Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ned B ... a brave man.

or..... ?
Anyways had to post this here since it is the only way for me NOT to post something "over there".
Posting at dp review in the midst of the "downsizing" news must count for something...
Also I had to hold myself back from checking the EXIF to see if any of those were from his wonderful "other camera"...
I really have to get me one of "those" jobs...
forgive me

03-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

What are you talking about?
03-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Igilligan

He did not even mention it!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
or..... ?
Anyways had to post this here since it is the only way for me NOT to post something "over there".
Posting at dp review in the midst of the "downsizing" news must count for something...
Also I had to hold myself back from checking the EXIF to see if any of those were from his wonderful "other camera"...
forgive me
Maybe he is back from vacation and nobody told him they had layed of half of the Japanese workforce!
03-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Pentaxian

The daily life of a pentaxian.
"Each morning I'm waking up at 7; I take a breakfast, drink my morning coffee and read the news. If Pentax isn't dead yet, I'll grab my camera and go out to take some pictures"

03-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Yeah, what's up? The last post is all DA*55 and the post before of the 15mm is all K20D images. Besides Sales force reductions are common in poor economic conditions. Pentax is outsourcing it's P&S cameras so no need for developers, just marketers.
03-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
or..... ?
forgive me
I ran your post through google eng->eng translator and I can't make sense out of it.
03-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Or is more like it. He strikes me as the type that is just along for the ride.

Just a cautionary note on the layoffs. When Hoya bought Pentax they supposedly cut everything to the bone at that time. Now they come back and make even further cuts that would have to include some essential personnel.

It won't surprise me if the new units are postponed until the end of the year or even later.

03-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
What are you talking about?
QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
I ran your post through google eng->eng translator and I can't make sense out of it.
Sorry. I was trying to be civil in a tabloid type of "tattler" manner.. Still annoyed by the Leica incident... but let's not go there for now.
.. Mr. B comes back from vacation or at least NOW decides to post vacation shots w/ his K20D (MUST.. NOT... CHECK... EXIF) amid a blazing headline
"Pentax may halve Japan camera workforce"...... then mentions nothing nada zip.. Seems his job is secured, la la la lala, why worry about a bunch of sales drones.... no wait.. that what he used to be.....
Sorry I just see all sorts of emotions flashing through this.. must be tired and really don't want to go to dpreview and ask a blatent question because 1) probably won't get a straight answer and 2)Ned-o-philes will jump on me for being rude to the "prez"... and lighten up he just got back from vacation, and what does that have to do w/ photography... ad nauseum...
Well someone finally asked the hard question:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=31344959
Hi Ned, what is going to happen to pentax? looks like massive lay offs in japan and outside of japan?
should we expect a new k30d?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=31345390
I doubt that this is the place for either of those questions to be posed to Ned nor, that he would actually answer them.
Lets be sensible.

See what I mean

Last edited by jeffkrol; 03-18-2009 at 06:18 PM.
03-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Why would Ned be worried about Japan's layoffs, he's the US president. I am sure he has his own issue.
03-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Why would Ned be worried about Japan's layoffs, he's the US president. I am sure he has his own issue.
There 300 other people outside of Japan included in the RIP.

The thing about layoffs is that they make the people left nervous and there is usually a pretty large number that start looking for new work. I would say another 10-15% will leave within a few months if there is an opportunity for them to do so.
03-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I wish some people would stop being blindsided by Ned having a Leica, he's had it waaaaay before he became Pres of Pentax USA. He's used a lot of systems and kept what was good for him to shoot after all the man is a photographer first. He's not the only photographer to have multi brands/systems, there are few in this forum myself included. Heading Pentax USA also doesn't mean he has to live and breathe Pentax either, that's mostly for the Pentax fanboys, his blog is 99.9999% Pentax, so he used his Leica but also posted why ...did some of us miss that?

How many other US camera manufacturer's Pres has a blog to mingle with it's users? Rather than seeing negatively to his use of his favourite "film" camera, why don't you show him what your favourite Pentax camera can do; it was a challenged issued to you "Mr Pentax fanboy", so in the spirit of photography you either show up or shut up
03-18-2009, 11:59 PM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Heading Pentax USA also doesn't mean he has to live and breathe Pentax either,
Maybe Pentax would do better in the US if he did?

Rather than seeing negatively to his use of his favourite "film" camera,
A D-Lux 4 is a film camera?
03-19-2009, 05:29 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I wish some people would stop being blindsided by Ned having a Leica, he's had it waaaaay before he became Pres of Pentax USA. He's used a lot of systems and kept what was good for him to shoot after all the man is a photographer first. He's not the only photographer to have multi brands/systems, there are few in this forum myself included. Heading Pentax USA also doesn't mean he has to live and breathe Pentax either, that's mostly for the Pentax fanboys, his blog is 99.9999% Pentax, so he used his Leica but also posted why ...did some of us miss that?

How many other US camera manufacturer's Pres has a blog to mingle with it's users? Rather than seeing negatively to his use of his favourite "film" camera, why don't you show him what your favourite Pentax camera can do; it was a challenged issued to you "Mr Pentax fanboy", so in the spirit of photography you either show up or shut up
My WAG on Ned using that other brand camera is this. Like Ned said, Pentax doesn't currently have anything to compete with it... until what-ever is going to be announced this summer. That would place Ned in a perfect position to compare the new Pentax with the dlux and demonstrate how much better it is.

I know, a little conspiracy theory'ish but hey since when do we base any of these rumors on real facts

John
03-19-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
Inactive Account

ned who?

oh the one who takes terrible pics and makes free advertisement for leica in his blog?
03-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #15

^ probably you can show a few of your pictures which blow away those of Ned, right?