Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #31
Veteran Member

when i said methodology i meant taking taking a step away from full frame

*supposed* image quality improvements aside, the only other benefit of full frame is utilization of any given lens's image circle, the result of which is being able to stand closer to the subject while maintaining field of view, and subsequently achieving greater depth of field.

if that *little bit* of extra is thrown away, the need for FF or 1.3 or whatever, goes away.

pentax has a solid lens library as of right now, it simply doesnt produce quite the same results as it did in the past.

no one REALLY wants to twist an aperture ring around, why should they when you have a convinient dial at your thumb?

no one really needs a 10mm F3.5 rectalinear (altho now with the Tamron 10-24 even that is possible) the 12-24 F4 is a fine lens.

and those that do, will find other avenues of tools (i for one have switched to film for the time being)

i will wait till march, should i be proved wrong i will tip my hat to whoever honestly believed that pentax is going to make FF camera, but i regress, their lens strategy is painting a different picture.

02-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote

Seems most of this is a repeat of the "vote FF" thread. Sorry people for subjecting you to this reality again
Alway enjoy your posts because they are the voice of reason. Even though I believe Pentax needs to do something radical to become relevant, FF is not the answer. Just read on the Sony forum that the latest rumor is they will not be introducing any new bodies at PMA. My guess is Pentax will be following the same strategy because of economic conditions. Maybe some minor upgrades but nothing that will silence the "Pentax is dead" threads.
02-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Alway enjoy your posts because they are the voice of reason. Even though I believe Pentax needs to do something radical to become relevant, FF is not the answer. Just read on the Sony forum that the latest rumor is they will not be introducing any new bodies at PMA. My guess is Pentax will be following the same strategy because of economic conditions. Maybe some minor upgrades but nothing that will silence the "Pentax is dead" threads.
Well what else can SONY introduce at this point? Digital MF? They covered everything else: new bodies in 2 formats, lenses, accessories, etc and did a great job at it as well.
02-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by awo425 Quote
Well what else can SONY introduce at this point? Digital MF? They covered everything else: new bodies in 2 formats, lenses, accessories, etc and did a great job at it as well.
Yes they have done a good job but to catch Nikon/Canon the A700 needs some minor upgrades and they also need a low count MP FF but this is not the time to be adding new models.