Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does news from Samsung always mean it's news from Pentax?

I think I know the answer to the wider question is "no".

But in this regard... I see this has a re-branded Pentax lens on it. Is it a Pentax made body as well or will this be a Samsung-only camera?

Samsung releases TL320 & HZ15W wide-angle compacts: Digital Photography Review

(and a pink camera of a different model is shown as well ... blech!)

02-23-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I believe Samsung did a joint partnership with the dSLR only and not the PnS.
02-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ooh those new Samsung compacts have some new high-res screens on em! I hope the next Pentax bodies have them
02-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hoya CEO stated Pentax Point & Shoots were outsourced...

I think it was two Hoya press releases ago Hoya stated "pentax" P&S production was to be entirely outsourced to another manufacturer. Who is making Pentax logo P&S? I have no idea, that info was not included in that Hoya CEO press release. Hoya last press release a few months ago said parts of dslr line up was to be outsourced too to further reduce costs. According to a very good info source I was told a couple years ago Samsung was manufacturing pentax logo's K10D dslrs to pentax specs. That was back when my old asahi pentax rep and samsung reps existed. Now its pretty much impossible to get credible insider info concerning pentax and absolutely impossible to get any Samsung info.

I think its a bummer nothing cool has launched with a Pentax logo at PMA so far. pretty slow show so far except for the canon 17mm rotateable tilt and shift lens. Its nice to see a company make something entirely different. Like when Nikon came out with 14-24mm 2.8 prior year. Big steps instead of baby steps.

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
I think I know the answer to the wider question is "no".

But in this regard... I see this has a re-branded Pentax lens on it. Is it a Pentax made body as well or will this be a Samsung-only camera?

Samsung releases TL320 & HZ15W wide-angle compacts: Digital Photography Review

(and a pink camera of a different model is shown as well ... blech!)