03-09-2009, 04:11 AM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hoya/Pentax - answer to questions about our future

�uK20D�v‚Ƃ͈á‚Á‚½ƒRƒ“ƒZƒvƒg‚Ì�VŒ^ˆêŠáƒŒƒt‚ð�¡‰Ä‚É“Š“ü

1. NO successor to the K20D model
2. 645D will be made
3. New line of lenses and new conception of line of cameras
4. Hoya/Pentax has no any relations with Samsung in NX project.
The lenses for Samsung NX could be made by Sigma
5. "Summer" camera will be K200D's replacement with specs higher than K20D

Last edited by ogl; 03-09-2009 at 04:18 AM.
03-09-2009, 04:28 AM   #2
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
I don't understand hints to 35 mm and 645 system...
To put 35 mm to 645D?
What is the 645D to do with K-mount lenses?
But there was old rumor about hybrid mount to fit 645 and K lenses.
03-09-2009, 07:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax and Samsung Partnership Not Perfect - PhotographyBLOG
QuoteQuote:
Pentax are less keen on pursuing the other professional alternative, a high-end 35mm full-frame camera. Mr Iue commented that the company had to choose between medium format and full-frame, as they could only afford to dedicate time and resources to one of them in the short to mid-term. As Pentax have already made a sizeable investment in medium format, they aren’t so far behind and could bring a product to market more quickly than with a pro-level 35mm DSLR. The cost of developing a range of lenses suitable for the demands of a full-frame sensor is also making Pentax think twice. Mr Iue categorically ruled out any move to produce a full-frame camera just for the sake of prestige, reiterating that Pentax had to be able to make a profit from their investment.
So this ( https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/517557-post42.html ) might point towards 645D and KB-FF.

"RiceHighs" translation (RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Interview with Hoya Senior Official on Pentax's Latest Directions):
QuoteQuote:
They (Hoya as a company, referred collectively thereafter) are reviewing the marketing position of the K20D in a very serious way, and together with the Pentax lens system as a whole. It is therefore the lens roadmap needed to be adjusted and this explains why some (previously promised) lenses have (been) disappeared from the latest lens roadmap. They will seriously review the specifications of their new lenses, too. [...] It should not be seen as we had aborted the K-mount (full frame) lens system, as it wasn't.
No new mount (neither for APS-C nor for any "other" solution), perhaps new FF-lenses (or only weather-sealed kit-lenses)? News or/and rumors?
03-09-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:

Does that make any sense?

Does it mean a DSLR with higher specs than K20 (ie higher fps, renewed AF, ...?) wrapped in a K200D styled body (ie no hyper modes, no TAv, no second wheel...)?

And the "new concept" would then replace the K20D but with similar specs (fps, AF, ... , ... )?

Did I get that right?

03-09-2009, 07:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

A K200D with a CMOS instead of CCD Sensor

and a pentamirror instead of pentaprism and AA batterys instead of getting a charger & rechargable battery included plus the deletion of features you mentioned all at a higher price than K20D sells for today. And most important upgrade would make it available in 2 or 3 different colors.

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
Does that make any sense?

Does it mean a DSLR with higher specs than K20 (ie higher fps, renewed AF, ...?) wrapped in a K200D styled body (ie no hyper modes, no TAv, no second wheel...)?

And the "new concept" would then replace the K20D but with similar specs (fps, AF, ... , ... )?

Did I get that right?

Last edited by Samsungian; 03-09-2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: I forgot to add "Color Choices"
03-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #6
Veteran Member

we need Mike Cash tp translate all this... google translation sucks...
03-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #7

Why is it that as we get more clarification from Hoya, we get more confused .....

03-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
and a pentamirror instead of pentaprism and AA batterys instead of getting a charger & rechargable battery included plus the deletion of features you mentioned all at a higher price than K20D sells for today. And most important upgrade would make it available in 2 or 3 different colors.
Or for the slightly less cynical among us:

Maybe it's hinting towards a fully-specced camera with features above the K20D in a K200D (or smaller!) body.

It makes sense to consolidate the K200D and the K20D, especially with the Km as the entry level.
03-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #9
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
we need somebody who speaks Japanese to understand all information
03-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
Or for the slightly less cynical among us:

Maybe it's hinting towards a fully-specced camera with features above the K20D in a K200D (or smaller!) body.

