Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
Pentax has 72 lenses for sale?

According to their US site there are 22 APS-C format lenses and 4 FF lenses currently being made/sold.

Meanwhile Canon lists 7 APS-C lenses, and 53 FF lenses. (Surprised me, I thought there'd be more crop format lenses to be honest.)
The lens count probably includes lenses made by 3rd party manufacturers. Dunno.

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
Nachrichten - Division Imaging Systems - PENTAX Europe GmbH

It's in German, but I can translate roughly.

All the fans of the Pentax system that were awaiting PMA developments and news about the successor to the K20D will have to wait until summer. Before then, no information regarding the new SLR models will be released (or: can be expected.)

Make of it what you will, but I'm ok with Pentax taking a few more months.

And honestly, at least Hoya's being candid enough to give us a rough-time frame.

We know the next dSLR is coming. They know it's coming. Hoya knows we know.

We just need to wait.
I don't mind that no new DSLRs will be announced, but mockups would be nice. Something to gorge on until summer comes. But anyway, it's fine.

03-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Pentax has 72 lenses for sale....

Well I'd say this is the Biggest Pentax News release during PMA 09 in Vegas:

Pentax offers 72 lenses for K Mount dslrs.

As far as Canon all full frame glass works on aps-c but crop glass don't mount on 1.3x and full frame or film bodies. It'll be fun to watch the complainers in 5 years when canon abandons another lens mount: APS-C like they did with FD mount 14 years ago. I was one of those they abandoned with FD gear inhand. It took Me until last year before I ever bought a canon made eos item brand new. Because of my FD experience with canon I will never consider buying a canon mount aps-c lens or canon crop camera no matter how affordable it is.

According to their US site there are 22 APS-C format lenses and 4 FF lenses currently being made/sold.

Meanwhile Canon lists 7 APS-C lenses, and 53 FF lenses. (Surprised me, I thought there'd be more crop format lenses to be honest.)

Last edited by Samsungian; 03-03-2009 at 07:43 AM.
03-03-2009, 07:35 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote
Pentax - 72 lenses
Can you please list those lenses?

Not even our review database contains this many lenses (Pentax autofocus).
03-03-2009, 07:41 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
<------ not surprised

seriously, this was expected.

yeah it was.

Now we have two resons why looking forward to summer.

Nice whether for go out and photograph and 2 k30d

03-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Pentax has now 2 cameras at the market: K-m with 1 AF point and 4 RAW buffer and K20D - 13 month old with 2.9 fps.
K200D could be bought too. But not everywhere.

I understand nothing in HOYA marketing.
+1...
... and please keep on posting...
03-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by soalle Quote
... and please keep on posting...
Please not
03-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #37
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I commend Pentax for not yanking our chain in showing the 60-250/4 Lens...
:ugh:

03-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #38
Inactive Account

Maybe new Pentax dSLR will be lauched togther (or close) with the replacements of Canon 450D, Nikon D300/D60 and Sony A700 (+A200 ?).
03-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StephenG Quote
wonder if there are any shows on in summer
IFA 2009 in Berlin. Bigger than PMA or Photokina even. Sep 4.

IFA Internationale Funkausstellung

More oriented towards audio/video/computing. But still important for photography. Nikon announced the D300 at IFA 2007.

UPDATE:
Watch Albert Einstein opening IFA exhibition:
http://www1.messe-berlin.de/vip8_1/website/MesseBerlin/htdocs/www.ifa-berlin...ghts/index.jsp (click onto 1930)

Last edited by falconeye; 03-03-2009 at 11:22 AM.
03-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
One should read the Pentax statement carefully!

1. they say "news" about the K20 successor might not be expected before summer. That does not indicate any date for availability. So my guess would be, that the Kxx won't be available before Christmas. (though I hope I am wrong here...)

2. the lens roadmap puts the new DA 15/4 as end of March availability, whereas the long-awaited 60-250 is only marked as "spring 2009" - That means, that it will be later than the DA 15, otherwise they would have been able to give a more definite date.

At least they give a short explanation for this latest delay, stating, that unexpected difficulties at the production stage made some design and material changes necessary...

Ben
03-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #41
Veteran Member

:o Sorry

OK, but i didīt say made by Pentax, but should have said fit Pentax, Sony, Olympus, Canon, Nikon.

But to be fare, and if we want modern lenses, it most have autofocus and SR/IS/VR.
So for Pentax we donīt count 7 Carl Zeiss, so = 65 autofocus lenses fit Pentax with SR.
Fit Sony, still 64 lenses(1 less today).
Fit Olympus, still 28 lenses.
Fit Canon, still 28 lenses(1 more today).
Fit Nikon, still 20 lenses.

So, itīs not to bad to have Pentax.
03-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben_Edict Quote
1. they say "news" about the K20 successor might not be expected before summer. That does not indicate any date for availability. So my guess would be, that the Kxx won't be available before Christmas. (though I hope I am wrong here...)
Not even considering anything else, a Christmas-season launch makes sense: get it out there right in time for the big retail season — even if there's no economic miracle, it's still the best time to be selling things. So I won't be too shocked if we don't see any more news until then.

I will be shocked if we don't hear anything by Sept. 4. And of course, I'll be pleasantly surprised if there is news by early summer.
03-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Can you please list those lenses?

Not even our review database contains this many lenses (Pentax autofocus).
Just press Pentax/Samsung in top:
CyberPhoto AB - Personlig service på nätet
03-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #44

That doesn't really make any sense. A lot of Canon's L lenses do not have IS, like the "holy trinity" 35L 85L 135L. They are still very fine lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote
But to be fare, and if we want modern lenses, it most have autofocus and SR/IS/VR.
03-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cousinsane Quote
That doesn't really make any sense. A lot of Canon's L lenses do not have IS, like the "holy trinity" 35L 85L 135L. They are still very fine lenses.
Of course they are nice, and itīs a lot of old M42 lenses that are sharp and good build too. But they are not modern lenses.