Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Dpreview has pretty old fashioned discussion forums...nothing like Vbulliten or SMF.

02-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #17
Inactive Account

nice thread man!

Nice find! but keep posting here
02-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #18
Forum Member

Very funny, the threadstarter in dpreview clearly has no idea about the financial / accounting terms.
02-17-2009, 01:43 AM   #19
Veteran Member

See the truth

Hello!

I work for a huge company and I can tell you that there are so many times when a company try to robber the costumers from the others. (it's the same as sell more becasue you gain the money, the other company normally win).

There are a lot of people speaking about pentax bad economical situation, but not much notice that Canon and Nikon, and sony are in the same situacion.

My point is:

Im sure that there are a lot of Canon, nikon and sony workers that use the strategy to enter in forums and spread bad reputation to the brand.

So don't beilve in everything you read!! Because reading it twice and you see that it's much times pretty much off topic. Nothing really says pentax have a bad situation. Gains and losses have always go up and down. In 5years it can be pentax that leads the market. Who knows

So stop read this type of rumors or sell your soul to the big two, your choice?!

Our job is to photograph right? And pentax forum is for photographers, right? not to discuss campany-economy. It smells off topic long way!

keep up the good work pentax!

Best regards Emil

ps: Pentax k30d will smash the market big time!!

02-17-2009, 03:42 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
"Pentax will disappear next year. No, sorry, the next year. No, um, I mean the one after that."

Anyone else sick to death of these dumb posts?

Pentax glass will never disappear. And the cameras will work until they stop. That's all that matters.
02-17-2009, 03:51 AM   #21
Forum Member

Long live pentax!!!!!!
4ever!
02-17-2009, 03:56 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Using the same logic... General Motors is talking 'Chapter 11' so I'll be selling my Chevrolet Impala. XM-Sirius is in the same boat so I should dump my satellite radios.

Think I'll buy a horse and buggy, with AM/FM radio and trot around taking pictures with my spiffy new Nikon/Canon FF DSLR.

The sky is falling.

02-17-2009, 03:59 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
"Pentax will disappear next year. No, sorry, the next year. No, um, I mean the one after that."

Anyone else sick to death of these dumb posts?

Pentax glass will never disappear. And the cameras will work until they stop. That's all that matters.

That is very true.
Pentax is a brand with history. The cameras are built to last forever.
that's why they are waterproof and well built.

The archaeologists in the future will find a lot of historical pentax gear in the soil while the canon, nikon and of course sony will be ash, a long time ago

Pentax will last. As long as people will do photos!
02-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by losecontrol Quote
That is very true.
Pentax is a brand with history. The cameras are built to last forever.
that's why they are waterproof and well built.

The archaeologists in the future will find a lot of historical pentax gear in the soil while the canon, nikon and of course sony will be ash, a long time ago

Pentax will last. As long as people will do photos!
Pentax cameras will outlive this civilization! Even when Pentaxians itself will become ashes well built, small, inexpensive, rugged and weatherproof Pentax cameras will continue to take pictures.
02-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Pentax will last forever as long as you pay to fix it:

Heres a post in a thread on another pentax forum. pentaxian had his K10D 13.5 months and now owes Pentax repair $370 to fix it.

Who among us would pay $370 to fix a K10D? Not me. I say Buy a K20D instead for $729 today.

When I got my K20D in November for $689 it came with 3 year warranty. Had it not been bundled with extended warranty I would not have bought it. I passed for several weeks buying a prodigital2000 K20D when they sold at same point in time for $530 to $580 because they had no pentax extended warranty.

$370 is alot to repair a dslr that sold for $509 delivered from Beach/Buydigg before it was discontinued.

" robert colameco , Feb 16, 2009; 10:08 p.m.

Javier, I feel your pain, I just found out that my K10D is going to cost $370 to fix, I was out of the warranty by a month and a half! Just my luck.
Bob "

Sitting on the Pentax soap box - Photo.net Pentax Forum

QuoteOriginally posted by awo425 Quote
Pentax cameras will outlive this civilization! Even when Pentaxians itself will become ashes well built, small, inexpensive, rugged and weatherproof Pentax cameras will continue to take pictures.
02-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #26
Veteran Member

well think this thread has run its course
02-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually, Cameron, comparing your tirade with the responses you originally got, it's plain who is throwing around insults and who prefers to spread the FUD. Make a troll post and get what you expect.
02-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Actually, Cameron, comparing your tirade with the responses you originally got, it's plain who is throwing around insults and who prefers to spread the FUD. Make a troll post and get what you expect.
I personally wouldn't bother responding to childish responce like this:

"My advice is grow up and either sell your Pentax gear and go canikon or just enjoy your photography with what you have."

But I kinda justify Camerons response to this post.
02-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #29
Inactive Account

Locked for now!!!
02-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #30
Veteran Member

As Bill has closed the thread due to the inappropriate words by the thread starter, this thread had been looked into by the moderation team members. As a result, this thread is closed and the rude remarks by cambo is now deleted.

We do not condone such behaviour in the forum. Any future repeated offenses responding to other members with rude remarks would result in a permanent ban.

The decision is to give warnings to the party involved. This forum does not allow exchanges of rude public comments.

Last edited by roentarre; 02-18-2009 at 03:29 AM.
Closed Thread