Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Pentax has more glass than anyone. I'm counting all K-mount glass. Even if we removed K, M and A Series there would still be loads to choose from. All that FA, DFA, DA, DA* and DA Ltd! Oly could only dream about having that selection and Canon and Nikon could only dream about having Pentax pricing. We have it good.

03-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
Pentax has more glass than anyone. I'm counting all K-mount glass. Even if we removed K, M and A Series there would still be loads to choose from. All that FA, DFA, DA, DA* and DA Ltd! Oly could only dream about having that selection and Canon and Nikon could only dream about having Pentax pricing. We have it good.
I dream for a AF85mm f/1.4, 135mm f/2.0, 80-200 f/2.8, and all for $99.99
03-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
wonder if there are any shows on in summer that would be a likely event for pentax to make an annoucement, or will we just wake up one day an see it on their website??
03-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Happy in the end

Hey.

I was sad too not even look any new "k30d" but I think pentax did well in not drop it too soon.

1. The market runs fast and what's modern today will be old tomorrow. Wait will make it possible drop a more competent camera for the time.

2. The economic is bad in the world these days. And drop an expensive Pro-DSLR camera will make people happy, but nobody will have money for buy it.

3. Much people start to look after the k40d in the same time that we see the new k30d.....We never get happy for what we have..just looking for more all the time.

Think about the fact that pentax can't drop a new camera every week just becasue we want them too

4. If you wait for something good........la la la la

Summer is soon anyway. So news about that it could be a new camera in summer is hell of a good news and a kick in the ass for those who started the rumor about "The future of pentax" (For those people I just say: I'm glad you was wrong)

-Emil

03-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
The weakest PMA for Pentax...Alas...
Will DA lenses stop?
It's a fairly light show for every manufacturer, not just Pentax. Read the list of what the major brands are bringing to the table this PMA, very light. Also, considering how many DSLRs were brought out for the last Photokina, it shouldn't be much of a surprise that only a few months later, they dont have a slew of newer ones.

I was fully expecting Pentax to have a Q3 or Q4 DSLR, just a tad but surprised it isn't under glass at PMA for torture purposes.

At the end of the day, My K10D is still a brilliant camera and I have no plans to buy anything new until end of 2009, at earliest anyway....no big deal. Besides, I love looking forward to things!

Jason
03-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #21
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax has now 2 cameras at the market: K-m with 1 AF point and 4 RAW buffer and K20D - 13 month old with 2.9 fps.
K200D could be bought too. But not everywhere.

I understand nothing in HOYA marketing.
03-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StephenG Quote
wonder if there are any shows on in summer that would be a likely event for pentax to make an annoucement, or will we just wake up one day an see it on their website??
There is an Australian show in late June 2009...could be?

PMA Australia: photo show exhibition photography imaging - PMA Australia

Jason

03-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Pentax has K-m with 1 AF point and 4 RAW buffer and K20D - 13 month old with 2.9 fps.
I understand nothing in HOYA marketing.
You really are a waste of space sometimes.
It makes me sick to listen to your constant whining, even when every other manufacturer holds a 18 months product release.
So now they say that wait a little longer for news of cameras and that too is disappointing.
Go away and stay away til summer, then you can open your loud mouth again.
03-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
If we compare what new lenses is on sale now, and take it from a big Swedish sajt Cyberphoto:

Pentax - 72 lenses (and 5 Samsung).
Sony - 65 lenses.
Olympus - 28 lenses.
Canon - 27 lenses with IS/Shake reduction.
Nikon - 20 lenses with VR/Shake reduction.
03-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #25
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steelski Quote
You really are a waste of space sometimes.
It makes me sick to listen to your constant whining, even when every other manufacturer holds a 18 months product release.
So now they say that wait a little longer for news of cameras and that too is disappointing.
Go away and stay away til summer, then you can open your loud mouth again.
Funny...You are not good psychologist
I don't care about Pentax cameras at all and have no any interest to new Pentax lenses... Except for DA*55...But I won't buy this lens - I have A50/1.2 and FA43.
And I'd like to have a look at DA15 full size samples from RAW.
It's ALL.
I plan to buy Samsung NX and I will be happy one more time.
03-03-2009, 01:01 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vitalsax Quote
I dream for a AF85mm f/1.4, 135mm f/2.0, 80-200 f/2.8, and all for $99.99
Wow, my dream list exactly! Particularly the first and last. I'd take those over a FF body with glee...
03-03-2009, 03:57 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote
If we compare what new lenses is on sale now, and take it from a big Swedish sajt Cyberphoto:

Sony - 65 lenses.
Olympus - 28 lenses.
You forgot to add that one needs to discount non-stabilized lenses to get to this rather strange comparison: why?

Seriously, are you using SR so often that a lens without it becomes useless??
03-03-2009, 04:15 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
You forgot to add that one needs to discount non-stabilized lenses to get to this rather strange comparison: why?

Seriously, are you using SR so often that a lens without it becomes useless??
No no, not useless but SR itīs the best thing with K-series, who want to use a istDS then you have a camera with SR. But i donīt need a DSLR either, my LX is good enough for me. but digital is fun.

If we say that i most buy a Canon or Nikon system, then i have only 27/20 lenses to buy if i want SR, and why shall i buy other lenses?

Last edited by Bophoto; 03-03-2009 at 04:26 AM.
03-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote

Sony - 65 lenses.
Olympus - 28 lenses.
Pentax has 72 lenses for sale?

According to their US site there are 22 APS-C format lenses and 4 FF lenses currently being made/sold.

Meanwhile Canon lists 7 APS-C lenses, and 53 FF lenses. (Surprised me, I thought there'd be more crop format lenses to be honest.)
03-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #30
Veteran Member

<------ not surprised

seriously, this was expected.