Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2009, 01:28 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Are my DA LTD and DA*'s still be as good as it is when Pentax releases a FF? Will Pentax still continue to release quality APS-C bodies like the K-7 once they release FF? Or will they slowly release bodies similar to the K-m and K-x?

I'm afraid that once Pentax releases a FF, they will lower the quality of their APS-C bodies just like how Canikon has cheap APS-C bodies and quality FF bodies. Right now the one thing I love a lot about Pentax is their APS-C bodies have a build quality similar to FF bodies of other brands. (At least they did before, before the K-m and K-x. Hopefully these two entry-level bodies aren't signs of Pentax dumping quality for FF).
Weird that you mention Canon.... Many a Canonian did not want to buy the original FF 5D because it seems flimsier, more vulnerable than the x0D-type of that time...
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Even now that Sony started becoming more popular, they decided to release lower quality bodies and only quality FF bodies, the new A7xx that will replace the A700 will be anounced soon and we will see if Sony dumps the quality of the a700 replacement too just like they did to their new entry-level replacements like the a500/a550.
But yes it would be a Sony kind of thing...
However I doubt if they'd dare to do this as the majority of their followers are KM people who simply had to switch

10-26-2009, 01:39 AM   #32
Veteran Member

By the way, for my use I have fond that, as a prime, the FA35/2.0 is too narrow and too slow for me.
Although my primary intended use was a cheap stand-in for the FA31/1.8 limited. I have found that I still prefer the use of the FA31/1.8 because of it's capabilities...
In fact, just because I sometimes use it in "rough"conditions, I have gotten me a back up 31 instead of yet another FA35...

Money well spent..
10-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
ok...I got it from the horse's mouth:

---------
Thank you for contacting Pentax.

We haven't heard that the FA 35mm f/2 lens is being discontinued. In fact, we have the lens in stock and available for purchase at:
PentaxWebstore smcP FA 35mm f/2.0 AL

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Maybe it is the same, how they produce in patches, every once in a while
10-26-2009, 06:28 AM   #34
Veteran Member

This rumour wakes up and is circulated about this lens every 6 months or so.

Jason

10-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
This rumour wakes up and is circulated about this lens every 6 months or so.

Jason
Well, they don't list the lens on pentaximaging.com any more, so....

Personally I think they would can the FA 50 if they thought the backlash would be minor. Then the only FA lenses left would be the limited line.