Bet on K7

Hello,
as a reader of this forum for years without contributing,
I had a little discussion with some a-bit-more-informed people,
and here some informations for what could come (don't know the date) :
- name : K7
- higher model thant K20D
- APSC
- ? more resolution (ouch ! that's a pity) ?
- ? video ?

Maybe I was misinformed, but I thought I could share this rumor.

02-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

the name is rather odd tho..

K7?

i wish they stuck with the *ist line, make quality glass * and the rest of the stuff something else.

so confusing.
02-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I heard the same rumor on a french forum (for french readers:
Rumeurs et élucubrations diverses (K30d et k3d)
page 21 and 22).
The rumor says that the next DSLR would be called "K7" as a tribute to Pentax 60th anniversary (I fail to see the logic here).
Pentax 60th anniversary... wasn't that the LX about 30 years ago?
02-27-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote

This rumour hits me, so hard, makes me say "Oh My Lawd",
Thank-you for blessin' me with a mind to read and two eyes to see,
If feels so good when you're down, in the rumour section in the Pentax town
'K7', its known as such, this is a rumour you can't touch.

Oh oh, Oh oh Oh oh, Oh oh, Oh oh, here comes a rumour!

lol, sorry. you started it G (ooshin).

02-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You are crackin' me up Gooshin! Now I am going to have that song stuck in my head the rest of the day. (Hammer time!)
02-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

other than the name, that's not really news to me....I expected those attributes.

Jason
02-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thePiRaTE!! Quote
This rumour hits me, so hard, makes me say "Oh My Lawd",
Thank-you for blessin' me with a mind to read and two eyes to see,
If feels so good when you're down, in the rumour section in the Pentax town
'K7', its known as such, this is a rumour you can't touch.

Oh oh, Oh oh Oh oh, Oh oh, Oh oh, here comes a rumour!

lol, sorry. you started it G (ooshin).
BUAHAHAHAHAHAH

11/10

post of the week, epic!!

02-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
You are crackin' me up Gooshin! Now I am going to have that song stuck in my head the rest of the day. (Hammer time!)
lyrics go to Kelly! I just just the local shit disturber.
02-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #9

Photos: Albums
I needed that - both the rumor and the lyrics - thanks for posting!
02-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
*laughter* K7, eh? Suppose it'd make a nice looking logo, ...Still, you'd think they'd want to save some of those single digits for later. K3 would work.
02-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #11
Veteran Member

K-7 is a peak in the Karakoram range in Pakistan, about 7,000 meters in height and was conquered in 1984 by members of the Japan Ski Alpine club.

One of the team's younger members, Mr. Nagata, has had a very successful career at Hoya and has taken over camera marketing strategy. He wants to recognize the ascent and its 25th anniversary while using it as the cornerstone for the renewed Pentax emphasis on outdoors, all-weather photography.

The new K-7 will be the first of the rugged cameras aimed at adventurers and seekers of the wilderness. The mountain is the new icon for the marketing push. "Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints. And take your pictures with Pentax."

Not all of the above statements are entirely correct. Please feel free to take your pick.
02-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
K-7 is a peak in the Karakoram range in Pakistan, about 7,000 meters in height and was conquered in 1984 by members of the Japan Ski Alpine club.

One of the team's younger members, Mr. Nagata, has had a very successful career at Hoya and has taken over camera marketing strategy. He wants to recognize the ascent and its 25th anniversary while using it as the cornerstone for the renewed Pentax emphasis on outdoors, all-weather photography.

The new K-7 will be the first of the rugged cameras aimed at adventurers and seekers of the wilderness. The mountain is the new icon for the marketing push. "Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints. And take your pictures with Pentax."

Not all of the above statements are entirely correct. Please feel free to take your pick.
K-7 in France means K-sept, old media to store music. They could name it CD or better DVD with or wOut bluray, unless they need to go back to basics again.
As for the Mountain icon for the marketing push are they pushing UP or DOWN the mountain???

RuiC
02-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #13

I like it! I am ready to buy one.
02-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #14
Veteran Member

i can move mountains with my stare alone
02-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #15

K-7 is a peak in the Karakoram range in Pakistan, ... "Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints. And take your pictures with Pentax."
I'd prefer to wait for K-2 (Himalayan mountain) just before the release of the top model