Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Photo has been photo-shopped, it's difficult to say what lighting was used but i'd say "Rembrant" and the editor said to clean it up

03-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Hannican Quote
I don't even tell people that I shoot Pentax anymore, because I got so sick of hearing "Pen-what?"

My standard response now is, "You've probably never heard of it..."
I had somethin similar to this happen to me last week. Was in San Diego for a conference, and was killing time in LaJolla Friday afternoon before my redeye flight back to the east coast. I have the K100D, and I was using a Super Tak 35mm/3.5 -- have to mention I was wearing my neat Pentax cap. One Canon shooter - looked to be in his late-30's, asked me what I was shooting and I told him and he said...."thought that Pentax went out of business 20 - 30 years ago". Told him nope, they are still producing top-notch cameras. He asked if he could look at my camera, so I said yes, and spread the goodwill. He was impressed and asked me how much I had paid for the lens and I told him......"$12 on ebay". He absolutely could not believe it. Made my day.