Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #1

New Samsung NX video @ PMA!

YouTube - [No-Edit PMA 09] Samsung's hybrid camera 'NX'

03-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I can't believe it has been over three days since the anouncement and still everybody is just speculating about the mount and we have no real answer from Samsung. I mean, it's pretty obvious from their anouncement that they wanted to keep it a secret, but could someone at least ask them to get a "we wont tell" or something. As it is now its just too silent...

/Tommy
03-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #3

looks like....

well the lens hood looks just like the one on my 18-55mm....
03-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Well the whole thing looks like nothing but a mock up to me. The lenses on the camera have no discerable moarking at all, no focal lengths, no f-stop information, nothing.

03-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommy Quote
I can't believe it has been over three days since the anouncement and still everybody is just speculating about the mount and we have no real answer from Samsung. I mean, it's pretty obvious from their anouncement that they wanted to keep it a secret, but could someone at least ask them to get a "we wont tell" or something. As it is now its just too silent...

/Tommy
what about the mount? it's not K so it doesn't really matter if we know now does it.
03-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
what about the mount? it's not K so it doesn't really matter if we know now does it.
From what I've read, there are lots of people who would like to know if you will be able to fit K-mount lenses with an adaptor (like on MicroFourThirds) and if so, will there be any functional limitations doing so. If this is the case, it would be interesting to know if the compatibility is K-mount exclusive or if it will be possible to make adaptors fro other mounts as well.

Not that I plan on buying one soon, but it would be interesting to see what kind of strategy Samsung has and if they kept Pentax in the loop somehow?

I know, I know......shoot more, speculate less!

/Tommy
03-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member

i doubt an adapter would work using anything except stop-down metering mode.
i find it highly unlikely that NX will have a mechanical aperture and af motor in the body, which defeats some of the purpose of starting new and fully electronic.
03-05-2009, 02:28 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
They said it will be a new mount, which fits an APS-C sensor.
The flange back will be about 20mm.

So far Samsung is nothing but a loud shouter.
For quite some time they announce great things to come.
But so far nothing at all.
I wouldn't hold my breath ...