Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
User Evil-Homer from German DFN and DSLR-Forum (Hamburg) claims to know this camera's real name. And that it doesn't start with a "K".

03-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
I foresee a lot of disappointed people in a couple of days when they'll see this as what it really is: a megazoom, small sensor bridge camera. IMO while I am not personally interested I think IF it will prove a worthy competitor in this segment it's a good move for Pentax.

Radu
Most probably.
03-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #78
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Do you know Pentax megazooms names?
1/ Yes when megazooms were what they were at that time, it is called Optio MX which had an enormous (for the time) 10X optical zoom.

2/ Prove no other bridge are without hotshoe. Good luck.

3/ Any other smarter statement?

4/ Oh holy **** a bridge without hotshoe!

Poor Ogl...
03-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #79
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not poor at all... I'm happy. Luckyman.

Pentax megazoom in 2009 is useless move.
Optio MX4 - 4.5 year ago? Only one model?

03-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #80

Talk about a dumb rumor.

First of all, all the bridge cams are the same camera. Kodak, Fuji, Olympus, Nikon... all have the same spec. Why? becuase they are the same camera made by the same OEM.

If Panasonic make one it will be their own design and separated from the crowd.

However they all have the shitty ass 1/2.5" sensor.

Bridge cam as it stands now its just but a poser camera.

One thing about rumormongers is that they usually know very little about the subjects they are spreading rumor of.
03-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #81
Pentaxian

It is dumb if it is false. It probably is true.
Dumb idea? Why, if it sells....
03-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #82
Pentaxian

I'm not poor at all... I'm happy. Luckyman.

Pentax megazoom in 2009 is useless move.
Optio MX4 - 4.5 year ago? Only one model?
MX and MX4 (3Mp and 4mp versions). They abandonned the concept which is stupid because even with a 10X zoom, the cmaera was very pocketable.
Add SR to that as well as HD and you have a winner.
03-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #83
RaduA

Do you know Pentax megazooms names?
Like I said several times I was not THAT interested but I think it will keep the "70" moniker of the latest cameras plus another letter in front. Let's say X70 where "X" could stand for any letter minus the E and P already taken (including X )

QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
Talk about a dumb rumor.

First of all, all the bridge cams are the same camera. Kodak, Fuji, Olympus, Nikon... all have the same spec. Why? becuase they are the same camera made by the same OEM.

If Panasonic make one it will be their own design and separated from the crowd.

However they all have the shitty ass 1/2.5" sensor.

Bridge cam as it stands now its just but a poser camera.

One thing about rumormongers is that they usually know very little about the subjects they are spreading rumor of.
I don't fully understand your anger towards this camera and I am far and away of being a megazoom connaisseur but I remember the lenses of these cameras are very different ones in general (although maybe the sensors are made by a few producers). And I expect a slightly larger than 1/2.5 sensor (1/2.33 seems the new 1/2.5).

Radu

03-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #84

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
It is dumb if it is false. It probably is true.
Dumb idea? Why, if it sells....
Let's say its true.

It takes worst photo than a F200/G10/LX3, which have better compremise and more sensible designs. Therefore its very much a poser cam since the price is too close to SLR without much advantage in size.

It confuses potential buyers; and people who buy these kind of poser cams want the biggest brands in large sized font on the camera, in which case hardly anyone will pick the Pentax version. It doesn't fit Pentax's traditional demographic. Therefore its a dumb camera and a dumb move for Pentax.
03-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'll be over here in the corner handing out Xanax and Prozac until PMA begins. Drop by if you're one of those who cant sleep or feel that walls closing in feeling today.

Jason
03-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #86
Pentaxian

There's quite a bit of variation, brand-to-brand, in the superzoom bridge camera segment. They are not all the same. Often components are shared, such as the sensors (there are only so many sensor manufacturers), but identical sensors don't make and identical camera. Panasonic already does make several superzooms, and yes, they are in fact different from the other brands' superzooms.

The people who buy superzooms are not all out to buy "poser cams" with the biggest brand name. A lot of them walk into the camera store looking for an all-in-one camera that's not too big that'll allow them to capture the special moments in their lives or travels, don't quibble too much about image quality, and don't know jack about the different camera manufacturers. They buy based on the features list, primarily, and for a decent portion of these buyers "weatherproofing" is something that'll really stand out on the list. If they're going to buy a camera to record their vacation memories they don't want it to die in a rainshower and lose their photos.

No, it's not pentax's traditional segment. So?

I don't get why you're being so aggressively outspoken against this camera. Time will tell whether or not it was a good idea. In the meantime, if it doesn't appeal to you, don't buy it. It's that simple.
03-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
Let's say its true.

It takes worst photo than a F200/G10/LX3, which have better compremise and more sensible designs. Therefore its very much a poser cam since the price is too close to SLR without much advantage in size.

It confuses potential buyers; and people who buy these kind of poser cams want the biggest brands in large sized font on the camera, in which case hardly anyone will pick the Pentax version. It doesn't fit Pentax's traditional demographic. Therefore its a dumb camera and a dumb move for Pentax.
Again, without price and dimensions specs, this is wishful thinking.
03-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #88
Forum Member

QuoteQuote:
Let's say its true.

It takes worst photo than a F200/G10/LX3, which have better compremise and more sensible designs.

I love how the camera dosn't even EXIST yet, and yet we already know what kind
of IQ it has.

03-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #89

QuoteOriginally posted by shuttervox Quote
I love how the camera dosn't even EXIST yet, and yet we already know what kind
of IQ it has.

In order to match the IQ of the 1/1.7" P&S, a bridge cam has to be the size of the Fuji s100sf. In order words, the size of a K-M plus 18-250mm.
03-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #90
ogl
Pentaxian