameras from your stock onhand?
Yeah, we dont carry any Pentax in store. We offer the K20d body online only. It's total BS. I tell people I shoot Pentax & they should look into it, bigtime! BIGTIME! I cant be too judgmental, I just sell what we have.

I hate when parents come in to buy there "tweens" nikon slrs to shoot there myspace/angles shots, then they never use them again. lol

But yeah it's just Best Buy, just a job, not my friggin life. The place is a HELL HOLE! lol
02-09-2009, 04:45 AM   #88
Inactive Account

I don't think Pentax has even done the most basic thing on advertising. DSLR isn't a cheap product; even newbies will get into a local camera shop and have a good look around before they buy. Simply when you can only see a couple of Pentax DSLR on the bottom of the shelf, it will immediately be considered as a second grade brand. Not even mentioning some of the staffs will tell you: "that's pretty much it, we haven't been carrying much Pentax gears" It is so obvious comparing what Sony has done, even when it's market share was far behind Pentax not too long ago.
02-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxtic Quote
London Drug is awesome for a photography store. They do have quite a selection and their online shows more products but don't really sell online as you need to go to a store but they can order for you. The price for a k20d is now 899. Not bad considering it's a brick and mortar store. Need to ask if they would match Internet Prices. I got a tripod once for sale when the sales period was over and the manager's was kind enough to grant it to me for the sales price.

I also did see a Pentax ad in a bus stop near Pacific Boulevard. I thought that was weird.

As far as I know they will match any non sale internet price.
02-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #90
Todd K.

I learned of Pentax from a Pro.

I was even working for Ritz Camera at the time. The only Pentax gear we carried were their cheapo SLRs and point and shoots. A guy by the name of Edward introduced me to Pentax. I remember what he told me then and what I believe to be true today, "Pentax has a way of making really well thought out gear". Of course he used Pentax MF, but he had just acquired a ist D. So today, I try to spread the word about Pentax as much as possible.