Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #91
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
This thread is amusing.

And sad.
Man this is the most spot on description anyone ever wrote about ... you! Marching on towards 4000 useless posts in a year, huh?

Radu

03-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #92
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Man this is the most spot on description anyone ever wrote about ... you! Marching on towards 4000 useless posts in a year, huh?

Radu

you two are amusing.
03-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
you two are amusing.

Has been on my ignore list for some time now. I only occasionally get to read his replies when someone quotes what he says.

And, Radu, I believe personal opinions are far less useless than personal attacks and insults. If you get so much satisfaction out of bashing me whenever the occasion arises, feel free to do so. I will be none the wiser, because I ignore you.

Good day, gentlemen.
Attached Images

03-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #94
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
you two are amusing.
I consider my fellow countryman who's more recently ashamed of his origins my personal pet project. I know very well that we cannot eliminate from this forum all wannabies who give advice about gear never seen before with a straight face, frauds, "witty commentators full of hot air", aggressors towards weak and (censored) lickers of the strong. But we need to start somewhere, don't we?
And while I suppose very few of us are perfect (and by all means I am not a part of this group) IMVHO even fewer are the quintessence of all of the above.

Radu

03-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #95
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote

Has been on my ignore list for some time now. I only occasionally get to read his replies when someone quotes what he says.

And, Radu, I believe personal opinions are far less useless than personal attacks and insults. If you get so much satisfaction out of bashing me whenever the occasion arises, feel free to do so. I will be none the wiser, because I ignore you.

Good day, gentlemen.
Danutz,

An irony towards you is an irony utterly wasted. But I guess you'll claim to be the World's greatest expert on cigarettes now that you posted a picture of you with a full mouth and a badly photoshoped "Gentleman" word under it.
What the original said? My bet would be something less flattering and closer to reality considering what you wear on the head. And I appreciate your progress now you can actually give advice about things (cigarettes) you can prove that you've seen in your life!

// end of reply

And now back on topic: Pentax invented in the digital era an unique and new "thing": the guy who knows all about any Pentax lenses (stars or Limited included) ever made just by looking to his 30 bucks Helios.

Radu
03-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #96
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sir_bazz Quote
The first white DSLR ?

bazz.
Nope, Minolta offered white SLR, white lenses and flash way back in 80s.
Blog photos :: PICT0412cropped2copyright.jpg picture by yokechye - Photobucket
03-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #97
Veteran Member

I would add more :-)

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
WHO was the first -
In-camera stabilization - Minolta
Contrast AF and LV in DSRL - Olympus and then Nikon, Canon, Sony
AF adjustment - Canon
Video in DSLR - Canon and Nikon
The smallest DSLR - Olympus
Antidust (the most effective) - Olympus
In-camera RAW convertor - Olympus
The high dust and weather resist of DSLR and of lenses - Olympus
Fine AF adjustment (for zooms too) - Olympus
- Separate LV Sensor in Viewfinder: Olympus and then Sony

- Twist and Tilt LCD: Sony and then Pana and Olympus

- High resolution VGA LCD: Nikon and then Canon

- Air-suction dust removal: Nikon (D60)

- Optical IS in lens: Canon

In-lens AF using USM and micro-USM (which is SDM of Pentax): Canon

QuoteQuote:
What can Pentax offer new in digital era?
Sv and Tav?

What else? :ugh:
- AA battery DSLRs!

- Off-the-film (CCD) real time auto flash metering (*ist D and DS, but those *were* the days)

- The first DSLR with forced Dark Frame Subtraction during long exposure! (K20D)

More?

03-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #98
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The most important for me is :

The first DSLR camera was the K10D,
The second DSLR camera was the K20D.

For me.
03-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #99
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone ever mentioned Pentax being very well known in professional circles for their huge line of medium format cameras? Yet on the other hand, Nikon and Canon make no professional format cameras nor any lightmeters at all.
03-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #100

This is sad.

I found this thread to be very sad. How old are you people? (Not everyone. There was SOME interesting info in it) The saddest part is I've just spent a couple of hours reading this thread. What does that say about me? Maybe I should borrow that old canon and beat my head with it. That would be just as enlightening.
03-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #101
Veteran Member

(...)if you would like to claim your time back, please press one an.. [beeeep]you would like to claim the time spent reading some stupid thread back. we are sorry but that is not possible at this time. thank you. good bye.

i know where you're coming from. been there done that. now let's see, what does it say about you: you are, obviously, sick, probably to some extent masochistic, but don't despair, there is hope still

you can at least write it off as "things never to do again" and move on. in my oppinion, one should only read such things for entertainment. if it's not entertaining, you should stop. if you find it enlightening, on the other hand, "please press zero to talk to one of our human [psychiatrist] assistants"

cheer up
03-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #102

I have to admit, I probably am sick, masochistic and a little twisted too. I've had friends point this out to me on a number of occasions. How do I get in touch with that therapist?
03-14-2009, 12:49 AM   #103
Damn Brit

Invented technology is always improved upon and usually by others. Pentax already has the photographic know how, in the digital era Pentax are still learning and the best way to learn is to take existing technology and improve it.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 03-14-2009 at 01:13 AM.
03-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by R.N.Brown Quote
I have to admit, I probably am sick, masochistic and a little twisted too. I've had friends point this out to me on a number of occasions. How do I get in touch with that therapist?
i don't recommend it, therapists are dangerous people. it might turn out they can find more things wrong with ones mind than there are things in ones mind . just get over it over a beer, or something

i find doing something meaningful usually makes things better (like shooting).

--
nanok_aka_my_therpaist_is_scared_to_talk_to_me
03-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #105
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
I'm sorry, I must agree.
It reminds me on a joke, where a russian, an american and a german praise their nation to be the best.

The american says: anthropologists have found out that the natives have used a sophisticated communication between sites based on knots in ropes.
The german says: our archaeologists have excavated a big city in germany dating to the bronze age and they found telephone cables.
The russian said: our archaeologists have excavated very old towns too.
Q: and what have they found? A: Nothing Q:??? A: which indicates that we have used wireless already.

Sorry for OT, i can delete this, if someone finds it offending, but i think it's not worse than some other posts

Regards, dan

Best post so far. Thanks for making me laugh...!