Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2009, 03:04 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Vaizard Quote
Pentax would be stupid not to realease their already done camera, if they wait they will lose more and more people because Pentax did not release anything new for a long time and nikon and canon did and if they release it later it will will be old and nobody will buy it.
So if pentax is not going to invest, even in this time of economic crisis they will go bankrupt for sure.
It's not a marketing thing: they need to solve many technical issues/weaknesses...NOW, when the other players are slowing, down they must keep running to fill the gap.

02-24-2009, 03:11 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
Not an "official" rumour, but...
I have a friend of a friend (yes, I can hear you sighing all ready) that works at catalog store here in the UK. She won't/can't give up any specific info, but there are several new lens coming into their system in the next two weeks. No info on a new camera yet.
02-24-2009, 03:34 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by opfor Quote
I have a friend of a friend (yes, I can hear you sighing all ready) that works at catalog store here in the UK. She won't/can't give up any specific info, but there are several new lens coming into their system in the next two weeks. No info on a new camera yet.
Olympus or Pentax?
02-24-2009, 03:48 AM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
E620 is very strong camera on paper for 699 USD body.
Seems they've taken on Pentax's mantle of good spec, low price? It does look like a nice body.

02-24-2009, 04:12 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by opfor Quote
Pentax announce a lens and have it ready for retail in a few weeks? Get real.

P.S. The e620 is similar to my e530 prediction. I am looking forward to the m4/3 body. Olympus better make it retro rangefinder looking!
02-24-2009, 04:42 AM   #21
James S

QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
It's probably the availability of the DA* 60-250mm...

Seriously!
02-24-2009, 04:55 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by James S Quote
It's probably the availability of the DA* 60-250mm...

Seriously!
Yes it is. And the 55DA* that still not have reach for every store yet.

I was contact the reseller for pentax here in sweden and they told me that those two lenses are on the way, but still no new news about any new camera.
It could be a under glas k30d on the PMA in my opinion, but it doesn't seams realistic think about more then that.

I got a k20d and Im happy with it so no worries for me...Time will tell an answer for the rumors!
02-24-2009, 04:59 AM   #23
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
E620 vs K20D
pros -
fine AF adjustment
4 fps
very good and fast LV (contrast AF)
smaller
lighter
I think better AF
tilt and swivel LCD

cons -
no weather resist
less buffer
smaller VF
no second dial - another operation and controls

Last edited by ogl; 02-24-2009 at 05:48 AM.
02-24-2009, 05:43 AM   #24

Photos: Gallery
Another pro for the oly is the tilt and swivel LCD. But that doesnt matter can't afford to change system anyway, I hope that Pentax will have that on a future model though.
02-24-2009, 06:20 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
If it is ready to go and has a decent spec then why hold back?
If Pentax do that then they they risk bringing out a new model the same time as Nikon and Canon which would probably make their new model look average instead.

But, who says Pentax has a model ready to go for release at PMA? I have never seen that in print other than on rumour boards. That is all I am saying.

Read the rest of my post...I would love to see a new flagship body, but wouldn't be surprised if it's not released at PMA.

Jason
02-24-2009, 06:22 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Nothing about that new Oly would make me want to switch...it looks kind of bells and whistles-y, but not a serious contender.

Jason
02-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There are strong rumours of a D60 (i.e. entry-level) replacement coming from Nikon, supposedly named D5000, with the D90 sensor in a smaller/simpler body.

Like many, I'm not expecting a slew of DSLR announcements. I hope Pentax at least previews the K20D's successor.
02-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Nothing about that new Oly would make me want to switch...it looks kind of bells and whistles-y, but not a serious contender.

Jason
but look how Oly can adjust AF (in a consumer level camera) and compare it w/ Pentax... nice job, Oly !
02-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #29
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
But, who says Pentax has a model ready to go for release at PMA? I have never seen that in print other than on rumour boards. That is all I am saying.

Read the rest of my post...I would love to see a new flagship body, but wouldn't be surprised if it's not released at PMA.

Jason
In such case Pentax will go down at DSLR market....
NO NEW CAMERAS - NO MONEY
02-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote

P.S. The e620 is similar to my e530 prediction. I am looking forward to the m4/3 body. Olympus better make it retro rangefinder looking!
I'm also waiting for Oly's m4/3 body. They're the early winners in the upcoming PMA, seeing how Sony has already backed off on introducing any new DSLR for the show, and now Oly's got this nice contender out. Revealing that m4/3 mockup as a finished product, coupled with decent specs (big for me will be in-body IS in that small package), will only solidify their position.

Jason
I don't see how one can say that. The sensor might not be up to scratch still (blame Panny more than the format, really), but the other features definitely put it in the thick of things. It's got in-body IS. It has 4 FPS and it doesn't seem to be hampered by a small buffer limit (looking at JPEG shooting here), compared to the K200D. There's even an attempt to improve on the woes of the E-520, as they upped the 3 focus points to 7 and improved the VF.

Live view is arguably much more useful with a tilt-swivel screen. It partly got Sony to number 3 in the past year, not the A900.

Really, most everything on a camera nowadays can be categorized as bells and whistles. All one really needs to take photos is a light-tight box, a small hole, and light-sensitive material inside aforementioned box. Everything else tacked-on only aids the photographer get more keepers, but is not really necessary to take a shot.

Comparisons to the K20D is probably inevitable at this point, seeing how the K20D has dropped in price, but MSRP-wise, this targets the KxxxD line and from the looks of things, Hoya has quite a problem on their hands here.

My qualm here would be that I still don't like how Olympus lenses are a bit of a pain to manually-focus owing to their focus-by-wire implementation (feels like manually focusing a higher-end consumer videocam).