Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've said it before: if Pentax manages to build and produce a FF camera WITH support for non-A lenses, it will sell like hot cakes even if it costs $2500. Mark my words

03-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HowLowCanYaGo Quote
Notice the lack of a teleconverter now...

EDIT: nevermind. already noted in OP

The "scrap and build" policy as Pentax calls it. Obviously, Pentax have scrapped some plans and are building something else. Hence the changes in the roadmap.
Maybe the teleconverter was an APS only converter?
03-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
Perhaps the DA*60-250 fiasco has caused them to be more conservative with lens announcements. Still, Hoya gets an 'F' grade for customer communication and relations.
Agree that the DA* 60-250 situation has been ugly--it seems like they're getting burned for oversharing...but perhaps moreso for surprising customers with their pricing. If you grade on a curve, it's more like a 'C+' or a 'B-'. Do any other manufacturers share more...I'm not seeing it.
03-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by AndrewG NY Quote
Agree that the DA* 60-250 situation has been ugly--it seems like they're getting burned for oversharing...but perhaps moreso for surprising customers with their pricing. If you grade on a curve, it's more like a 'C+' or a 'B-'. Do any other manufacturers share more...I'm not seeing it.
The 60-250 was not over exposed becuase of the road map though. They put it on a wagon and toured the beauty queen on shows.

03-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Think smart

Hey!

Think this.
Removed one lens doesn't mean that we never will see it. It just means that it's not in the nearest-future plans.

I think that pentax are very scared have the same misstake as with the 60-250 DA*.....that we wait and wait and wait for it, becasue we have seen and heard about it.

I think it's a lot better wait intill the things really exists on board before draw them on the roadmap.

We will see this things, but in the nearest future not!

May this be the correct way to think?
03-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by GaryM
Perhaps the DA*60-250 fiasco has caused them to be more conservative with lens announcements. Still, Hoya gets an 'F' grade for customer communication and relations.
----------------------------------
oh..I didn't see it before.....

just the same thought I had

it's seams posible. Who want to wait 1year for the DA30* if you have seen it a long time on the roadmap.

We will see new lenses....just calm down folks....

Now we had a change in the roadmap...it means we will see more changes. Soon it could pop up a lot new...summer will be nice. Maybe they anuncce some new lenses in the same time as the k30d
03-04-2009, 03:47 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Were is the 11-16 f2.8?? If pentax will not make! Tonika should have a right to put a K Mount on it! As this stalls the system.. That needs a fast UWA zoom.. I just hope a 3rd party glass puts something in the same f stop and focal length out! Samsung should also make noise about this.. As it stalls there system aswell..
03-04-2009, 03:59 AM   #68
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
Were is the 11-16 f2.8?? If pentax will not make! Tonika should have a right to put a K Mount on it! As this stalls the system.. That needs a fast UWA zoom.. I just hope a 3rd party glass puts something in the same f stop and focal length out! Samsung should also make noise about this.. As it stalls there system aswell..
They have the right to do so... if they deceide to reverse engineer the mount which Tokina never did and would greatly annoy Pentax (no royalties) and generate compatibility problems as Sigma is used to.

I wouldn't do that, really ... specially being a partner of Pentax on lenses designs.