Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
here is the video of the X70

i did not want to post i two places so this is just a reference to the thread in which i posted links to two short videos about the latest Pentax P&S

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-p-s-camera-discussion/52844-pentax...tml#post511059

03-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bridge Camera Question

Anyone know if this new camera shoots in RAW or not? Can't find anything in the specs as yet.
03-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nope, just JPEG....
03-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Hi all.

QuoteQuote:
Q: Anyone know if this *new camera (*Pentax X70) shoots in RAW or not?

A: Nope, just JPEG....
Cynically crippling this latest *offering is kinda par for the course, I suppose ! Imagine the following scenario as the Hoytax design team sit round the table, trying to finalise the eventual specification.

"Look guys, at this stage in the development process I really think we need to assume that the average punter buying one of our bridge-cameras probably wouldn't have the faintest clue what RAW images are all about anyway. What's more, incorporating such a feature might only serve to further confuse the poor saps. Let's just stick with a JPEG setting as normal, which should keep the vast majority of our customers happy as Larry printing out their 6" x 4's ! Anyhow, we can't afford to impact upon the production facilities of our current entry-level DSLR's, now can we" ?

Best regards
Richard

P.S. BTW, what's happened to my long-awaited desire for a FF Pentax DSLR ? This year's PMA is obviously a total waste of space as far as that's concerned.........sigh !

Last edited by Confused; 03-03-2009 at 07:28 PM.