Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #61
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Should we get ol' RH in here? This should do the trick:
On another forum, I know someone who is returning a Canon 70-200 f/4L because he thinks it's defective.

Now that's some bait

Back on topic: Innovation vs. implementation.

Pentax MZ-D was set to be the first FF SLR, but passed on it. Contax got the Kodak-made sensor, and look what happened? Just one example.

Run with it people
to be completely honest though, ricehigh isn't as persistent as he used to be. or annoying for that matter. even though most of what he says is biased BS wrapped in 'but I own a K100d and some FA lenses!" the fact that there is far less of it makes him stomachable when he does post. but both him and ogl use the same tactics and its annoying to say the least. im just glad im not the only person who sees it.

02-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #62
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
All this inventions don't help me to take photos
DA 70 Ltd and GX10 helps
02-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jaleel Quote
DA 70 Ltd and GX10 helps
oh my god! are you implying you're using your camera for taking photos!? how bizzare! how brave!
02-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Not that I am surprised, but the same people that would rave about how innovative and great Pentax cameras were in the late 60s and 70s would scream in this post that Pentax is a "company of lenses" and modern Pentax cameras don't have to be innovative at all in the 20xx.

02-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #65
Forum Member

I've always thought that Olympus was the most innovative Japanese camera company (and a company that brought ALL [unlike C and N] levels of cameras to the market). But C and N, I've also thought, have been adders of superfluous tech (and size and weight).
02-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #66
Veteran Member

what innovation? what for? everything that i ever needed was invented long time ago. please give me time to shoot, money to go wherever i want whenever i want and stay however long i want, a camera and supplies, and that's all the "innovation" i need. oh, and for fsck's sake, keep the damn mount compatible, and don't be an arsehole about it (see nikon), i buy lenses (sometimes for good money), and keep those which i really like, and i expect to be treated with respect for my investment (not with corporate planned obsolency wrapped in marketing bullshit), thank you.

if someone feels like innovating something, fine. digital is nice, af is nice (hardly ever use it, but don't mind if i do), green button is damn nice, smc is nice, hell, do the best you can as long as somebody is willing to buy, and make money on it, i'm fine with that. just as long as i can buy whatever i need to create the images i want (and thank you for not charging an arm and a leg).

they also say where i come from "please, do not feed the troll.", but hell with it, it's friday night, right (ahem.. maybe in some timezone somewhere down near beatlleguese?)

/me runs and hides, grabs a bag of popcorn
02-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mystic Quote
hi, this is my 1 post
well do not attack Ogl for creating this thread, because, it's just such time, when everybody is waiting for some news from Pentax, and all the topics, are somehow already drained.. so Ogl decided to create something to debate and discuss..

and you all came up with a conclusion, that doesn't really matter who came first with what.. what matters is how a company refines that feature.. and make it usable in their models..

however another interesting innovative unique feature in Pentax cameras is lower and upper limits in ISO.. which is to my mind very useful feature.

so hi to all of you senior members of this forum..
i was a long time reader and today decided to join the community.. however the lack of any news is painfull
have a good day all of you.
Hey, welcome to the forums. It's generally nice here, and discussions of pros and cons of Pentax are very much welcome, as long as it's not presented in a flame-bait manner and there are good justifications for whines and rants.

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
first off. welcome to the forums. Mystic. since you are new here, you do not know about ogl's habits. he starts these kind of threads just before news from Pentax before trade shows or other predicted announcements. always has an air of anti-pentax. very vaguely putting down pentax and its hardware, while claiming to like Pentax. its obvious to those of us who have encountered his posts and reasoning, that his goal with these threads is to drum up bad feelings and arguments against Pentax. all of his threads are negative, and like this one have no real relevance, other than to again make pentax look bad, point out only its flaws and focus on them. he doesn't participate in this forum very often other than in these situations and times (ie: just before and certainly just after PMA). its tiring and ridiculous to those who have encountered it before. nobody has a problem with debating flaws within the Pentax system, but thats all he cares about (at least from my experience). this thread is a perfect example of what I mean.
I'd also like to point out how he only creates new threads in the News and Rumors forum, even when the posts have nothing to do with *any* Pentax news or rumor, for some reason. This whole thread should've gone to the Everything Else forum, really.

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
to be completely honest though, ricehigh isn't as persistent as he used to be. or annoying for that matter. even though most of what he says is biased BS wrapped in 'but I own a K100d and some FA lenses!" the fact that there is far less of it makes him stomachable when he does post. but both him and ogl use the same tactics and its annoying to say the least. im just glad im not the only person who sees it.
In all fairness to RH, when he does make claims, there are sources behind those claims (veracity of data arguable at times, though). I have yet to see a study or even an informal poll of how many Pentax users use Sv for ogl to create a blanket statement like he did earlier.

QuoteOriginally posted by awo425 Quote
Not that I am surprised, but the same people that would rave about how innovative and great Pentax cameras were in the late 60s and 70s would scream in this post that Pentax is a "company of lenses" and modern Pentax cameras don't have to be innovative at all in the 20xx.
That's certainly not me. I criticize Pentax when need be, and I'm still at a loss as to why they severely limited the buffer on the K200D when every other competing camera already can shoot at their full specified FPS until the card's full in JPEG mode. That's not even innovation, it's more like simply keeping competitive.

I haven't read anything so far that suggests that Pentax should *not* be innovative. God knows we all benefit with an innovative Pentax.

Of course, for a lot of folks here, innovative = full frame DSLR. Those two are not mutually linked. Also, innovative does not always result in huge market share, too. The more innovative camera companies in my eyes as of late, Panasonic and Olympus, don't have a huge market share, yet they are some of the more forward-thinking among manufacturers.
02-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by john carter Quote
I've always thought that Olympus was the most innovative Japanese camera company (and a company that brought ALL [unlike C and N] levels of cameras to the market). But C and N, I've also thought, have been adders of superfluous tech (and size and weight).
I wouldn't go that far. One of those two (not sure who was first) did invent in-lens stabilization, which is more that what any other camera company not named Canon and Nikon had back in the days of film.

You could say, though, that they do know how to market themselves well, which is partly why they're as big as they are now.

02-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #69
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jaleel Quote
DA 70 Ltd and GX10 helps
All this inventions help us to make photos...
Remember situation with DA*16-50, for example.
02-26-2009, 05:21 AM   #70
Veteran Member

Jason
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #71
Pentaxian

I agree with Jason

And with that...this thread is a confirmed kill.
02-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #72
Veteran Member

First DSLR with all of these things in it that I could afford: Pentax

(apologies if someone has already written this, I didn't feel like reading the whole thread)
02-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
it's silly to call everybody who say truth "troll".
Not everyone, just you.

Byee
02-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
I'm glad the Tsar Bomba was realized. Greatest and coolest firework in history of mankind.
actually not... it was detonated only at 50% of yield, what a pity...
02-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Voe Quote
Which other company offers exclusive, autofocus, fast prime lenses like the FA Limiteds?
There is no a single company to make an all metal, work of art, autofocus lens to match the FA Limiteds.
putting "work of art aside"

well, Canon does USM AF 50/1.2 - it is quite exclusive in that aspect.

Sigma EX-series AF primes have metal barrels, right ?