Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by solar1 Quote
that the making of interpretations of a poorly translated interpretation makes ones gizzards twisted into a gordian knot, for nought.
Taketh thy innards to a restful state of no-mind... all will be clear with time.
Smaller body cant be the FF I am waiting for, can it? Could they combine small FF body and this new lens serie for bigger FF circle? updated FA:s? nope...

If they had said that next one will be semipro, pro, or other way higher level body than K20 it would have been encouraging, but this, never.

03-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Come on!

QuoteOriginally posted by Urmas R. Quote

Their lens road map is in the end (no new lenses planned)...
Their flagship camera is not updated any longer...
I wonder, where does it all end up? I am kind of a worried about all this.
I would be more worry about things that means a little bit more.
like, starving kids, end wars, climate-changes...

Anyone think this kind of "TTTRITW" (try-to-translate-rumours-into-true-words) have going on tooooo far?

This is nothing agains you Urmas so sorry for use your post as a quote!

But, do we want a different type of camera, we should change work from photographer to camera-designer right?

And you guys that still want to be photographer can accept what the market have to offer...or leave it.

I have never seen such an energy and time waisted on something that we don't know nor can controll or change.

Come on folks!
03-10-2009, 02:10 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
I am totally lost now. What does it mean "NO successor to the K20D model"? Ever?
Yes, pretty much like there was never a successor to the LX, the Z1-P of the MZ-S...

QuoteQuote:
Their lens road map is in the end (no new lenses planned)...
Their flagship camera is not updated any longer...
I wonder, where does it all end up? I am kind of a worried about all this.
It doesn't end!

It begins... again!

Pentax old timers are quite used to this "style changing", it happens usually when Pentax see that they can no longer make a significant step forward on a given line of product. Their solution is then to make a step... to the side, by offering a "new product line"(see the move from the Z line to the MZ line in the 90's).

Of course, people expecting a D300 (or, God forbids, a D700) camera with the Pentax logo on it will not be happy, and uber fast AF + machine-gun fps will probably not be on the menu, but just wait until we see what's in store, it is always interesting to see what Pentax comes up with...
03-10-2009, 02:18 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote

It doesn't end!

It begins... again!

Pentax old timers are quite used to this "style changing", it happens usually when Pentax see that they can no longer make a significant step forward on a given line of product. Their solution is then to make a step... to the side, by offering a "new product line"(see the move from the Z line to the MZ line in the 90's).

Of course, people expecting a D300 (or, God forbids, a D700) camera with the Pentax logo on it will not be happy, and uber fast AF + machine-gun fps will probably not be on the menu, but just wait until we see what's in store, it is always interesting to see what Pentax comes up with...
They've done more shocking things before: The US members may think that the (original, film) K-series was long-lived, but the K1000 was really a budget exception, the "real" K-series died a surprisingly short time after its introduction when the M-series was introduced. The KM, KX and K2 had a shockingly short life span for that time.

The DA* 30 disappearing may signal that Pentax wasn't really that happy with the DA* series - the quality issues, the not so fast SDM and so on. It may also signal that they're redoing the lenses for FF. Or both. We'll see. Anyway, I think these hints at what is coming are very promising, and look forward to what's coming this summer. In the mean time, where's that lottery ticket?

03-10-2009, 02:32 AM   #35
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=lol101;518800]uber fast AF + machine-gun fps will probably not be on the menu, QUOTE]

03-10-2009, 04:51 AM   #36
Veteran Member

I had no idea photography attracted so many paranoid, doomsday, grouchy, stick-in-the-ass, argumentative, and closed off people....or maybe it's just the nature of e-forums?

Jason
03-10-2009, 05:24 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
I had no idea photography attracted so many paranoid, doomsday, grouchy, stick-in-the-ass, argumentative, and closed off people....or maybe it's just the nature of e-forums?

Jason
yeah...it seams right...

Wait and see does not exist in the e-forum vocabulary

03-10-2009, 05:32 AM   #38

Jason
And lots of straight forward idiots who do know next to nothing about polite manners.... like you

Being disappointed is normal behaviour, spilling out such a rubbish like you do is....
03-10-2009, 05:36 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Harald Quote
And lots of straight forward idiots who do know next to nothing about polite manners.... like you

Being disappointed is normal behaviour, spilling out such a rubbish like you do is....
you just did the same misstake then?

I felt his words was kind of heavy...but still, it's not all false.

e-forums is a portal that much people use to speak everything else but photography.
03-10-2009, 05:51 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Jason
Come on, let it all out! Don't hold off!

BTW: in case you didn't notice, you're on a rumor forum... this might explain why people here mainly give their impressions and opinions on (sometimes wild) rumors...

Very often, when a change is on the horizon but still unclear, people will gather and talk their anxiety out by trying to guess the outcome... now they just write it up on the internet. No harm done (and no obligation to read either...).
03-10-2009, 05:53 AM   #41
Veteran Member

I dont know what to say.Ive been waiting for FF almost since isDL. Im sure that new model will be good and very usable,but with my big fingers Im not sure if it will be good with K200D-like body.
In case I will improve my photography I may think to hybrid my brant to Pentkon(Pentax(Crop) + Nikon (FF)).

But lets wait and see.....
03-10-2009, 06:00 AM   #42
Veteran Member

perhaps I should have inserted some humourous inflection via a smiley face...RELAX everyone.

Jason
03-10-2009, 06:26 AM   #43
Veteran Member

The DA Star 30 is re-scheduled for the new lens serie.
New lens serie will be APS-C, so not 24x36.
Why a new lens serie? Because it will have new autofocus SDM compatible with contrast detect AF. A new name is needed to avoid confusing with the older AF lenses that is not compatible with contrast detect AF system.

The new bodies will offer contrast detect AF for a fast live view function and video mode with full realtime autofocus.

Note that contrast detect AF only will work with SDM lenses, not screwdriven lenses.
New bodies will of course has support for both the new contrast detect AF and the old phase detection AF to work with old lenses.

But only the new lens lineup can take advantage of the new live AF without back- or front focus problems. Contrast detect AF needs a re-design of the in-lens motors.

I believe the consumer lenses, like the 18-55 II, 50-200 and 55-300 will be the first lenses to come in new versions for the contrast detect AF - with the new lens name. And the 30 as a nice standard lens with f/1.4.

Perhaps the new lens serie will be called DV, where V stands for Video.
03-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote

Perhaps the new lens serie will be called DV, where V stands for Video.
Roland,
I so enjoy your never ending optimism in regards to the next best thing from Pentax. Hope you are right. What is the time frame on this, late summer announcement? Available in the fall? If you are right I could be back to one system by next summer.
03-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Not to derail the thread but can someone explain to me why Video capture is such an important feature for a DSLR? I've been trying to wrap my head around it and I still can't figure it out ??? I would much rather have a digital HD Camcorder than use my DSLR as a video camcorder. Am I alone with this sentiment?