Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For Ned re: Pentax Persona.

This post may be strange, but since doing my proposals with my Ad Agency to Pentax France of how to promote Pentax fell on deaf ears, here goes. "Ned, since I have been a consulting Creative Director for clients like Club Med, Lancome and Dim, perhaps you might be curious enough to contact me with my proposals of how I would suggest getting Pentax back on the map in a BIG way..."

I am quite serious. Being that Pentax Forums are an integral part of the Pentax experience, I thought I would make this a transparent announcement here.

We had a complete strategy and marketing plan that would have dramatically shifted the consumer mindset regarding "The Pentax Persona".

None the less, you know how to reach me.

Best Wishes
Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 03-19-2009 at 04:44 AM.
03-19-2009, 04:18 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Wow, now this will stir things up a bit
03-19-2009, 04:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You go Ben! I love Pentax cameras but it continues to amaze me that Pentax itself does not believe in their products enough to go toe-to-toe with Canon and Nikon.

Ned Bunnell... PLEASE LISTEN! We love Pentax and don't want to see it fail due to lack of marketing!!!

Mike
03-19-2009, 04:33 AM   #4

Since they wiil not listen anyway, why don't you tell us the pitch?

03-19-2009, 04:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
Since they wiil not listen anyway, why don't you tell us the pitch?
Sincerely...I did sign an MNDA (Mutual Non Disclosure Agreement) with Pentax France which is still current. I cannot do so..sorry.

Ben
03-19-2009, 04:54 AM   #6
MCR
Inactive Account

Ben, I know that you sign MNDA, but please whisper us that everything will be OK. We will have a 645D, new models DSLR, new lenses. Please Ben, say - everything will be OK. I don't want to read about rumors, but if you can (please) say to us :
Pentaxians - everything will be OK.
03-19-2009, 05:00 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Ben,

Just send a PM to every members. We promise to respect your MNDA.

03-19-2009, 05:07 AM   #8
MCR
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Ben,

Just send a PM to every members. We promise to respect your MNDA.
Ben, please say :
PENTAXIANS - EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. NOTHING MOORE.
03-19-2009, 05:21 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MCR Quote
Ben, please say :
PENTAXIANS - EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. NOTHING MOORE.
My MNDA dealt with Marketing Strategies and Communications and not planned new models, even though those new camera models would have an effect on the types of marketing employed, it was not the core of our discussions. It was more to do with establishing a new perception paradigm.
03-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I wonder about results.

Ben let me know Please !!!
03-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Nice try Ben but am afraid your Gonzo style will once again fall on deaf ears. Your type of advertising is one of the few that would work for a company like Pentax but some people, specifically Ned B., are stuck in the 70's. To bad, I'd love to see Pentax develop a personality based approach that used some of the low cost viral marketing tools that are available in today's internet world.

The money they spent on that silly martini glass glossy ad would have paid for a full blown viral program.
03-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Nice try Ben but am afraid your Gonzo style will once again fall on deaf ears. Your type of advertising is one of the few that would work for a company like Pentax but some people, specifically Ned B., are stuck in the 70's. To bad, I'd love to see Pentax develop a personality based approach that used some of the low cost viral marketing tools that are available in today's internet world.

The money they spent on that silly martini glass glossy ad would have paid for a full blown viral program.
As I wrote in my other post...

"I agree...Ned is a very kind human being. However, he is responsible for sales in the U.S and Canada and thus responsible with his given budget the kind of marketing ad campaigns done. There is where we part our ways in terms of approach. Pentax needs to be sold in a novel, niche almost v.i.p. manner. None the less I won't go in to it here, but I believe there are ways to create the kind of buzz to bring up the name of Pentax in the public mind set and leave those with the impression that Pentax just "IS".

Ben
03-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Try posting it in his blog as well...I hardly ever see him post here :-P
03-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I would sign a 5 year contract right now with Pentax USA for ZERO SALARY if I could not increase their market share and/or sales from its current P&L, but if I did, only then would I accept any form of compensation. $1,000,000 USD for every % point.
03-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Really... seriously? You are trying to get Ned to call you up and entertain your global marketing strategy by posting this?... Here?

Interesting.