Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Interesting new SLR...

Hello there

I was searching through information about PMA and found this little thing from a swedish camera magazine. I checked to see if it had been mentioned here before, but I couldn't find anything...

It's an interview with a representative from pentax at the PMA and he says some interesting things about a new SLR coming in the summer. Most of it is in swedish, but check it out from about 0:55 and you'll see.

Pentax på PMA

Enjoy!

03-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great 1st post! Not only was the quality of that stream excellent, the info conveyed was a big tumbs-up! I really loved the smirk on the rep's face as he was spilling the beans. lol

That should:
a) dispel some rumors
b) really get the rumor mill going focused on FF or pro or both!

It seems the K20D should be around a good bit longer then too.
03-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks,

"A slightly different concept, more advanced..."

"We have planned to introduce a new SLR, it's also a new concept, by the summer".

"Q: Is it a direct successor to the K20D?, A: 'No, it is not a direct successor of the K20D, the concept has changed during the development in the past months, the concept is slightly different'.

"Q: more advanced or less advanced than the K20D?" A:'No, it will be more advanced I would say'.

Last edited by solar1; 03-08-2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Past months, not month!
03-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Fantastico! I predict a bow tie shaped sensor, lovingly referred to as the "farfalle", "Schmetterling", "Paillion", or "petaloda" ...depending on which country get's it first...sorry, I don't know what "butterfly" is in Hebrew.

I think besides live view, it will have a predictive shot feature, this eliminating the labour of changing lenses, focusing, metering and engaging the shutter in order to get the perfectly exposed shot.

This is amazing news!

Perhaps now professional photographers who shoot and get paid for their shot to appear in newspapers, magazines and online publications all over the world will have no more excuse for noisy, underexposed shots. *sigh of relief*1,2,3

Jason

footnote1please take post with grain of salt, not included with forum registration, but common available and universally accepted
footnote2please see entire post above for examples of sarcasm, silliness and otherwise useless rambling
footnote3I was hungry for bowtie pasta with a homemade pesto and sundried tomato when I wrote this post, therefore I succumb to my mirage of yumminess.

03-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Guess:

Smaller body. Perhaps Limited style. The K20D will coexist with the new body for awhile
03-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #6
Kei

Thanks OP, the stream is so clear its the next best thing after actually being there! I'm excited to hear a new model more advance than the K20d will be coming up this summer. The x70 looks good in the video as well!

I hope they keep at least one model dslr that uses AA battery tho......

I can see the rumour forum will get bubbly again
03-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #7

Sounds great in general but is it just me or does he have to think just a little too long before relying "No, it will be more advanced I would say"? Oh well, maybe he's just being careful not to say too much.

03-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Pentax releases X70 superzoom digital camera: Digital Photography Review
03-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #9
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
you might want to actually listen to the vid from the time-code the OP was good enough to suggest. The point of this thread is not the X70.

Last edited by m8o; 03-07-2009 at 03:30 PM.
03-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommy Quote
Sounds great in general but is it just me or does he have to think just a little too long before relying "No, it will be more advanced I would say"? Oh well, maybe he's just being careful not to say too much.
Or maybe it's different enough that it's hard to compare.
03-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Or maybe they're not talking in their native language.
03-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #12

It's interesting that he denied it was a follow up of the K20D, he could have just dodge that question. If the concept just changed recently it can't be a FF camera. I am hoping for a K-Limited. That would keep me in the K mount definitely.
03-08-2009, 04:16 AM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
It's interesting that he denied it was a follow up of the K20D, he could have just dodge that question.
Define follow up.
I think all we can read into that statement is that it's not going to be a K20D super, but a brand new modell.

What does a brand new concept mean? Brand new compared to what? Compared to older Pentax modells, or compared to other brands? HD video i.e. is a new concept for Pentax...
03-08-2009, 04:46 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
It's interesting that he denied it was a follow up of the K20D, he could have just dodge that question. If the concept just changed recently it can't be a FF camera. I am hoping for a K-Limited. That would keep me in the K mount definitely.
From recent patent applications Pentax has a new mount in the works. That is definitive. To go with it they have a full compatibility adapter. What remains to be clarified is what compatibility is it. What new bodies(formats) will go with it and when.

RuiC
03-08-2009, 05:11 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brkl Quote
Or maybe they're not talking in their native language.
They are not. I think the use of their english leaves room for....
rumors.