Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2009, 02:24 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Does it matter who was first with any of these things? None of these innovations have remained exclusive for long, normally less than a camera generation, and whilst some may have an impact on sales protecting those sales for long is very hard. Its about the whole package not one or two features (in the main)

Pentax has a huge range of patents and the level of cross-licencing in DSLRs and lenses is massive. I believe that Pentax has patents on optical shake reduction for example, some of which are used in Canons IS systems.

02-25-2009, 02:25 AM   #32
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Pentax is like U.S.S.R engineers - a lot of patents and developments and inventions, but
all made after another brand realize it in real life...
02-25-2009, 02:32 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Nobody want to see that Pentax has technological problems and can't develop something new for DSLR.
Wrong. Nobody want to play along with your trolling. Sad, but that's life.
02-25-2009, 02:35 AM   #34
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Boris Quote
Could anyone (and you too) please remind me what and when was the last new thing introduced by Leica for its M-series of range finder cameras? Does it in any way impact the way Leica is perceived by today's population?
An Antique to be kept in the closet?

02-25-2009, 02:37 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Pentax is like U.S.S.R engineers - a lot of patents and developments and inventions, but
I'm glad the Tsar Bomba was realized. Greatest and coolest firework in history of mankind.
02-25-2009, 03:58 AM   #36
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Wrong. Nobody want to play along with your trolling. Sad, but that's life.
it's silly to call everybody who say truth "troll".
02-25-2009, 03:59 AM   #37
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
I'm glad the Tsar Bomba was realized. Greatest and coolest firework in history of mankind.

+1

Good joke

02-25-2009, 04:24 AM   #38
Pentaxian

it's silly to call everybody who say truth "troll".
It's silly to pretend you have the "truth" then try to force it on everyone's throat.

If not trolling, how would you call your exasperating persistence in "proving" us how bad Pentax is?
You might have good reasons to be discontent (I have my own but none serious enough to even consider switching), but please, stop this. Your approach is not constructive in any way.
Pretending that your absolute facts are actually just your opinions would help, also
02-25-2009, 04:28 AM   #39
Banned

this thread is so pointless its stupid. it hurts my brain reading it.

QuoteQuote:
WHO was the first -
In-camera stabilization - Minolta
Contrast AF and LV in DSRL - Olympus and then Nikon, Canon, Sony
AF adjustment - Canon
Video in DSLR - Canon and Nikon
The smallest DSLR - Olympus
Antidust (the most effective) - Olympus
In-camera RAW convertor - Olympus
The high dust and weather resist of DSLR and of lenses - Olympus
Fine AF adjustment (for zooms too) - Olympus

What can Pentax offer new in digital era?
Sv and Tav?

What else?
these mean little too nothing in a world where the SLR has been the standard for over half a century, and the current crop of potential buyers care about price point and mega pixels. so what is your point exactly?

QuoteQuote:
It's silly to pretend you have the "truth" then try to force it on everyone's throat.

If not trolling, how would you call your exasperating persistence in "proving" us how bad Pentax is?
You might have good reasons to be discontent (I have my own but none serious enough to even consider switching), but please, stop this. Your approach is not constructive in any way.
Pretending that your absolute facts are actually just your opinions would help, also
this is nothing new of ogl. I can assure you from personal experience. get used to it. thankfully though it doesn't come up too often. like ricehigh these days...
02-25-2009, 05:34 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Nobody mentionned the fact that Pentax had the first pentaprism and the first autofocus lenses. And the green button is one of the most innovative thing that has ever been put on a dSLR (if not the most innovative).
02-25-2009, 05:52 AM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
this thread is so pointless its stupid. it hurts my brain reading it.
I'm sorry, I must agree.
It reminds me on a joke, where a russian, an american and a german praise their nation to be the best.

The american says: anthropologists have found out that the natives have used a sophisticated communication between sites based on knots in ropes.
The german says: our archaeologists have excavated a big city in germany dating to the bronze age and they found telephone cables.
The russian said: our archaeologists have excavated very old towns too.
Q: and what have they found? A: Nothing Q:??? A: which indicates that we have used wireless already.

Sorry for OT, i can delete this, if someone finds it offending, but i think it's not worse than some other posts

Regards, dan
02-25-2009, 06:00 AM   #42

Photos: Gallery
bwahhahah great joke..!!

personally, i dont give a rats arse who came up with what first....

whats more important is who perfected it..!!

and thats where Pentax can come to the fore on a lot of things!!
02-25-2009, 06:03 AM   #43
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Nobody mentionned the fact that Pentax had the first pentaprism and the first autofocus lenses
no they didn't. The 1949 Zeiss Ikon Contax S was the first SLR with a pentaprism. they were the first Japanese manufacturer to have a pentarism SLR. and they were definitely not the first with AF lenses. they were the first with an AF 35mm SLR.

first AF camera: Konica C35 AF - 1977
first AF SLR: Polaroid SX-70 - 1978
first AF 35mm SLR: Pentax ME F - 1981
first integrated AF 35mm SLR: Minolta Maxxum 7000 -1985
02-25-2009, 06:16 AM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Boris Quote
You're wrong, sir William. It is more than 2.

1. Pentax/Samsung natively.
2. Olympus/Panasonic via adapters. (2x 'crop factor')
3. Canon (even with full frame capability)

So, one can say, it is at least 5 manufacturers that can mount Pentax lenses...

Because I consider adapting one lens to another mount to be a fools game, I don't include the adapters to be particularly valid.
I know it can be done, but it limits usability to the point of being a complete waste of time.
02-25-2009, 06:25 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
First full-frame DSLR - Contax (N Digital)
First medium format digital back - Leaf Systems Inc. (DCB)
DSLR that can record in infrared and ultraviolet - Fujifilm (FinePix IS Pro)
First cities: Sumer.

What's your point? I still prefer Pepsi to Coca Cola.
I love how you worked Sumer in there. Good one.

To say honest I never use Sv mode. And % of users who use Sv very often is very few.
Digital preview is useless and color adjustment too. Marketing. Help button - funny.... And it's not Pentax move.
You must be feeling really inadequate toting that Pentax. Give your stuff to me and I'll dispose of it properly. Feel free to go with a brand that might better get you accepted by the masses.

The rest of us here are pretty confident using what "pathetic cameras" we have. We understand that it's all about the photos first, mine-is-bigger-than-yours second.

I'd like to see stats about the percentage of users using Sv, since you seem to know how many use it. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean most others don't also. Please don't go dictating how others use their cameras. You're not us, and you're not the end-all and be-all of photographers.

So what have you invented yourself that's of note and importance to the photographic world? Cite patent filings and all that. Thanks!