Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Those who proclaim the cameras are ugly based on those dinky small images need to see the Pentax Japan website images... simply beautiful.

K20D Titan

K-m Olive

03-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #17

Sales of the K-m to army publications...
03-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #18

Who would buy a K20 in October if the L10 (K30) has been launched? I guess some would, we don't know much of the next camera yet. Maybe it could be interpreted as there will be no new top end model before October, or it confirms that the new model is completely different. Or possibly they are going to make the last 1000 cameras in this way, then stop making them? I would love to have one though.
03-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I wouldn't want one. In two month the body would be dirty. In a year or so the paint would start to come off and reveal the black plastic below. Scratches would reveal the underlying color etc. If it were metal perhaps, but being paint on plastic, no thanks.

03-24-2009, 12:35 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I wouldn't want one. In two month the body would be dirty. In a year or so the paint would start to come off and reveal the black plastic below. Scratches would reveal the underlying color etc. If it were metal perhaps, but being paint on plastic, no thanks.
Are you sure it is paint on plastic? Coloured plastic is not very uncommon solution....
03-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #21

That titanium-k20D looks nice. The green k-m looks plastic
03-24-2009, 01:11 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Harald Quote
Are you sure it is paint on plastic? Coloured plastic is not very uncommon solution....
It is paint, not metal.

03-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #23
Veteran Member

what would be the written sound for throwing up.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sebbe_J Quote
That titanium-k20D looks nice. The green k-m looks plastic
They both look too plastic. The K20D is too big to be silver/titanium. thats why small digital soap bar cameras can be silver. but as they get bigger they become funny, and then they become ugly UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY.
I like the white K-m, Do not like the silver K200D, Do not like the silver K20D, and do not really like the olive.
But there could be a market for them as some of you guys have proven.
but for me, you would have to really kill me to put it IN my cold dead hands.

Although I really like pink P&S cameras. those you can put in my pocket

I have a feeling that the next Pentax camera will have olive as an option from the start if its aimed at the outdoorsman.
03-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OH MY GOD!...the silver 77 limited looks friggin spectacular on that titanium K20...I'll bet the silver 31 limited on that camera would make even Leica photographers look twice..
03-24-2009, 01:27 AM   #25

It is paint, not metal.
Of course it is not metal....

First, for covering plastic with metall look a like, commonly is NOT used any kind of paint. Different kind of covering methods are used and best of them are much more durable than any kind of convential paint. If you look those old Pentax chrome bodies, only most abused ones have lost any of their colour. Not even in the corners. So will be the case with this "titanium" body too.

Secondly, this green colour can be thorough coloured plastic, not paint. If the matt green colour is some kind of surface threatment, then there is some reasons for doubt. Matt finishes are in many cases very delicate to scratches.
03-24-2009, 02:38 AM   #26

I'll take two...
03-24-2009, 03:54 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

T-K20D... Maybe, but only if they make tastefully matching earrings to go with...

Cheers...
03-24-2009, 03:57 AM   #28
Veteran Member

In two month the body would be dirty. In a year or so the paint would start to come off and reveal the black plastic below. Scratches would reveal the underlying color etc
I have an old MZ-10 which is silver of course. It's as easy to clean as my black DSLRs. The plastic underneath the silver finish is gray (not black) so those few scratches are really not that noticeable.

I was after silver *Ist DS for it's retro look. Needles to say I really like the Titanium K20D.
03-24-2009, 04:29 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
I was after silver *Ist DS for it's retro look. Needles to say I really like the Titanium K20D.
Yeah. Have one of those silver *istDS and still love its look.

This titanium K20D is the first body ever since which applies the same design pattern to go silver (as silver *istDS). By design pattern, I mean which body parts exactly become silver and which ones stay black.

E.g., the black part on the left hand side is unique for silver *istDS and titanium K20D.

I assume this is the reason why silver *istDS and titanium K20D are considered beautiful by most people whereas silver K200D is considered ugly by many.
03-24-2009, 04:34 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Those who proclaim the cameras are ugly based on those dinky small images need to see the Pentax Japan website images... simply beautiful.

K20D Titan
There's no accounting for taste.

It strikes me as a hideously ugly monstrosity and an absolute mockery of what a camera ought to look like. I wouldn't take it to a dog fight.