Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
This is the best episode of 'Canon Lens Talk' ever! I'm just not sure why it's in 'Pentax News & Rumors'.
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

02-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #62

I'm currently wonder about what's new in PMA09 for Pentax. But I'm sure 100% that the DA* 60-250 is beginning to export to world wide. As far as I know, street price is about USD 1000. This is infor from Pentax factory in Vietnam. We're also hardly waiting more for this stuff.
03-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #63
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ted1212 Quote
This is a gap that Pentax should have exploited with marketing at least, its way ahead of Canon in a good apsc system in my opinion (all lenses, even third party are stabilized), and I think it needs a pro model and marketing that can show how good its lenses actually are.
I'm not so sure added bells & whistles of a 'pro' model are going to capture that much better images of the light projected thru the great Pentax glass than the last K*Ds. The ability to capture detail is there; the place I see the need for most advancement is reducing fringing brought on by the reflection off the sensors.

I can look at the light thru a long lens + TC setup with an eyepiece or just camera's viewfinder and the image is clean & clear @ the edges. I take the photo and it's a purple/blue mess (K10D ... dunno if the K20D is better in that realm).

So getting back on topic... anyone find an eager attendee of this shindig who updated his/her blog with their PDA phone?
03-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by Ted1212 Quote
Because its about the products Pentax are offering, and in this case how there is a hole (one of several) in the market that had to be filled by going to another brand. And how that particular hole - a pro camera in this case - affects the perception of the public as to which brand they invest in.
A hole? More of a gaping abyss, really.

I often hear Canon or Nikon owners talk about about avoiding AF-S/DX lenses because they don't want to have to sell those lenses when/if they move up to full-frame. I'm sure that same logic is in effect when people consider investing in a Pentax system: it's a dead end, unless you are sure you'll never want a full-frame camera or are highly optimistic that Pentax will grow.

03-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #65

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
This is the best episode of 'Canon Lens Talk' ever! I'm just not sure why it's in 'Pentax News & Rumors'.
Absolutely. WTF is going on with all this bollocks talk about Canon 5D in a Pentax forum.

I'm getting tired of it already. Go wank over you D700 or 5D some place else please.
03-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #66
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Isn't funny how the Canon fans, as a group, are the most snobbish yet have the least to be snobbish about?