Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by StephenG Quote
dont need to sell the pentax gear, have enough funds to spend and sure the wife will like it until she too out grows it..

and its not a case of feeling the need to leave,, its a case of having no option but to leave..
one cant spend your entire photographic career playing in the kiddy pool...
and if pentax is not going to give us an adult pool of your own to swim in, then we need to cross the street...

sad, but true.

good gawd - please get over yourself. Or go to the Canon forums so you can illuminate them with your bitter wit. Seriously.

"your entire photographic career..."

Oh, the DRAMA!!! I'm hanging on your every word - not.

I'm sure the Canon folk will be happy to have you. So you can complain about black spots on the 5DmkII, the price of glass, etc...but at least you'll be in the adult pool! And we'll be so proud!

03-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #77

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
good gawd - please get over yourself. Or go to the Canon forums so you can illuminate them with your bitter wit. Seriously.

"your entire photographic career..."

Oh, the DRAMA!!! I'm hanging on your every word - not.

I'm sure the Canon folk will be happy to have you. So you can complain about black spots on the 5DmkII, the price of glass, etc...but at least you'll be in the adult pool! And we'll be so proud!
stick to your snapshots on the way to school..

keep apologising for pentax if it makes you feel better about yourself, and that u stuck with dead end product...you gonna need the convincing.
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #78
Veteran Member

I love Twitter and PMA09 updates. Sure old but new.

Pentax X70 leaks out in full ahead of PMA - Engadget

Pentax X70 leaks out in full ahead of PMA
by Donald Melanson, posted Mar 2nd 2009 at 1:09PM

Well, it looks like those intrigued by that Pentax bridge camera that turned up yesterday didn't have to wait too long to get the full scoop on it, as the camera has now produced yet another leak ahead of the big PMA show, this time with complete specs and a name: the X70. Among the stand-out features here is a 24x optical zoom, along with a more than adequate 12 megapixels, a 2.7-inch LCD, and a number of reasonably high-end features, including "reliable shake-reduction," 720p video recording, settings from ISO 50 to ISO 6400, and a high-speed shooting mode that'll let you capture up to 11 images per second. What's more, while Pentax still isn't saying anything official about the camera, it has already turned up on B&H's website with a price of $399.95, though there's no indication of a release date just yet.
03-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Hey, we don't want him either!

03-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
Can we do a trade for cash and a photographer to be named later?
03-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
and that u stuck with dead end product...you gonna need the convincing.
Anyone that think they have a dead end product and who owns a DA35, DA40 or DA21, please send them to me ASAP (do it before tomorrow, just in case Pentax announces something that makes you change your mind)!
03-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #82

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really can't see what all the crying is about. I'm not disappointed at all by this camera. All this shows me is Pentax is offering something they currently didn't have in their lineup. Imagine that a company expanding into a different area. How novel. Furthermore a camera company offering a new camera. OMG can you believe it. Pentax hasn't officially said anything yet which doesn't mean they don't have something more to offer. I very seriously doubt Pentax will abandon the DSLR people. If you need FF now buy one. nobody here will stop you. As far as this new camera being a rebadged camera how do we know? this new camera may have some features that can be applied to future DSLR's. Only time will tell.
03-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shuie Quote
I really can't see what all the crying is about. I'm not disappointed at all by this camera. All this shows me is Pentax is offering something they currently didn't have in their lineup. Imagine that a company expanding into a different area. How novel. Furthermore a camera company offering a new camera. OMG can you believe it. Pentax hasn't officially said anything yet which doesn't mean they don't have something more to offer. I very seriously doubt Pentax will abandon the DSLR people. If you need FF now buy one. nobody here will stop you. As far as this new camera being a rebadged camera how do we know? this new camera may have some features that can be applied to future DSLR's. Only time will tell.
WHAT? The voice of reason on this forum? Begone! lest you want to nullify our ancient ways with your defiling behaviour!

You do have a point, though.

03-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shuie Quote

Sort of but it's very 'me too' and late to the game.
03-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #85
Veteran Member

I wonder is the X70 makes a loud shutter release sound?

Jason
03-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
Sort of but it's very 'me too' and late to the game.
Which would be the same for full-frame or virtually anything they branch out into. I doubt they poured much in the way of resources into this, so I don't see what all the fuss is about. It sort of reminds me of all the initial outrage over the white K2000. There sure are a lot of wound-up Pentaxians these days. Relax, take some pictures, buy that D700, A900 or 5DII if you have to - Pentax is not a religion or a sports team.
03-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
- Pentax is not a religion or a sports team.
But camera is associated with ***** size, so it is far beyond religion or sports...people's johnsons are on the line!!!
03-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #88
Veteran Member

But camera is associated with ***** size, so it is far beyond religion or sports...people's johnsons are on the line!!!

measurebators have nothing to measurebate with pentax, of course they'll whine constantly.
03-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fejker Quote
PS: Olympus UZ zooms by wire and the controls are on the lens or on the front button (similar to Pentax's ON/OFF switch). Depends on which UZ from Oly you're looking at.
That why I needed 2 months to not switch my K10D off when I wanted to zoom...
03-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #90
Veteran Member

stick to your snapshots on the way to school..

keep apologising for pentax if it makes you feel better about yourself, and that u stuck with dead end product...you gonna need the convincing.
A product is already a dead end by definition. I don't see the D3 growing a better sensor or the 5D Mk II improving it's AF by bounds years from now. A product that is marketed, for all intents and purposes, is already a finality, maybe save for some firmware tweaks.

A *system* though, is not, and since I still haven't read the news that Hoya is quitting the DSLR market, the Pentax system is very much alive.

I didn't even realize that camera companies are segmented into kids and adults now. That's a laughable, inane concept.

"Canon: When You're Done Playing With Your Kiddie Cams"

Thankfully, I'm still having fun taking photos. When I start segmenting cameras into kiddie and adult pools, I really should start re-evaluating my life.

School's fun. And snapshots are essentially what photography is mostly for. Feel free to ride your emperor's new high horse.

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote