Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nikuyakun Quote
I pre-ordered my Titan K20 and Battery grip tonight at Yodabashi camera in Yokohama.
I don't really care what the nay-sayers think about this camera, I think it is freakin' awesome.

The set cost 99800 Japanese yen, minus 10% for for being a yodabashi point card holder.
So at todays conversion rates that's about 850 US$.

Well worth it in my opinion considering it's only about $100 more than the standard camera and battery grip. And with only 1000 of these beauties available, I think mine is destined for the display cabinet with my Silver FA 31 Ltd mounted front and centre of my Pentax cabinet!

They said delivery should be expected within the next 3 weeks. Looking forward to that phone call

nikuyakun.
But with Google translate it says October ???
Översatt version av http://www.pentax.jp/japan/news/2009/200908.html

03-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #77
Pentaxian

No, it's the end of April (the 4 is the month - i.e. April). October it's a google translate error.
And yep, I've searched in a dictionary every single kanji - but we have Japanese-speakers here, who could confirm this.
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And I insulted you HOW...

I'm a photographer; I notice colour - you?

Cameron

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
Cambo, I find it funny how you continuously use the word 'EVER' without providing any proof to back that up. are you an expert on every piece of photographic equipment that Asahi Optical has ever put out and how it matches with everything else? also are you an expert on everything say Canon and Nikon has put out and how it cosmetically matches? jesus, most of the crap you add to this forum is a joke at best. get over it, so you dont like the finishes on the plastic. thats all you have to say.. dont try and make yourself look like some kind of expert just because you own some high end lenses. how about Pentax just makes everything flat black. the cameras, the lenses, the packaging, the instruction booklets, etc, etc. it will all match. will that make you happy? oh, and it will be a Japan only release.
03-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #79
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote

I'm a photographer; I notice colour - you?

Cameron
I shoot mostly black and white, I notice tone and contrast. however, that is not the point I was getting at. way to dodge what I was actually asking about.

03-25-2009, 03:54 PM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
And yep, I've searched in a dictionary every single kanji - but we have Japanese-speakers here, who could confirm this.
Kunzite, thanks for teaching me.

Actually, I tried it out:
2009年4月下旬
->
In late October 2009 4
and (when split into two lines):
2009年4月
下旬
->
April 2009
Late
(in the Google translate box; to avoid looking everything up in a dictionary )

I am quite frequently using the trick to split Kanji terms up into multiple lines, for critical content. I wouldn't have thought a date is critical, though.
03-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #81
Veteran Member

the K20d IS a real camera, regardless of what colour the body is....
Agreed! It is a Great camera.
03-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
help with kanji

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
2009年4月下旬
->
In late October 2009 4
and (when split into two lines):
2009年4月
下旬
->
April 2009
Late
I put together this tool last week to help me prepare for an exam (I live in Japan), and will be expanding it on a daily basis as a study tool. Perhaps it would help with understanding relatively simple things like dates.

http://jjj.emuu.net/kanji.php

03-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #83
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by uccemebug Quote
I put together this tool last week to help me prepare for an exam (I live in Japan), and will be expanding it on a daily basis as a study tool. Perhaps it would help with understanding relatively simple things like dates.

http://jjj.emuu.net/kanji.php
very neat, and helpful. thank you for sharing.
03-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #84
Veteran Member

I am interested. Will the silver colour paint come/peel off after sometime? I quite like the colour scheme.
03-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #85
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
I am interested. Will the silver colour paint come/peel off after sometime? I quite like the colour scheme.
I imagine it would, though I am unsure if it is as fragile as the paint on the FA*'s are supposed to be.
03-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #86

I imagine it would, though I am unsure if it is as fragile as the paint on the FA*'s are supposed to be.
Plastic usually isn't painted anymore unless there is a need to match the color to another part, think car color and plastic bumper. When the plastic just needs a color, the die is mixed into the plastic before being molded. It is much cheaper to do it this way.
03-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #87

QuoteOriginally posted by Bophoto Quote
But with Google translate it says October ???
Översatt version av http://www.pentax.jp/japan/news/2009/200908.html
Well I can assure you that it is being released in the Japanese market in April.
Who are you gonna believe?
Google translate..... or a man who lives in Japan, was in the shop , saw the signs and ordered the camera?
03-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
You're insulting a guy with a collection of FA* lenses, so I know know all about that - NOTHING matches - cameras, lenses, nothing ever. In all the other camera companies, the consumer cameras match the consumer lenses, etc.

Then why do they continue to release limited lenses. It's like this company has schizophrenia or something - gorgeous lenses, cameras don't match ANYTHING they have ever made...

I just don't get that...shiny silver cheapo plastic on the gorgeous limited lenses? Even the DA* and straight DA's have a nice finish which is not replicated on any camera EVER...it is just bizarre. You would think the cheapest thing for them to do would be to make them all out of the same material, or at least similar stuff.
A picture of an FA* was posted on a matching body in this thread already. If the consumer lenses of other brands match consumer bodies of said brand, why do the pro bodies not match the pro lenses? Yes this is rhetorical.

Look at prices of Limiteds versus regular lenses. Optical advantages aside...does the material add to the price? Rhetorical again...and see posted FA* and *ist pic.

From what I've heard, the FA Ltd silver finish is more robust than the black, say some users. The DA* series' finish is damn close to the K-d camera bodies. The DAs are pretty close as well.

Well...that was easy
03-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #89
Veteran Member

I believe you

QuoteOriginally posted by nikuyakun Quote
Well I can assure you that it is being released in the Japanese market in April.
Who are you gonna believe?
Google translate..... or a man who lives in Japan, was in the shop , saw the signs and ordered the camera?
I believe him at ~90% and Google at 10%.
And now i believe you.
I don´t believe all i read.

I hope it comes to Europe as my K10D GP...
03-26-2009, 12:16 AM   #90
Veteran Member

Guess

FA 31/43/77 and the DA limited are in aluminium, so i think they use coloured Aluminium oxide and not any kind of paint.