Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2009, 07:06 AM   #1

CNET: five digital cameras you won't regret

Just saw this link and was surprised to see Pentax K200D make it to the "Cameras you wont regret" list.

They also claim it performs better than last years model. Wonder if Pentax makes changes to the same model sold from one year to the next?

No-brainer buys: Five digital cameras you won't regret - CNET Reviews

03-17-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by josekj Quote
Just saw this link and was surprised to see Pentax K200D make it to the "Cameras you wont regret" list.

They also claim it performs better than last years model. Wonder if Pentax makes changes to the same model sold from one year to the next?

No-brainer buys: Five digital cameras you won't regret - CNET Reviews
Nice! The review is from April 2008, so I think "last year's model " is the K100D.
03-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi,
All those reviews and comparo chart from CNET et al are just muddy marketing schticks that provide mostly useless, sometimes inaccurate information. Look at this one:
Nikon D90+18-105mm lens - aperature 3.5-5.6 is there but no 35mm equiv. FL (I guess it was too difficult to multiply 18 and 105 by 1.5?)
Pentax K200D - " ...technically inaccurate colors..." I wonder if the author has ever held the camera in her hands, let alone use it.
Just my $0.02,
03-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by sinus007 Quote
Pentax K200D - " ...technically inaccurate colors..." I wonder if the author has ever held the camera in her hands, let alone use it.
That's true if you look at a color chart with default settings for the JPEG engine, which is probably what they did when testing it. The short video there qualified it as "not the most color-accurate camera, but the colors look nice".

03-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
Damn Brit

Moved to News and Rumours
03-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't think "technicaly innacurate colors" is unreasonable at all. Technically I think just about every digital camera has innacurate colors. I just don't get how sometimes it seems people will complain even when a favorable review is given...