Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #31
Veteran Member

If Benjikan is doing the marketing thing for Pentax, I am sure that he would make it very colourful for sure.

03-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I handed my new K20d to a professional N* shooter and showed him around. By the end of the five minute trial period, even he had to admit, "That's pretty cool." Then we talked about how much money he spent on his 28-105 L Series lens and how much the DA* series is going for. He was certainly intreagued. That's what we need - to show that you don't have to break the bank to create quality images, that Pentax ergonimics are more intuitive, and that "size doesn't matter." Lots of commercials going through my head for that one.
03-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Why is a nikon shooter using L Series eos glass?

Did you catch the PENTAX CANADA price increases on 50-135mm SDM due on April Fools day? If USA sees the same extreme price hikes ,as our dollars are devalued versus the yen too, then it will cost more than my 70-200mm 2.8 IS L Series ran me 11 months ago brand new.

QuoteOriginally posted by code4code5 Quote
I handed my new K20d to a professional N* shooter and showed him around. By the end of the five minute trial period, even he had to admit, "That's pretty cool." Then we talked about how much money he spent on his 28-105 L Series lens and how much the DA* series is going for. He was certainly intreagued. That's what we need - to show that you don't have to break the bank to create quality images, that Pentax ergonimics are more intuitive, and that "size doesn't matter." Lots of commercials going through my head for that one.
03-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
I find a lot of people in this thread have NEVER read Ned's blog but only what they choose to read hence their negative attitude towards the man...and last time i looked the M4 "his favourite camera" was film based.
First you're making a big assumption about people visiting his blog, of which you can't substantiate unless by some chance you're Ned himself.

Sorry but reading your earlier posts on this thread, you do come across like a Ned apologist. I think it is not unreasonable for people to react the way they did over the furore with the Leica D-Lux.

03-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reads just as if it was translated from Japanese

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I went overkill on this one. I actually did it:

or.? Anyways had be the cause of connecting medium special in situ in the circumstances it is love to a small extent relative quantity hence immateriality NOT be the cause of connecting medium substantiality " remaining in situ ". Traveller at dp skim among love downsizing " information uncleanness part hence substantiality. Also IMMATERIALITY had be the cause of cohere speciality rear because number love EXIF be the cause of be attentive in the circumstances quantitative incomplete those were because his beggar all description " differing carrier ". IMMATERIALITY existing intend assemble immateriality identical incomplete those jobs. forgive and forget immateriality
03-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Did you catch the PENTAX CANADA price increases on 50-135mm SDM due on April Fools day? If USA sees the same extreme price hikes ,as our dollars are devalued versus the yen too, then it will cost more than my 70-200mm 2.8 IS L Series ran me 11 months ago brand new.
What you paid for your Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS L 11 months ago is irrelevant and can't be compared. As far as I know Canon lens has always been more expensive than the DA* 50-135mm. The Canadian dollar and the US dollar have weakened vis-a-vis the Yen, and latter is going to weaken further. So price adjustments are something everybody has to get used to in the new realities arising from the global financial crisis.
03-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
First you're making a big assumption about people visiting his blog, of which you can't substantiate unless by some chance you're Ned himself.

Sorry but reading your earlier posts on this thread, you do come across like a Ned apologist. I think it is not unreasonable for people to react the way they did over the furore with the Leica D-Lux.
Point taken just as i hope mine should be otherwise the discussion would be a "moot" point there should never be a one sided discussion unless the issue is "crystal clear" but i wish i had Ned's job, well at least the cameras lol

I see Ned as he asks, a photographer first.

03-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
It's great to have a niche brand by design and NOT by obscurity...
PENTAX's new tag line....

THOSE WHO KNOW, SHOOT PENTAX
03-20-2009, 01:59 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
PENTAX's new tag line....

THOSE WHO KNOW, SHOOT PENTAX
and "Those that don't ARE NOT"

PS...Don't give too much away. That is what creatives are paid for, their Gray MATTER...
03-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I went overkill on this one. I actually did it:

or.? Anyways had be the cause of connecting medium special in situ in the circumstances it is love to a small extent relative quantity hence immateriality NOT be the cause of connecting medium substantiality " remaining in situ ". Traveller at dp skim among love downsizing " information uncleanness part hence substantiality. Also IMMATERIALITY had be the cause of cohere speciality rear because number love EXIF be the cause of be attentive in the circumstances quantitative incomplete those were because his beggar all description " differing carrier ". IMMATERIALITY existing intend assemble immateriality identical incomplete those jobs. forgive and forget immateriality
I'm glad I amused you people....
BTW: Ned's thread is dying in obscurity (as I suppose is fitting for a fluff piece).
03-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Well...I don't see this thread making it to 5 pages either
03-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #42
Veteran Member

LOL. He must have spent outrageous amount of money to adapt his 28-105 L Canon glass to Nikon body. Tell him it is chipper to just use L glass with Canon body. And overall ergonomics is definitely better this way.
03-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Well...I don't see this thread making it to 5 pages either
if you want i can keep harping on the benefits of Nikon and Canon over Pentax? 15 pages?
03-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
if you want i can keep harping on the benefits of Nikon and Canon over Pentax? 15 pages?
I could say that you are all a bunch of losers and have a self esteem problem and feel that you are not worthy of the best, thus the choice of Pentax and that due to an anally retentive upbringing you had to rely on those that were not very reliable and thus your feelings of self loathing and bed wetting tenancies led you to a life of feeling outcast from the norm and thus your feeling that I must band with those of like kind and for epistemological reasons you decided to study quantum physics just to impress the chicks and when that didn't work you went to a camera store and said "give me a camera any camera, I want to take pictures of chicks!" and when the camera salesman knew you knew Nuthin' about photography sold you a lost leader with the name Pentax on it and you thought, "sounds like Tampax" and that's a good start and took it home.

You then started Pentax Forums and here we are today...

HOLY CRAP...I use Pentax........Golly Geez...I'm Home...

Love,
the Lune...Ben
03-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #45
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Why would Ned be worried about Japan's layoffs, he's the US president. I am sure he has his own issue.

I don't know, maybe the same reason Hannibal worried when he left Italy to go defend Carthage? What good is winning a War abroad if the home land falls?