Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #16
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Javaslinger, would you please give us the link for ProDigital's eBay ad for the K20D as I can't seem to find it by eBay search.

TIA.

02-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #17

Price drop

Beach Camera has the same price.
02-14-2009, 08:31 AM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sflights Quote
I remember hearing bad things about prodigital?
I got a 40 Limited from them, no problems at all, in fact very good service, I ordered and took delivery in the UK within a week.

Excellent price too, even with the import duty.
02-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Tamron 28-75/2.8

Nothing to fear from ProDigital, although their shipping does take a little longer sometimes (coming to the U.S. from Canada, maybe Customs delay?).

Congrats on the new K20D. I have a friend at work who bought a Nikon D300- in compairing the two, IMHO the K20 is every bit as good for half the price. Plus, what does she dream of? Super-expensive image-stabilized lenses, of course!

Try the Tamron 28-75. It almost never leaves my K20D, excellent versatility and optical quality. It's funny but my ratio of "keepers" seems higher with this lens, and I don't seem to need much post-processing with it either. Enjoy!

02-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #20
Veteran Member

How are you guys seeing these prices? Beach camera has the K20D body only for $899 and B&H is higher then that.
02-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I remember hearing bad things about prodigital?
I recently got a 540fgz from them. It was listed at $320 CAD. I made an offer at $300 CAD and they accepted. In return, I used the $20 CAD saved to upgrade to 2 day shipping. 1.5 days and 2500 miles later, the 540fgz was at my doorstep. I would buy from them again.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
How are you guys seeing these prices? Beach camera has the K20D body only for $899 and B&H is higher then that.
Try amazon. They have it directly for $740. You can get it from 6ave through Amazon for $720 also. Both include free shipping.
02-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #22
Site Supporter

...but I am glad some of you can enjoy a new camera

You guys are certainly not helping me resist getting a second digital body. Not helping one ioda.
02-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Push... Push... Push...

Hmmmmmmm. K20D !

Its not the best price I've ever seen on k20d today. Last weekend it rose up from $712.95 just a few days ago from credible dealers:

Now its $729&change w/free delivery but No Extended Warranty???

Odd but Pentax has had a 2 year add on repair bump for a few weeks now and B&H is not including the 2 year Bump, just 1 year warranty, not 3 years.

I wonder why usa dealers are not including added two year repair promo in their webpage info? Is pentax usa too busy to print & send out trifold booklets concerning their promo or ???

Most usa dealers are not including the add on 2 years repair bonus promo, maybe its an oversite? Maybe K20D qualifies for repair promo even though no paper work with confirmation number is included in your purchase just to make it more difficult to qualify for in progress Pentax Promo? I hate added steps in registering info for The Official Pentax Promo and then not getting the necessary paperwork for extended warranty at point of purchase is Very ODD.

Anyways:

$730 to your USA Door:

Pentax | K20D SLR Digital Camera (Camera Body) | 19381 | B&H

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
You guys are certainly not helping me resist getting a second digital body. Not helping one ioda.

02-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Man, you guys really aren't helping at all. I've been trying to hold off on getting a K20D (planning it for later this year), but posts like these surely don't help. Tsk.
02-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #25
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote

Most usa dealers are not including the add on 2 years repair bonus promo, maybe its an oversite? Maybe K20D qualifies for repair promo even though no paper work with confirmation number is included in your purchase just to make it more difficult to qualify for in progress Pentax Promo? I hate added steps in registering info for The Official Pentax Promo and then not getting the necessary paperwork for extended warranty at point of purchase is Very ODD.
I got mine from Adorama a few months back, and had to go through the same hassle of calling Pentax, to even get them to send you the card, which THEN was required to apply for the -actual- extended warranty. (The extended warranty card was subsequently sent in the mail.) I asked the guy at Pentax why we had to jump through these hoops, and his only reply was that an extra two years warranty was well worth the trouble.