Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2009, 08:15 AM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Hmm. So much for that theory.
What if there will be no real new from Pentax this year? Km and K20D are still not old, even considering how fast things move in DSLR market. They will just continue with sales of these cameras till 2010 and let us write posts and enjoy wonderful theories about cameras with square sensors here.

Last edited by awo425; 02-25-2009 at 09:00 AM.
02-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
Nothing is unequivocal from Hoya. Their communication with the Pentax customer base has been ... more than lacking.
I disagree. Hoya has showed their plans several times in their quarterly reports.
New DSLR's, new lenses, new policy, strengthening their niche etc etc.
Very confident messages from them during the last year.
So I don't understand what you are talking about. I feel that they have been very communicative. They have told as much as they can tell without giving away the full technical specifications on their new products.

But some always wants more...
02-25-2009, 08:29 AM   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by awo425 Quote
What if there will be no real new from Pentax this year?
Optimistically, I interpret the recent K20D discount as a hint that they will introduce (or at least "show under glass") something more advanced soon. So the K20D will soon enter the role as their mid-tier camera, until it gets replaced by a similar (but more compact, and probably slightly more newbie-oriented, e.g. with scene modes like D90 and 50D) new model.
02-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #79

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
They have told as much as they can tell without giving away the full technical specifications on their new products.

But some always wants more...
For example, the full technical specifications AND RELEASE DATES of their new products!

02-25-2009, 08:38 AM   #80
MCR
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Guy Quote
For example, the full technical specifications AND RELEASE DATES of their new products!
...maybe all future model for next 5 years ?
02-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by awo425 Quote
What if there will be no real new from Pentax this year? Km and K20D are still not old, even considering how fast things move in DSLR market. They just continue with sales of this cameras till 2010 and let us write posts and enjoy theories about cameras with square here.
Then I guess I'll have to buy a second K100D Super just to obey my consumer needs!!
02-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #82

Photos: Gallery
Have you already heard the rumor, that there will be some new weather sealed zoom lenses (but non * versions, more like the DA 18-250 lens)?
02-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #83

I for one hope Pentax shows up well at PMA as the owner of the camera shop in Bayfield is going. He is looking to replace Nikon in his store a different brand and is very interested in Pentax. The good news for me is about 4 hours less driving time to find Pentax gear. Come on guys throw us a bone.

02-25-2009, 10:26 AM   #84
Pentaxian

<rant>
And so what if they drop hints or specs or rumors? Will your life be forever uplifted if you know what the next model will be, 6 months before it hits the market? We already know about the DA 60-250, but when you can actually buy one, how many will?

How about a year in advance? Why not just get a crystal ball and tell the future?

Companies are playing close to the hip these days. Some are losing their homes, some can't pay off their debt...can you blame a [non-professional-camera] company like Pentax? They don't have a user base of folks beating down their doors for the newest 400mm f/2.8 to replace the model that's 5 years old. Pentax seems like a 90% enthusiast/consumer brand, at least to me.

Some car companies don't say what they will debut at a show. That creates buzz and interest. When they have all the specs nailed for the production model, it's better than the rumors that start of a 1L turbo engine that makes 300HP and get 40MPG in the city

Speculation is kind of fun...demanding that a company release info on its products is just ridiculous. Move to Canon or Nikon...hell, we already know Oly is releasing a new DSLR, so go with them.
</rant>

As an aside...we've been waiting for the full version of the game Gran Turismo 5. It was supposed to release some time in 2006. We're stuck with the "Prologue" version. Does this mean people are selling their PS3s since there is no release date? Hmmmmm?
02-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Osborn computers

I don't know if any of you have heard of Osborn computers, but back in the 80's they went out of business because they pre-announced a great new product that wasn't ready to ship - and it killed sales of current product. They ran out of cash and went out of business. So, Pentax/Hoya holding back rumors and dates, I think, is a good thing.
02-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
<rant>

As an aside...we've been waiting for the full version of the game Gran Turismo 5. It was supposed to release some time in 2006. We're stuck with the "Prologue" version. Does this mean people are selling their PS3s since there is no release date? Hmmmmm?

I've been waiting for Duke Nukem Forever since 1997. So I don't wanna hear it.

02-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #87
Veteran Member

Do not forget about StarCraft II
02-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #88
Forum Member

Starcraft II is not an old project like Duke Nukem Forever
02-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #89
Veteran Member

True.. but I've been waiting for a sequel for almost 10 years now