Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
We could just wait and see. It might be a summer of pleasant surprises.

03-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The only news I see here is that Hoya isn't giving up on the camera business yet. The rest is just market-speak, and I don't see how anyone can draw any solid conclusions from it.
03-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Does that make any sense?

Does it mean a DSLR with higher specs than K20 (ie higher fps, renewed AF, ...?) wrapped in a K200D styled body (ie no hyper modes, no TAv, no second wheel...)?

That's what it sounds like to me too. If so, I'll be seriously, seriously disappointed. I'm happy with my K10D now, and was looking forward to eventually upgrading it to an evolved version of the same nice photographic tool.

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
And the "new concept" would then replace the K20D but with similar specs (fps, AF, ... , ... )?
The comments about the new 15mm Limited are encouraging here, at least. Hopefully the "new concept" is more "Limited body" and less "Whiz-bang Movie Camera That Happens to Take Still Pictures".
03-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #19

I am totally lost now. What does it mean "NO successor to the K20D model"? Ever?

What the hell is then ""Summer" camera will be K200D's replacement with specs higher than K20D"?

This gets far too complicated to my brain....

Their lens road map is in the end (no new lenses planned)...
Their flagship camera is not updated any longer...
I wonder, where does it all end up? I am kind of a worried about all this.

03-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
That's what it sounds like to me too. If so, I'll be seriously, seriously disappointed. I'm happy with my K10D now, and was looking forward to eventually upgrading it to an evolved version of the same nice photographic tool.
Sums up my feelings pretty well. I'm very curious to see what this "new concept" will be. I very much doubt I'll want it if it doesn't have a top LCD and less than 2 control wheels, but I'm willing to be surprised
03-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
We could just wait and see. It might be a summer of pleasant surprises.
Well, it all certainly is . . . . Interesting!
03-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #22
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Urmas R. Quote
I am totally lost now. What does it mean "NO successor to the K20D model"? Ever?

What the hell is then ""Summer" camera will be K200D's replacement with specs higher than K20D"?
I'll address the question with a question for anyone's attention. I don't know the answer to this: When the *ist line was replaced with the K#D line, was the K10D considered a successor for the *ist [DS2] model or a whole 'new' model? It's semantics but has significance.

03-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #23
Inactive Account

I hope that new line of lenses doesn't mean they're moving to a new mount.
03-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #24

My count down to bail out has obviously began... chute release wire is attached to hook, I am standing in the door, just collecting courage to roar "GERONIMOoooo........"

As far as I can see, Pentax is now taking different path than what is suitable for me. My game is landscapes, not hardcore extreme outdoor activities. Please say that this interpretation is wrong.

Last edited by Harald; 03-09-2009 at 12:59 PM.
03-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #25

Well, seeing, that ricehigh's translation says that the k200D successor comes in the end of the year, let me speculate. Ricehigh's translation says 2 SLRs, one in summer, one in the end of year, it says the summer one will have a price tag like K20D, sooo....judging by the fact that there is only the 645D and the K200D successor, could it mean the 645D will be ultra-cheap?
03-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Harald Quote
My count down to bail out has obviously began... chute release wire is attached to hook, I am standing in the door, just collecting courage to roar "GERONIMOoooo........"

As far as I can see, Pentax is now taking different path than what is suitable for me. My game is landscapes, not hardcore extreme outdoor activities. Please say that this interpretation is wrong.
I'd tend to doubt that whatever they plan to release won't be any less capable for landscapes than, say, the K20D, and your glass should still be compatible.
03-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Timarete Quote
I hope that new line of lenses doesn't mean they're moving to a new mount.
well, pentax just released DA15 ltd, i think k-mount is going to stay just a bit longer...
03-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
I'd tend to doubt that whatever they plan to release won't be any less capable for landscapes than, say, the K20D, and your glass should still be compatible.
Well, what I was for, isnt just equally capable for landscapes than K20, but better. FF and more details.

K20 isnt bad at all, but FF would be better for my purposes. But we will get something else, wouldnt we?
03-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #29
cyg

I think that the K10d was actually considered an update of the original *ist D.
03-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #30
Veteran Member

It seems

that the making of interpretations of a poorly translated interpretation makes ones gizzards twisted into a gordian knot, for nought.
Taketh thy innards to a restful state of no-mind... all will be clear with time.

QuoteOriginally posted by Harald Quote

Last edited by solar1; 03-09-2009 at 03:15 PM.