Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by miriya Quote
that is old Pro815's hot shoe.

take a look.
As long as it can still accept my cheapo cactus triggers it's good enough for me.

03-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #32
Veteran Member

yes

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Enlight me. What is a Pro815? A samsung camera?
Samsung Pro815 Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review
03-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jerrymouse Quote
So their own patent (?), and they even have a TTL flash ready for it. So it looks even more as if Pentax is not in on this NX.

What lenses will it take???
03-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
No need for optics, just getting the lens further from the sensor and accomodate for the bayonet change.
The guy I quoted proposed changing the distance from lens to sensor -- that would require optics.

Obviously you could do a thick adapter to maintain registration distance, but then what's the point? The camera would be much bulkier again.

03-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
[QUOTE=Douglas_of_Sweden;509274]From [URL="

I can't see how they could make k-mount pancakes work without an adapter, and then they just loose again the gained 40% depth they got from dropping the mirrorbox.

Have you notived how totally anonymous the lens in their press-release pictures are? Not single mark on the lens, which makes it hard to guess anything.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's pretty glaringly obvious. Needs for an adapter are one reason these EVF cameras just aren't terribly interesting to me, at least till the tech really matures. And there's glass that'll take advantage of the size, anyway. Last I looked, even Olympus and Panasonic haven't come out with fast micro primes, yet.

I wouldn't think too much of where the lens mount button is, though, for that reason: there's nothing that says a 'micro' mount has to have the release on the same side as the front of such an adapter, afaik.
03-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #36
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
So

What lenses will it take???
Schneider Kreuznach

I bet on some kind of "micro K" or SS has to fight hard to get a small piece of the market. No one will buy a "hybrid-SLR" and invest 2 or 3 times more $ for lenses
03-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #37
Inactive Account

http://images.gfx.no/587/587509/NX_2.JPG.jpg

03-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #38
ogl
Banned

Real Schneider Kreuznach APS-C lenses or Pentax made = COOL!
03-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Real Schneider Kreuznach APS-C lenses or Pentax made = COOL!
Still no text on the lenses other than "samsung", so you don't know focal length, max apperture, filter diameter, and hence have nothing to base a guess on who is to make them. This may even be fake lenses just to have something to show.

How difficult would it be for them to rebadge someone elses lens construction to a shorter registration distance? If this is difficult it gives them few alternatives other than design from scratch. But I know too little optics to guess.

Last edited by Buddha Jones; 03-03-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: USE THE WIDE SETTING!
03-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Two switches on the lens barrel would suggest in-lens stabilization. Guess that leaves Pentax out?
03-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #41
ogl
Banned

yes. no SR = more compact.
IS = no pentax SR.
03-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #42
Inactive Account

After 3 months and as nice as the IQ is on the Panasonic G1 I just couldn't get to really like it. Sure, the G1 is small, or is it? Even with the kit 14-45 lens the G1 is fairly long. After you add the adapter for a third party zoom or fast old prime then that small body becomes somewhat cumbersome. Personally, the comfort of a body such as the K100D Super and a small, native prime is far superior. If you want a pocket camera, get an LX3.

So unless the Samsung and maybe Pentax version can use existing K mounts without the cost of a $200 adapter (Panasonic Adapter 4/3 to m4/3 as reference) I don't see the point.
03-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Two switches on the lens barrel would suggest in-lens stabilization. Guess that leaves Pentax out?
Yep!

It does look like Pentax is not involved on this one: no SR switch on body + what looks like an IS switch on the lens, Samsung's proprietary hot shoe, also the mount looks more like a Canon mount than a Pentax one (release on the other side)...

Anyway, Pentax said already that they did not have plans for a micro-APS C and that they were only "watching the market" (pretty much like FF): it looks like they are going to sit that one out too ...
03-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #44
Forum Member

Here is NX with Lens..

take a look.

two buttons... maybe lens based SR??

I don't like it..

Last edited by miriya; 03-02-2009 at 09:43 AM.
03-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #45

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
No really. You can always put a IS lens in front of a Pentax body. Just turn the SR off. Plus I don't think Olympus is putting SR in their m4/3 body either.

However, the more I read about it, it more I think is not a PK compatible system. That's pretty dumb of Samsung IMO, assuming is not compatible with the K mount USM lenses.

What, its a completely self contained system, Why would anyone outside of Korea buy it? In that case the only camera I can cross-shop with is Sigma's DP-1 DP-2. Sure the high ISO performance is better but it's bigger and hard to pick in a pocket.

Plus I don't see the point of buying long zoom lenses, since you get a package as big as traditional DSLR systems. If Samsung make only one pancake lens then its not a very attractive offer. Now if they make a set of 15mm/30mm/55mm is a different story.