QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
I don't see why there are multiple switches on the zooms
One switch against zoom creep?

03-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by soalle Quote
It's a repost...

according to this japanese translation it should come with 3 pancakes...

Translated version of http://www.digitalcamera.jp/

If it stands up to the expectations than it is going to be a real seller...
Three pancakes? One of them 21 mm? Hmmm... you don't say. I wish I knew of a lens maker that offered a trio of pancake lenses designed for a APS-C sensor, one of which was 21 mm.

If Samsung isn't using Pentax to make these lenses, at least we know whose style they're copying
03-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #108

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
Three pancakes? One of them 21 mm? Hmmm... you don't say. I wish I knew of a lens maker that offered a trio of pancake lenses designed for a APS-C sensor, one of which was 21 mm.

If Samsung isn't using Pentax to make these lenses, at least we know whose style they're copying
If you read the whole gibberish paragraph, it obviously said "3 types of lense, one of which is a pancake from the photo". Right above that sentense, it said the reps were not answering any questions.

So the reporter made that 3 lenses comment purely on the flayer photo.
03-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #109
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
Only one is needed for auto/manual focus, which makes me think that these zooms are in-lens stabilized ones, something Pentax has no experience in.
No experience? Maybe but AFAIK they have a bunch of patents covering those..

03-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #110
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
If you read the whole gibberish paragraph, it obviously said "3 types of lense, one of which is a pancake from the photo". Right above that sentense, it said the reps were not answering any questions.

So the reporter made that 3 lenses comment purely on the flayer photo.
Alright, thanks for the correction. That would make more sense. I understand one pancake lens, but I wouldn't expect Samsung to bring out three at launch with other holes in the lineup to worry about.
03-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #111

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
Alright, thanks for the correction. That would make more sense. I understand one pancake lens, but I wouldn't expect Samsung to bring out three at launch with other holes in the lineup to worry about.
At least that's one more pancake than Panasonic. I just want a wide angle prime.
03-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #112
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
No experience? Maybe but AFAIK they have a bunch of patents covering those..
Oh, they do? Didn't know about that. But I guess it does stand to reason that they'd get their bases covered by having tech for in-body stabilization and in-lens stabilization.

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
One switch against zoom creep?
Well, that's an idea.

03-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #113

Photos: Gallery
Some more images:

Samsung NX Series - A Closer Look Photography Bay | Digital Camera Reviews, News and Resources
PHOTOS: Samsung NX digital camera