Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2009, 05:28 AM   #31

This article is terrible and have no any infomation.

03-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
I do agree that Pentax seems to be singing a different tune now about FF, but I really wouldn't read too much into it. It still sounds non-commital, though, more like a "we'll watch the market for developments"-type of answer.
I think Pentax is full of s%*# when it comes to 35mm. You don't exactly have to be Nostradamus to see where the market is going at this point. It's only a matter of time before either Canon or Nikon release a 35mm digital in a plastic body for around $1500. If Nikon can sell D90 bodies for $890 then there is no reason they cant make a 35mm version for $1500 (or less). Once they do that where will that leave Pentax with the K20/30D? The IQ on the 35mm "D90" will surely blow away whatever Pentax can muster with an APS-C sensor. Plus (and more importantly to me) Pentax will have make a break through in view finder design to compete with larger 35mm view finders.

I think at this point its obvious that Pentax will have to make a 35mm camera and they know it. They simply don't want to scare people away from buying all these $300+ APS-C lenses they're currently producing in the mean time.
03-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #33
Forum Member

I really hope Art Vandelay is correct. I just bought K20 and now I'm thinking if I should chance back to Nikon. I'll wait for a next big news and decide after that.
03-24-2009, 03:08 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Well, we're nowhere near the "1500$ or less FF camera", my guess is we won't see any significant price reduction in the next years.
If 1500$ is all people would pay for a Pentax FF camera, I can understand why they don't want to make one

03-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
This article is terrible and have no any infomation.
Exactly. This rep is clued out because, as already announced from Pentax Japan:

1. Pentax has NO PLANS for FF. Yes, none. Read that again and stop all the rumours. Nada. Zilch. Zero. It has nothing to do with lens availability, because if it did, Pentax would be in a great starting position.

2. Pentax ARE IN FACT releasing the MF digital, but only in Japan.
03-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Well, we're nowhere near the "1500$ or less FF camera
You can buy the Nikon D700 in E.U. for 1500€ or 2000$ (excl.VAT).
Nikon D700 body - Lustrzanka cyfrowa, 12.1 Mpx - Nikon | redcoon Polska

And Sony Alpha A900 for 1400€!
http://www.agito.pl/lustrzanki-cyfrowe/sony-alpha-a900-body.197.336110.html

So, FF prices broke thru the $1900 barrier already (ignoring the dated Canon 5D (first model) which is cheaper even).

We are approaching launch prices of the *istD or K20D...

Last edited by falconeye; 03-24-2009 at 03:39 PM.
03-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Are those offers genuine?
From what I can see, a heavily discounted FF camera can be found around 2000 euro. And I bet this is because of unsold stock, a thing that Hoya/Pentax will certainly avoid.

03-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #38
Veteran Member

August 26th 2008 I paid $1750 US dollars for 5D

August 26th 2008 I paid $1750 US dollars for 5D

And this was during their 2 year warranty deal instead of one and guaranteed 5 day turnaround on any repair. I got the expedite ship stickers after I registered the promo.

I think $1,750 is a GREAT Price point for any mount consumer grade full frame.

The D700 I bought in January 2009 ran me $2319. A bit high I agree but with it inhand I say its beyond consumer and borders on pro spec except it lacks dual card slots the D3 for $1900 additional US Dollars has.

I passed on 5D Mark II when I decided instead to get D700: My 1st Nikon camera ever to drive their/my King of Ultra Wide Capture:

14-24mm 2.8

I may or may not get a 5D Mark II in a couple years. The D700 came with a 3 year Nikon warranty 5D mark II only comes with one year so I opted for better coverage & to Tip Toe Over To THE DARKSIDE....

Just the wife and I shoot and now we have three full frame dslrs and three K Mount aps-c dslrs. In reality now if pentax offered a $1750 full frame dslr I don't think i need it. Want it??? sure, I want everything.... But I don't need it really. K20D is a great camera! With its 3 year warranty it came bundled with I have every expectation I wont need another pentax dslr till Nov 2011 when the factory warranty expires.

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
You can buy the Nikon D700 in E.U. for 1500€ or 2000$ (excl.VAT).
Nikon D700 body - Lustrzanka cyfrowa, 12.1 Mpx - Nikon | redcoon Polska

And Sony Alpha A900 for 1400€!
Sony Alpha A900 Body - Lustrzanki cyfrowe - Sony Alpha A900 Body - Lustrzanki cyfrowe - Agito.pl - najwi?kszy polski sklep internetowy

So, FF prices broke thru the $1900 barrier already (ignoring the dated Canon 5D (first model) which is cheaper even).

