Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #16
Veteran Member

we are photographers....so we spend time shooting insteed of fight
I own nikon film camera, but I would never dream about fighting insteed of shooting!

Hate in the world...oh yes....so sad indeed.

Any nikon user said congrats to the 645D ?

03-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No need to start a flame war over there.

The ninth user in the thread, who seems to know the field, has some great work on his site :
Leping Zha Landscape Photography- powered by SmugMug

Some are bringing knowledgeable info, others are just the regular trench diggers on the internet
03-05-2009, 07:05 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Are they nuts or we are all being taken for a ride? Don’t they face the same challenges like Nikon? Only time will tell and I am sure you will have an opinion too. FYI at PMA Pentax introduced a new lens (Pentax DA15mm F4 ED AL) and 3 p&s cameras.

Hah. Can anyone else taste the bile in that last sentence above? "One lens - and three point-and-shoots! LOL!"

What's that fable from Aesop?

The Oak and the Reeds

A very large oak was uprooted by the wind and thrown across a
stream. It fell among some Reeds, which it thus addressed: "I wonder how you, who are so light and weak, are not entirely crushed by these strong winds." They replied, "You fight and
contend with the wind, and consequently you are destroyed; while we on the contrary bend before the least breath of air, and therefore remain unbroken, and escape."

Moral: Stoop to conquer.

I hope the 645D doesn't get too high a resolution. It needs to remain affordable. On the other hand, it needs to be higher res than the current 1D, the Nikon D3, and the Alpha 900.

I'd like to see the technology from the K20D's sensor applied to an MF sensor of about, oh, 35-40MP, just to tick off Hasselblad, and an ISO that goes up to - wait for it - 6400, with noise on par with a ISO 1600 on a K100D.

Bonus points if it turns out lighter than a 1D...
03-05-2009, 07:09 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
No need to start a flame war over there.

The ninth user in the thread, who seems to know the field, has some great work on his site :

Some are bringing knowledgeable info, others are just the regular trench diggers on the internet
Wow... I really love his Mountainscape series!

03-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #20

hilarious comments!

I love it "Pentax makes crappy cameras!"

Obviously never held or used one.

"This is aimed at market share!"

Why the hell would ANYONE think that a digital MF camera would be an attempt to improve market share?

I think it's more of an attempt to break into the pro portrait/landscape market with a technology they have a strong history in, as well as offering a bit of prestige to the name.

And I think a lot of those nikonians who are purely negative are just aghast that a 35mm player will have a camera with a sensor bigger than their D3X. Oh noes!
03-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Already posted in that yesterday as "Ken"...no point in trolling in a Nikon forum..just setting a few things straight ;-)
03-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #22

He is sort of a pentaxian. According to his post in the other pentax forum, he uses pentax medium format lenses on Canon FF DSLR body.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote

03-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

Wheatfield strikes back.....
03-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #24
Veteran Member

parts of that thread are lower than even DPR standards
03-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
What a sad world we live in. So much anger and hate.
In my experience, people are generally nice to each other face to face - a camera club for example - but the anonymity of the keyboard removes the consequences of rude behavior. Just the nature of the beast.
03-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #26
Veteran Member

what a nasty place!

QuoteQuote:
"who cares ? the pentax brotherhood is as rabid as they come. defending products that are irrelevant to the world today. pentax…we dont care, go away inbreds. even sony is more relevant in todays market than you are."
wow, just wow.

its pathetic to see something like this written down for people to read.
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
what a nasty place!

wow, just wow.

its pathetic to see something like this written down for people to read.
Definitely.... Something crazy there. I just find myself becoming more and more ... fed up with just how coarse and uncivil what's left of our national 'discourse' has become: seems to have been picked from some of the political and religious talk radio and TV, and it's not a good sign for our civilization.

Everyone kind of needs one sense of tribe or another, but I'd think that the photographic community, of all people, could get over some labels: I think without some sense and civility in the world in general, we could *all* find ourselves documenting some grimmer circumstances than we bargained for.
03-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
In my experience, people are generally nice to each other face to face - a camera club for example - but the anonymity of the keyboard removes the consequences of rude behavior. Just the nature of the beast.
as has been demonstrated before

Penny Arcade! - Green Blackboards (And Other Anomalies)

I really pity those people.
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, I just noticed, though, from the picture they put that MZ-S like tilt to the top plate, didn't they? Nice.
03-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #30
Veteran Member

I am reminded of a particular xkcd strip: