Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2009, 04:50 AM   #166
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
They can. But they don't allow you to see what the camera see.
I'm sure Pentax will update their software. It just takes them a little longer than everyone else (rule of thumb for Pentax land)

03-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #167
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Does that make any sense?

Does it mean a DSLR with higher specs than K20 (ie higher fps, renewed AF, ...?) wrapped in a K200D styled body (ie no hyper modes, no TAv, no second wheel...)?

And the "new concept" would then replace the K20D but with similar specs (fps, AF, ... , ... )?

Did I get that right?

Yes, I believe it makes lots of sense.
The "new" camera for summer is a high end model that you'll want to go to bed with; meaning it is something that gives the owner pride of ownership and is about finish and built quality. Read; Limited style. It's difference in concept might also indicate that it could use a different interface, perhaps more conservative.
The K200D replacement will in effect replace both the K200D and the K20D; probably use the 14,6mp sensor and almost certainly be built around a similar inteface as the K20D but most likely smaller.
03-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #168
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Yes, I believe it makes lots of sense.
The "new" camera for summer is a high end model that you'll want to go to bed with; meaning it is something that gives the owner pride of ownership and is about finish and built quality. Read; Limited style. It's difference in concept might also indicate that it could use a different interface, perhaps more conservative.
The K200D replacement will in effect replace both the K200D and the K20D; probably use the 14,6mp sensor and almost certainly be built around a similar inteface as the K20D but most likely smaller.
Sincerely, I would prefer going out to shoot with a camera than getting in bed with it but... to each its own!!

All these talks about "pride of ownership" and "fit and finish" reminds me (in a bad way) of the snobish talks I use to read when I was frequenting some Leica forum (ah! debating to no end the merits of the Gucci special edition or the Hermes one... so many good memories...! ).

Hopefully the next Pentax will be also be a good photographic tool and not only a nice object to show-off.

Otherwise that would really be a departure from Pentax's tradition of producing first and foremost cameras for photographers, not for collectors and fashion victims.

Here is to never seeing a limited Dolce&Gabana edition of a Pentax camera!!

As for the interface, I clearly see what you mean by "more conservative": I have also old reminiscence of the MZ/ZX transition after the Z/PZ series: dials for shutter speed, aperture rings... like in the good old times! Nothing like it to remind you how much easier it is to use two separate e-dials and not have to constantly get your eyes away from the VF (all IMHO of course).

Here is to never seing another MZ5 again....

Last edited by lol101; 03-17-2009 at 12:05 PM.
04-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #169
Veteran Member

I don't want a smaller camera. The k10/20d feel so good in my hand. Maybe a bit lighter, but I hate the feel of small cameras. All I want is a k20d with more fps, faster/more accurate AF, and beter high ISO performance.

04-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #170
Inactive Account

I will wait!!

I am willing to wait and let RD refine what is coming for upgrades. Yes, I really enjoy my K20D. I recall years ago I was using the LX, it was a great camera to us, but when I changed to MZ-S, it expanded my horizons. However when I started to use the 1st D, it was like a new beginning, then comes the K10D. What a joy to use, however the K20D with live view on a tripod is awsome when I am involved taking macro shots. What is coming, I do not know, but I will be patient.
04-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #171
Veteran Member

I am so sorry that I didnt read this thread from the get go... so much good information and speculation. I have been calling for Pentax to expand their lens line-up into specialized sections but it seems that they are going one step further and making specialized camera bodies to match the lenses.

A camera built with the regidness and attention to detail as the Limited lenses, basically built and perfected for the studio photographer. A rugged and tough body sealed and fast to work with the DA* lenses. All of them up to spec with the latest of technologies.

Sign me up!!
04-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #172

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Live view I can get on board with.. it is the full motion video capture that I don't understand.
I think in the field a person taking nature shots it would be easier to have two in one to save space