It makes sense to consolidate the K200D and the K20D, especially with the Km as the entry level.
Everything old is new again!

Such a camera would recall the MX problem - great camera, for the time it was pro-spec'ed, but the size and form factor made (and still make) it uncomfortable to hold for people with large hands.

I'll just wait and get a K20D - for a hobbyist like me a K20D will be MORE than enough IQ for as long as it lasts.
03-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #11
Veteran Member

"minor" upgrades

Cynical? Do I recall correctly 2009 is the year for "Minor" Upgrades to pentax dslrs? So lets see, PMA passed with no new 1.5x dslr and instead they offered the re-announcement of a 645D for Japan Market Only instead of the World. No touchy feely 645D camera , no specs, no price, no availability date offered.

Maybe you missed this? :

"Sometimes I suspect that one reason companies announce things so far in advance of their actual release is because it means they get to show the product at more than one photo show. I noticed (with a certain bemusement) that Pentax is announcing its medium-format digital camera yet again. This thing has been doing duty as an upcoming product at photo shows for so many years now that I wonder if it qualifies as some sort of Orwellian perma-vaporware, as unending as the distant wars in 1984 (or Afghanistan). I'll probably have snow-white hair and not be able to remember the way to my rocker and I'll still be reading about the Pentax medium-format digital camera that's just about to be released. Generally, it seems a condition of the New World: seasons flash past with a cloud of promised products always hovering tantalizingly just out of view. Imagine the money our strapped car companies could save if they could keep showing the same new models and the same concept cars at show after show, year after year. It would sure beat the challenge of having to come up with something new for every exhibition."

Clipped from here from a few days ago:

The Online Photographer

QUOTE=ewalk;517878]Or for the slightly less cynical among us:

It makes sense to consolidate the K200D and the K20D, especially with the Km as the entry level.[/QUOTE]
03-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #12
Inactive Account

I'd love an LX II, with slightly modified controls and built in grip. Re-introduce the aperture coupler for all pre DA/FAJ lenses, add rear thumbwheel for ISO control, and keep the LX/MZ-5n style exposure system (shutter speed dial with 'auto' & aperture ring on lens). Big prism, mag body, responsive 5 point AF. Hotshoe and Sync port, no pop up.

35mm sensor optional.

I took a look at the new crop of DSLR's the other day, and the amount of buttons and menu pages was bordering on absurd.
03-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Cynical? Do I recall correctly 2009 is the year for "Minor" Upgrades to pentax dslrs? So lets see, PMA passed with no new 1.5x dslr and instead they offered the re-announcement of a 645D for Japan Market Only instead of the World. No touchy feely 645D camera , no specs, no price, no availability date offered.
We're barely into 2009 as is and have no idea what's in the pipeline for the summer.

If the upcoming dSLR is as you described (the comment about the color nonwithstanding) I'll tip my hat to you - good job, nice prediction etc.

But seriously, it's the 9th of March - we basically have 9 more months left in 2009 before you can really start complaining about Pentax not doing anything to their dSLR line-up. None of the other major manufacturers really announced anything at PMA either.

And I'll even bring up Apple and their recent withdrawal from the Macworld Expo as an example. Expos and tradefairs are expensive - really expensive. I wouldn't blame Pentax if they released and/or announced their products when they're ready, instead of trying to meet arbitrary 12-18 trade show cycles, similar to what Apple decided to do.
03-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #14
Inactive Account

hoya said!

It should not be seen as we had aborted the K-mount (full frame)
03-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #15
Veteran Member

These guys are so deceptive...

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
?uK20D?v‚Ƃ͈á‚Á‚½ƒRƒ“ƒZƒvƒg‚Ì?VŒ^ˆêŠáƒŒƒt‚ð?¡‰Ä‚É“Š“ü

1. NO successor to the K20D model
2. 645D will be made
3. New line of lenses and new conception of line of cameras
4. Hoya/Pentax has no any relations with Samsung in NX project.
The lenses for Samsung NX could be made by Sigma
who knows what to believe. Their announcements have been VERY wrong and misleading before. I think they are trying to throw the competition off their track by releasing false trial balloons. I hope the new stuff is nice, and they address the serious performance issues they have. And I hope by new 'line' of lenses they mean everyhting is weather sealed.

Good news, sort of, I guess...?

Cheers,
Cameron