We are approaching launch prices of the *istD or K20D...
03-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #39
Veteran Member

I'm seriously thinking about going for the D700 now... Pentax has disappointed me so much for quite a while that it's either a brand change or I'm staying with film forever (LX&67 i luvs you!)
03-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #40
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Shashinki Quote
I'm seriously thinking about going for the D700 now... Pentax has disappointed me so much for quite a while that it's either a brand change or I'm staying with film forever (LX&67 i luvs you!)
You sound like someone is holding you hostage or something. Go buy the Nikon, be happy, and make me happy too in the process by sparing me of your whining.

Radu
03-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #41
Veteran Member

hoo~ someone didn't take their happy juice(aka. coffee) today? I don't think me stopping with my "whining" will act like a real substitute to that.

So I like the 35mm film format better than APS-C and want a digital Pentax to match. I guess nobody else would want that then...

Last edited by Shashinki; 03-24-2009 at 05:24 PM.
03-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #42
RaduA

You have my blessing I hope that you understand that the second time!

hoo~ someone didn't take their happy juice(aka. coffee) today? I don't think me stopping with my "whining" will act like a real substitute to that.

So I like the 35mm film format better than APS-C and want a digital Pentax to match. I guess nobody else would want that then...
Feel free to vent whatever you may like in this forum. You're free to do so, like I am too to consider your behavior immature AT BEST. And about my "happy pills" sorry I should edit that to "happy juice" it's more p.c. I don't have either money or need for Zoloft b/c I spend all on Pentax gear and use it to my personal happiness. It's a personal choice and I only encouraged you to follow a different path if Pentax doesn't make you happy. And one more thing ... you whining or not means less to me than my coffee grounds (to keep the p.c. b.s. in place).
And about people that may want a FF camera I say you're free to organize and petition Pentax with your request and if the estimated price will suit both parties to put your money were your mouth is. THEN I REALLY WANT TO SEE FOR REAL HOW MANY YOU ARE BEYOND THE CHEAPEST OF TALKS! And I say that not as an insult for those who want FF but for those who will never buy beyond the K-m+kit lens and want this kind of cameras as a personal self validation that they are not trapped in an *uncool* system without a FF camera. Unfortunately Pentax cannot cash on their boosted egos and must content themselfs to the money that real people put in real/available products made by them. Which (although you don't seem to understand that judging by your bashing of K20D Titanium and the K-m olive) support development of further new products.

Bye!
Radu
03-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Just the wife and I shoot and now we have three full frame dslrs and three K Mount aps-c dslrs.
LOL. And she hasn't castrated you yet? Get the 645D
Why in the world are you keeping the 5D? I can understand jumping to a used one from the Pentax world because it's relatively inexpensive, but if you have the D700 as well, I'd ditch the 5D and find a Nikon 24-70 lens and call it a day...
03-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #44
Veteran Member

For me I completed my eos glass kit before 2009....

The nikon 24-70mm 2.8 costs $800 more than I bought my new 24-70mm f2.8 L last year

Nikon makes no 300mm f4 VR and my IS 300mm f4 IS eos costs less than nikon no VR available new.

My 70-200mm 2.8 IS ran me $300 less than nikon VR and it unlike the nikon does not vignette on full frame and unlike nikon I can fully use canon extention tubes with full metadata full autofocus and image stabilization for macro.

I added the nikon D700 just to properly drive the 14-24mm 2.8 Nano Coat ED I bought at same time to beat nikon Feb 1st 2009 price increases.

I like my Canon, Nikon & Pentax gears.

IF the 645D launches for $18,000 with one lens then thats more than I paid for everything I bought since March 2008 brand new, including a K20D ;^)

Anyways I don't live in Japan so Pentax wouldn't want me to buy a 645D if I wanted to.

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
LOL. And she hasn't castrated you yet? Get the 645D
Why in the world are you keeping the 5D? I can understand jumping to a used one from the Pentax world because it's relatively inexpensive, but if you have the D700 as well, I'd ditch the 5D and find a Nikon 24-70 lens and call it a day...
03-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Are those offers genuine?
Of course yes. Both Agito and Redcoon are respected online shops in Poland. Delivery time is 1 day and 2-3 days, resp. What is nice about EU is that you can easily shop cross-border. Prices in the UK are close, too. Then comes the €-zone. Actually, one would have to go there because both online stores don't ship outside their country (yet).

But is shows that everybody, incl. B&H, could sell at this price. I.e., $2000 for FF Nikon and $1900 for FF Sony.

Side note: Why is B&H selling those for $3000? I have to scroll down the list of online stores with stock quite a bit to find one which sells the D700 in Germany for more than $2263 (€2000 incl. 19% VAT).

Are all prices in the US 1/3 higher than in EU right now?

Last edited by falconeye; 03-24-2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added price comparison with B&H